SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swifties' "smear"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Swifties' "smear" Reply with quote

This from the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Quote:
There was quite a lot of bad and ugly, typified by the Swift Boat Vets for Truth and the Sinclair Broadcasting Group's effort to broadcast a smear as "news." To a lesser extent, Michael Moore was guilty of the same thing with his conspiracy theories in the film "Fahrenheit 9/11."

And, this devastating reply to the above by Hindrocket of Power Line:

Quote:
No one has ever explained how broadcasting footage of John Kerry and playing his own words can constitute a "smear." And only at the Star Trib are Michael Moore's utterly fictitious conspiracy theories the "same thing," only not as bad as, the Vets' efforts to place John Kerry's record before the American public. But I doubt that the Strib's slurs will do anything to dampen the Vets' enjoyment of the election results.

Just savor the concept that showing actual footage of JK's lies constitutes a "smear". I would not even get a newspaper if it weren't for missing the comics. Laughing

Schadow
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Swifties' "smear" Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
This from the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Quote:
There was quite a lot of bad and ugly, typified by the Swift Boat Vets for Truth and the Sinclair Broadcasting Group's effort to broadcast a smear as "news." To a lesser extent, Michael Moore was guilty of the same thing with his conspiracy theories in the film "Fahrenheit 9/11."

And, this devastating reply to the above by Hindrocket of Power Line:

Quote:
No one has ever explained how broadcasting footage of John Kerry and playing his own words can constitute a "smear." And only at the Star Trib are Michael Moore's utterly fictitious conspiracy theories the "same thing," only not as bad as, the Vets' efforts to place John Kerry's record before the American public. But I doubt that the Strib's slurs will do anything to dampen the Vets' enjoyment of the election results.

Just savor the concept that showing actual footage of JK's lies constitutes a "smear". I would not even get a newspaper if it weren't for missing the comics. Laughing

Schadow

To a lesser extent

I thought I'd seen it all. Thanks for the update.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the spinning heads....
Still can't see clearly.....
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fJohn Kerry says that he has released all his military records, the MSM believes must be true.

If George Bush says he released all his military records, the MSM believes must be false.

And the MSM is dumb enough to think no one noticed this? This is why they cannot understand why they lost. They believe they could get by with anything and that belief cost them big!
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Smear"? No. More like "scrape".

John-Boy is the one who smeared. He smeared on thick pancake makeup, created through his false actions 30+ years ago and his lies from then on, to cover his true face. This makeup was thick, and covered his true face well. It formed a pretty - but false and nearly impenetrable - mask for a long, long time.

SVPFT scraped off Kerry's mask. They showed Kerry's true face to the public - for most, for the first time.

Thanks.

Last edited by Hondo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see.......

A newspaper reporter charging the Swifties with "smearing" cowardly kerry. Hmmmmm....

Ain't that kinda like a rat calling a opossum a long nosed f***er ???

These turds are so deep in the smear bussiness, they can't even recognize it when they see it anymore !!!!

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to decieve.

but then, Practice makes Perfect

Apparently the Liberals are rank amateurs
I hope there are no Liberals in the NSA, we'd all be up the creek. Twisted Evil

I think the main stream media took a page from the BOOK of GOEBBELS for their cue Razz

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: