SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSM Still Lying
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1968Recondo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: MSM Still Lying Reply with quote

The MainStream Media is still lying about the SwiftVets; still calling their charges unsubstantiated and still claiming the SwiftVets are a Republican front group.

The biggest battle has been won, thanks in part to the truth-telling of the SwiftVets, but there is still another challenge: Confronting the ongoing distortions by the MSM and continuing to demand that the they address the SwiftVet charges in an honest and objective manner. This is best done by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth organization through Letters-to-the Editor, Op-Ed pieces, and continued press releases, because letters sent by individuals are routinely ignored.

I personally sent two letters and an Op-Ed piece challenging the Washington Post’s distorted reporting on the SwiftVets. All were ignored. I then submitted a substantial rebuttal of the WP’s reporting to the WP’s Ombudsman and requested he review the matter (posted to SwiftVet discussion board). He punted the letter to the reporter and they dismissed the challenge. They are very comfortable with their bias and will not suffer any views contradictory to their agenda. The WP’s ombudsman is a weak company man who will rarely address the issue of bias. When he does, he rejects the contention.

What we as individuals can do is to continue to demand that the MSM ombudsmen address the issue of ongoing bias against the SwiftVets. If they get enough emails and letters they may have to go on record. Let them know they are under scrutiny. Beat them down with facts until they have to admit the truth.

Los Angeles Times Readers’ Representative: readers.rep@latimes.com
Letters to the Editor: letters@latimes.com
“Though many of their claims about Kerry’s military actions in Vietnam proved false, the group—calling itself Swift Boat Veterans for Truth—managed to scuff up Kerry’s reputation as a decorated veteran.” (“Election 2004: The White House; Ohio Up for Grabs…” by Mark Z. Barabak. The Los Angeles Times; Nov. 3, 2004)

Washington Post Ombudsman Michael Getler: ombudsman@washpost.com
Michael Dobbs, primary reporter responsible for distorted articles: dobbsm@washpost.com
Editorial Page Editor Fred Hiatt: fredhiatt@washpost.com
Primary reporter for distortions listed below: edsallt@washpost.com
“In addition, two Republican 527 groups, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth…” (“At the End, Pro-GOP ‘527s’ Outspent Their Counterparts.” by Jeffrey H. Birnbaum and Thomas B. Edsall. The Washington Post; Nov. 6, 2004)

“The best known ad by the Swift Boat Veterans attacked Kerry’s record in Vietnam. These claims were never substantiated…” (“After a Late Start, Republican Groups Jump into the Lead” by Thomas B. Edsall. The Washington Post; Oct. 17, 2004)

NY Times Ombudsman: public@nytimes.com
NY Times Book Review: books@nytimes.com
"There is no physical or documentary evidence to support the claims against Kerry. And everyone who actually served with Kerry in one of his boats, except for [Gardner], supports his account of the events." (Response by Newsweek reporter and author of a review of “Unfit for Command” for the NY Times Sunday Book Review (Oct. 10) to letter (Oct. 31) from Sherman and Barnes (posted to SwiftVet site)
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Old Media climbed into Kerry's boat with him in 1971 -- they failed to do their job then -- investigate his statements....
So, if they admit he has lied --- they have 30 years of bogus reporting to defend.....
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: AFTER THE TIME SPAN OF THE LIE: Reply with quote

THEY MSM IS JUST LIKE "KERRY" HIMSELF, HE NOW BELIVES THE LIES

NO LONGER DOES HE REMEMBER THE FIRST LIE, IT IS REAL TO HIM

AND IT IS REAL TO THEM , SOON THEY WILL START TO PUBLISH,

AS THE TRUTH THE LIES OF THE PAST, SOMETHING THEY AND OR HE

MADE UP IN 1969/1975 AS THE "REAL HISTORY" AND CALIM ANYONE

WHO SAYS DIFFERENT IS THE "ONE WHO LIES"

" in Texas words ,, they sick sob's, phew!!!!! and they smell bad too.!!!
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely no one here expected the MSM to change it's tune just because their guy lost, did they?

To the contrary , they may become even more defensive because of the stance they took a few months ago. CYA at it's best.

Take comfort in the fact that the Swiftvets were a major factor in the defeat of JFK in spite of the negative spin of the media.

The message got out and they couldn't stop it. That's what the MSM is really po'd about. They have to call it all lies. They don't have any choice.
Otherwise, they look really stupid.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen up. Strange. I saw a story on a strange CNN front webpage early this morning. When I tried to put it on this forum, no joke, no joke at all, it has vanished! It was Allawi bl ass ting Kofi Annan and anyone else who thinks they can advise Iraq about what Iraq needs now. I mean blasting!

I couldn't believe the article had been posted, couldn't believe his quotes were written for all the world to see. But they're certainly not there now, they disappeared 5 minutes later.
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother wrote:
Listen up. Strange. I saw a story on a strange CNN front webpage early this morning. When I tried to put it on this forum, no joke, no joke at all, it has vanished! It was Allawi bl a** ting Kofi Annan and anyone else who thinks they can advise Iraq about what Iraq needs now. I mean blasting!

I couldn't believe the article had been posted, couldn't believe his quotes were written for all the world to see. But they're certainly not there now, they disappeared 5 minutes later.

This is all I could find.
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me thinking Annan is gonna be leaving soon, too much B.S. out of his mouth.

Looking at his personal history in its totallity he's begining to make more sense these days. I believe he is a sworn enemy of the U.S. .
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a great believer in flanking tactics. I think some of the greatest military victories have been the result of flanking maneuvers and attacks, especially where victory has been achieved against numerically superior forces.

Accordingly I think one way to approach the problem of the MSM/OIM is to question their complete whitewash of their responsibility to inform the voters about the background and record of a relatively unknown candidate like Kerry. I just posted the following at PoliPundit under an appropriate topic to try to plant the seed for those folks to consider:

Quote:
...one of the factors that I think contributed significantly to Kerry’s defeat was the fact that most of the voters simply did not know or feel comfortable with Kerry. Kerry was a relative unknown to voters in most of the country when this election started. In their all-out blitz to make the election a referendum on the incumbent, the MSM forgot (or chose to ignore) that non-dedicated liberals need to know something about the candidate. Nothing (is what we got)!

MSM did not provide even “friendly” background reporting on the unknown Kerry - no review of his Senate career, and after Kerry made his Vietnam experience the centerpiece of the Democratic Convention and his campaign, not even any good “getting-to-know-the-candidate” reporting. In other words, the MSM left the voter who was not a committed Bush hater completely in the vacuum. Voters who know nothing about the candidate are much less likely to feel comfortable in supporting him.

I happen to think that if the MSM had ventured to educate the voters, they would have had so much trouble with Kerry’s checquered and controversial past, it would have been difficult to present him in a sympathetic light. But in that case, who was the beneficiary of this disservice? If Democrats had known about Kerry’s record, then he might not (I’d hope “would probably not") have even been their candidate.

In summary I think the MSM’s role, and irresponsiblity, in not even informing the voters in this election had a whole lot to do with the loss of the Democrats - which is something the MSM will never talk about or admit.

Thus, if we can plant the seed that the Democrats lost the election because, among other causes, voters were not informed, then maybe we can open the door just a bit on some post-election investigation into the question of "just who was John Kerry?" And even a gentle nudge in that direction might start the avalanche we all want - both in exposing Kerry and in exposing the MSM's complicity.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found it!!!! Different version. Gotta love it.
The article I saw on CNN was much more direct. Leave it to aljazeera. Go figure.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=5520
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an interesting comment on the times when Al Jazeera is more dependable than CNN.
GTA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kofi annan is a piece of work alright...

how did he even get appointed to his position at the un? was he a distinguished diplomat or politician? i'm assuming no..
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the email addresses I sent this letter to all of them.

Quit Ratherizing the Swift - Vets and even worse our troops.

Your bigotry against all things military is so apparent. Prove me wrong by reporting these stories.

Letters: Media obsessed on lack of WMDs, but there’s good news on the war on terror
Here are war on terror headlines that might have gotten lost or forgotten by a media fixated on “where are the WMD’s”? Or even worse how can we spin the uniformed Americans behaving badly story again?

1. Al-Qaida home base closed in Afghanistan
2. For the first time girls in Afghanistan are allowed to go to school
3. The public whipping and stadium executions of women has ended
4. Afghanistan refugees return home to assist in rebuilding effort
5. Afghanistan presidential election to be held this fall
6. Pakistan assists in the capture of Khalid Sheik Mohammed operational planner of 9/11 attacks
7. Saudi Arabia has seen the danger and has joined in on the war on terror
8. Saddam Hussein ignores U.N. Security Councils demand for a full accounting of weapons program for over a decade.
9. Saddam Hussein tried by Iraqi government
10. Iraq security forces fighting terrorists alongside coalition forces
11. In fear of the civilized world, Libya turns over chemical munitions and nuclear-processing equipment
12. A. Q. Khan, nuclear scientist selling plans to highest bidder is now out of business
13. American and British intelligence alert German and Italian authorities to intercept cargo ship loaded with nuclear equipment bound for Tripoli
14. Sixty nations support the Proliferation Security Initiative
15. More then 30 nations contribute forces to Iraq
16. Nearly 40 nations contribute forces to Afghanistan
17. Millions in the Middle East would like to live in freedom
18. Four and one-half million for first time have clean drinking water
19. 400,000 Iraq children immunization shots are up to date for the first time
20. 1,500 renovated Iraq schools ridden of weapons stored by terrorist now open for learning.
21. 80 percent more Iraqi children are now attending classes then before the war
22. Port renovation allows more grain to flow into Iraq
23. Iraq exports over 2 million barrels in one month for the first time in August of 2003
24. 100 percent of Iraqi hospitals are open compared to a 35 percent pre-war level
25. Over 400,000 Iraqis have telephones for the first time
26. An interim constitution has been signed
27. To date more then two-thirds of the al-Qaida leadership has been killed or captured
28. The homeland has not experienced another terrorist attack in almost three years

Please report the whole story. The politically charged media during a political season is having a negative effect on the morale of our troops in harm’s way who are keeping us out of harm’s way. Please put your political agendas on the shelf and cover the accomplishments of the troops.

Published in the Sheboygan Press 8/04

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all these MSM people (anti military) better hope they never have to depend specifically on the military for their individual (and family) protection.... If I were military and I had to choose between helping / saving one of them and someone else..... someone else would always win!
I'd be making a big list.... including the talking heads (they have a choice - they wouldn't be working there if they didn't want to agree with what they are saying) Wolf, Paula Zahn, Begala, Matthews.... all of them !

what if I had a choice say, in case of fire.... to help out people working at CNN or ABC bldg vs FOX? CNN and ABC would be on their own! Maybe Kerry would fly over and help them....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSM is really a joke as we all know...

but I am still curious as to the Sandy Berger story...

along with the Dan Rather story...

The only news source that seems to be staying on top the the Oil for Food program seesm to be Fox.

Where did they go?
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy put Dan in his pants with help from Iraqi Oil?

Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: