SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Humble Article I Wrote In Honor Of SwiftVets and POWs

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: My Humble Article I Wrote In Honor Of SwiftVets and POWs Reply with quote

NEVER FORGET

George W. Bush has won the election. Thank God and thank the Swift Vets and POWs for their undying loyalty and love for our country which turned a blind eye and hid them in a closet, because of the 1971 testimony of John Kerry.

We must never forget that it was our country men that went and fought long and hard, drafted or not, in Vietnam. It was these Vets and POWs that honored their calling to serve. The Vets and POWs did not dodge the draft, they never ran to Canada, they served, like it or not, they fulfilled their patriotic duty.

In Kerry's 1971 testimony before a senate hearing he accused these Vets and POWs of attrocities committed on a daily basis. Because of this testimony our POWs faced possible toruture and death as they were forced to listen on radio to the testimony of John Kerry. When our Vets did return home, many POWs, they were booed and called baby killers. They had jars or urine and feces thrown at them. They were spat at. They received no rehabilitative services and their own military let them down. We all owe these men and women an apology, and all because of the testimony of one man, John Kerry.

His book, New Soldier, depicts these soldiers as vicious and heartless as he describes himself as reflective and thoughtful. It was John Kerry's testimony and his book that caused a generation of Vietnam Vets and POWs to be forgotten.

Can you imagine going to war, as a young man or woman, to defend your country, or a cause that would promote democracy in other countries and risking your life, giving up your comfort, leaving your family, only to come home to less than a heroes welcome? That is what exactly happened to our Vietnam Vets and POWs. We owe these men and women our lives, our freedom, and our democracy.

John Kerry was proved to be "Unfit for Command". Now to think that these men and women who served valiently should be put back in their closet to be forgotton is ludicrous. As long as there is breath in my body, I will work to make all Americans aware of the sacrifice these Vets and POWs endured so that we might be here with our freedom today.

Never ever forget the Vets of the Vietnam War, or its POWs. It is because of them that John Kerry was not elected as President. It was their love and undying loyalty to the United States and its peoples that we can still be here today in totality and freedom.

God bless our Vietnam Vets and POWs. The forgotten ones that have saved our country, not once, but twice. Never ever forget.

Last edited by Guest on Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said !!
I add my thanks....
Austen Lennon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... well said.... he must never get away with it.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You done good, Doll.

Schadow
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll a great article. The only thing I see lacking in your re capp of the Kerry record is the fact that in 1992 and 1993 he closed the door on the MIAs returning home.
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Doll. It's people like you that just warm my heart and remind me that it truly was worth the time I spent over there.

God Bless you all !!!

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post,this says it all. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
George
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love this letter Doll. This was out of the park! Great job Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocsparky101 wrote:
Doll a great article. The only thing I see lacking in your re capp of the Kerry record is the fact that in 1992 and 1993 he closed the door on the MIAs returning home.

Thanks ocsparky101. I appreciate this information....I did not know that! See, I am still learning things. Smile I will remember this for my next blog article. Smile
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll, your research will reveal that one of the reasons he wanted to close the POW/MIA issue quickly was to normalize relations with Communist Vietnam. Coincidentally, his cousin, a Forbes, was awarded sole-source representation for Communist Vietnam in negotiating contracts on their behalf for rebuilding their infrastructure.

Kerry, always the traitor, always the opportunist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: