SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This IQ story just won't go away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, well I totally do not get the whole pancreas humor thing. Is it some kind of special Mensan humor? Like, over my head? Or is it..wait...deadheads...

Maybe *you* Mary Ann, could get Mensan Pads to be a sponsor of our tragi-comedic offering. And for the guys with no patience, maybe a premature posting herbal remedy sponsor.

Sure, I ate the olives. Tizzy assured me I would only barf once. I trust Tizzy implicitly. Just the name inspires trust, doncha think?

(Did you know Sam thinks he is a psychiatrist? Poor man, go along with it. Wink )
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Be Verrry Careful How You Call Him!!! Multiple Choice! Reply with quote

The Psychiatric Hotline"
Hello, and welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline. Smile

If you are obsessive compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly. Surprised Surprised

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2. Sad

If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6. Confused Confused

If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want.
Just stay on the line until we trace the call. Shocked

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you
which number to press. Razz

If you are manic depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No
one will answer. Very Happy

Remember, if he gives you "shock treatment" it is to prepare you for
the bill!! Wink
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Alright, well I totally do not get the whole pancreas humor thing. Is it some kind of special Mensan humor? Like, over my head? Or is it..wait...deadheads...

Maybe *you* Mary Ann, could get Mensan Pads to be a sponsor of our tragi-comedic offering. And for the guys with no patience, maybe a premature posting herbal remedy sponsor.

Sure, I ate the olives. Tizzy assured me I would only barf once. I trust Tizzy implicitly. Just the name inspires trust, doncha think?

(Did you know Sam thinks he is a psychiatrist? Poor man, go along with it. Wink )

Here is the reference from an old W.C. Fields movie. W. C. lands in a hot air balloon and asks "Is this Kansas City, Kansas or Kansas City, Missouri?" Just then three girls in hula skirts walk by and W. C. does one of his famous throw-away lines, "Reminds me of the fabled dancing girls of the Isles of Langrahans"

I am not a psychiatrist. Psychiatry is an obsolete profession. They are now psycho pharmacologists. I am a cognitive/behavioral therapist.

Sam

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Be Verrry Careful How You Call Him!!! Multiple Choice! Reply with quote

Mary Ann Parker wrote:
The Psychiatric Hotline"
Hello, and welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline. Smile

If you are obsessive compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly. Surprised Surprised

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2. Sad

If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6. Confused Confused

If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want.
Just stay on the line until we trace the call. Shocked

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you
which number to press. Razz

If you are manic depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No
one will answer. Very Happy

Remember, if he gives you "shock treatment" it is to prepare you for
the bill!! Wink

I actually wrote the original of this more than ten years ago. My version was better.

Sam
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: I Wager That You Are Tough To Beat @ Trivial Pursuit!! Reply with quote

Share your version.

Well that means you know what happend when the sadist dated
the masochist! Nothing....... Rolling Eyes
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam—
Quote:
I am a cognitive/behavioral therapist.

Wow Sam. You don’t seem quite touchy-feely enough to be a psychotherapist (that’s a compliment). Also, at the risk of sounding like an insensitive & simple-mined red state guy, psychotherapy seems to be such a waste of all that mensa IQ. (Do mensas sometimes tend to be underachievers?) Sounds like you could at least have been a psycho pharmacologist.

A while back I tried to explain to some cognitive therapy people (on their forum), who tend to equate affective processing and cognition/cognitive processing, that affective processing takes place separately by subcortical subconscious neural systems (e.g., amygdala) with or without or in spite of, and quicker than, the higher thinking and reasoning (conscious and subconscious) cognition … and that the influence of affect on higher cognition is far greater than the influence of cognition on affective processing—the primacy of affect over cognition.

I couldn’t convince them, but then I’m no mensa. However, I tend to agree that behavioral therapy may be worthwhile, although personally I prefer drugs.

Fred H.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: ADD'ers always fill out this part Reply with quote

This is my first time on this forum.

Should I light my pipe, or crack open a Budweiser?
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: I have a rotary phone Reply with quote

"Can I get me an opinion here?"

Do ya' all accept Pay Pal?
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="USAF66-70"]Sam—
Quote:
I am a cognitive/behavioral therapist.

Wow Sam. You don’t seem quite touchy-feely enough to be a psychotherapist (that’s a compliment).

At my clinic it is more like enlightenment boot camp than touch-feely. "Sam, you give a Karate chop to the chest, pull the beating heart out, carve truth on it with a butcher knife and then shove it back together and sew it up with a # 9 darning needle." has be said about my style. I have mellowed a bit with age.

Also, at the risk of sounding like an insensitive & simple-mined red state guy, psychotherapy seems to be such a waste of all that Mensa IQ. (Do menses sometimes tend to be underachievers?) Sounds like you could at least have been a psycho pharmacologist.

You’re just trying to butter me up to get drugs. We have a psycho pharmacologist on staff for such things. Underachiever? Nope, smart enough to know that I came here to have a good life and sometimes work (achievement) gets in the way of a good life. Most of the people on this forum could join Mensa so don’t try to pull “keep it simple I’m just a good old boy”.

A while back I tried to explain to some cognitive therapy people (on their forum), who tend to equate affective processing and cognition/cognitive processing, that affective processing takes place separately by sub cortical subconscious neural systems (e.g., amygdala) with or without or in spite of, and quicker than, the higher thinking and reasoning (conscious and subconscious) cognition … and that the influence of affect on higher cognition is far greater than the influence of cognition on affective processing—the primacy of affect over cognition.

You are neglecting to make a distinction between instinctual responses with neuro peptides produced by thinking. Every thought we think produces emotional chemicals that flood the system in less than a second. Cognitive therapy does not address instinct, only self produced emotions from what we are thinking about.

I couldn’t convince them, but then I’m no Mensa. However, I tend to agree that behavioral therapy may be worthwhile, although personally I prefer drugs.

Do you know about Same? We use lots of it with our clients.

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: ADD'ers always fill out this part Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
This is my first time on this forum.

Should I light my pipe, or crack open a Budweiser?

Both. Repeat as necessary.

Sam
MiltonThrasher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Kerry's IQ was reported as 115 on his OCS records Reply with quote

Kerry's IQ was shown to be 115 on his OCS records
that where reported on another Swift Boat discussion forum earlier.

There was a link to a .pdf file. I was hard to read but the
numbers were 8, 57, 50 which add to 115.
in his books and speeches. Vote for Bush/Cheney '04. Korean War vet.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: I have a rotary phone Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
"Can I get me an opinion here?"

Do ya' all accept Pay Pal?

I don't charge for opinions. I charge for my time. Cheap too. Only $150 an hour.

However please refer to the post about the pipe and Bud. It's cheaper.

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry's IQ was reported as 115 on his OCS records Reply with quote

MiltonThrasher wrote:
Kerry's IQ was shown to be 115 on his OCS records
that where reported on another Swift Boat discussion forum earlier.

There was a link to a .pdf file. I was hard to read but the
numbers were 8, 57, 50 which add to 115.

Nope. It was test form 8. NOQT score 57. Percentile among NOQT test takers 50.

However his IQ is 115 and Bush is 125.

Sam
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam:
Quote:
You are neglecting to make a distinction between instinctual responses with neuro peptides produced by thinking…. Do you know about Same?

I got me one of those Attention Deficit Disorder brains, disinclined to think and/or produce a whole lot of neuro peptides. And I’m getting old.

Regarding Sam-e, the literature indicates it’s good stuff, but never did much for me. I use amphetamine (prescription of course); and, unfortunately, have had to eliminate my Budweiser intake—alcohol’s a downer.

I’m persuaded that happiness is biochemical. Nevertheless, I still love Jesus, red state folk, and Veterans Day; and your enlightenment boot camp certainly sounds like a most effective psychotherapy.

Godspeed,
Fred H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: