SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lets Roll!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Lets Roll! Reply with quote

Lets Roll!
We need a plan post your suggestions here.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
kurtsprincess
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://protestwarrior.com/

Perhaps both groups can coordinate something.

They recently protested on the Today Show.

Quote:
OPERATION BIAS CHECK -- DEBRIEFING

Newsflash! The so-called mainstream media is biased! It must be true - I saw it on the Today Show.

My fellow ProtestWarriors and I arrived early (4am, if you want to get a good spot) in the morning at Rockefeller Center and stood in line with the tourists. This is a great example of the impact that even just a couple of people can make, so take this as encouragement to make your voice heard even if you are small in numbers.

The crew does check the signs as people are let in, but we easily snuck ours through, as mine was covered with a façade that had "HAPPY BDAY LOLA!" scribbled across it. These two huge guys in front of me allow me to put my sign out over the rail in front of them, saying it was for my granny's 101st birthday. When they realized what the sign actually said, the Bubba to my right grabbed the sign out of my hands and threw it to the ground, and their Michael Moore-sized bodies closed in on me, pushing me back. But no matter - the damage was done.

The ProtestWarrior behind me was tall, and from his position he cleverly managed to move his sign up and down at just the right time to lull the weary camera man back into a long shot during Toby Maguire's interview.

In the studio segment, Campbell Brown referred to the Iraqis' pending trial of Saddam Hussein as a "show trial." To hear this term used to describe the trial of a genocidal dictator, complete with his own defense attorney, as a "show trial" was truly infuriating. After so many dictators, i.e. Hitler, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao, and Castro, have gotten away with their genocidal crimes without being tried, it thrills our hearts to know that Saddam's crimes will be reviewed in a court of law by the people he brutalized - something freedom-loving people should celebrate. Unfortunately, NBC compares this process to the murderous trials of the innocents conducted by Stalin and Castro. Castro's televised trials in the late 1950's took about 15 minutes per innocent defendant, who was executed by firing squad immediately afterwards, no defense lawyers present. That's what "show trial" has always meant. And on the first day of the handover in Iraq, NBC slanders the new Iraqi regime and the Bush administration.

Tomorrow's release of the Spiderman sequel was apparently the other big news of the day, and if propaganda is a crime, we did a little bit of our own crime busting. In between the so-called news items (Laci Peterson, the latest teacher sex scandal, and the usual America-bashing spin), we got NBC to broadcast our message "DON'T BELIEVE THE LIBERAL MEDIA!" on national television.

-Rona, Tony, and Mark

For pics:

http://hq.protestwarrior.com/?page=/featured/NYC/operation_bias_check.php

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: