SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMG Another Pathetic Email::::Please Read!!!! Thanks......
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll, you know I love you like a....well, like a friend. Very Happy And I won't tell you whether or not I think you should continue this friendship, because I am not you. Only you know the whole story.

I just know how I am. My political convictions are so strong that I can not be friends with people who would vote for Kerry. That is just all there is to it. I feel that who we support for office is so central to who we are that a Kerry vote would be an automatic disqualifier. I had one friend (one as in *ONE*) that was a life long Democrat, and he became history this election. We had even made in through Clinton and impeachment, but Kerry was the deal breaker. We were friends for over 20 years.

DMACK--Hey! Who are these weasels saying you 'spew propaganda'?? They calling my stuff propaganda?? Why, I oughtta.... Twisted Evil
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If her sons are in the military, why did they volunteer? Once you join the military the possibility of combat comes with the territory.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll, although your answer to your friend is excellent, I noticed that the response from Inatizzy really nailed your friend's main problem. It is that she has lost her ability (if she ever had it) to tell right from wrong, and to stand for what's right. She probably gets along with more people she knows by blaming America than she would by saying democracy is good for the peace and safety of all people, and fighting the enemies of democracy and freedom is the right thing to do. Maybe she would rather have the approval of wrong-headed people than take their abuse by standing on the truth the way you do. After all, conservative people aren't abusive when you disagree, they just want to discuss the issue and hope to persuade you with logic and truth. But if you go against the America haters, they want to call you names and shut you up and shun you like some defective subhuman.
Your friend needs to absorb what Inatizzy wrote. Maybe you can repackage that in future e-mails. It would be a kindness. But the chances are, she has chosen her side out of fear and made allies of the people whose disapproval she fears more than yours. I wouldn't expect her to change, but if you have the heart for it, keep trying.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
Doll, although your answer to your friend is excellent, I noticed that the response from Inatizzy really nailed your friend's main problem. It is that she has lost her ability (if she ever had it) to tell right from wrong, and to stand for what's right. She probably gets along with more people she knows by blaming America than she would by saying democracy is good for the peace and safety of all people, and fighting the enemies of democracy and freedom is the right thing to do. Maybe she would rather have the approval of wrong-headed people than take their abuse by standing on the truth the way you do. After all, conservative people aren't abusive when you disagree, they just want to discuss the issue and hope to persuade you with logic and truth. But if you go against the America haters, they want to call you names and shut you up and shun you like some defective subhuman.
Your friend needs to absorb what Inatizzy wrote. Maybe you can repackage that in future e-mails. It would be a kindness. But the chances are, she has chosen her side out of fear and made allies of the people whose disapproval she fears more than yours. I wouldn't expect her to change, but if you have the heart for it, keep trying.

I took your advice.....I sent her what Inatizzy wrote. Changed the she's to you etc, etc.....and I do not care.....let the chips fall where they may. I am tired or the libs making us look like the crazy ones.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest she ask her son a simple qestion. If he had a choice where he was to fight a battle would he perfer to fight that battle in a mountainious region where a rag tag military was able to defeat a World Power (Soviet Union). Or would he prefer to fight that battle in a desert landscape where we are able to use out technology (drones, dragon flies, night vision etc). It seems that she is in agreement that the war must be fought just not convinced where the battle field is best to guarantee victory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: