SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Move-On Declares Victory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Move-On Declares Victory Reply with quote

Hmmm, wonder if they ever heard of the word, DENIAL? Laughing

Move-On Declares Victory
Monday, Nov. 8, 2004 10:27 p.m. EST

While most Democrats are crying in post-election beer, the folks at MoveOn.org have taken a different tack.

In the wake of blowing their chance to oust President Bush from the White House - and in the process blowing through tens of millions of George Soros' dollars - MoveOn has declared victory.

It may not be as exciting as winning the White House and cementing a lock on both houses of Congress, but the left-wing pressure group claims to have had "a real impact."

After a lobbying campaign by MoveOn, for instance, the Senate has "repudiated torture."

"On June 16th," the group boasts, "the Senate approved an amendment offered by Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL), requiring Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to issue guidelines to keep US treatment of prisoners in line with our commitments under this bedrock international law."

We can only imagine how many senators stood foursquare behind torture before MoveOn's intervention.

Another great victory: California will now use paper ballots.

"Beginning in 2006," the MoveOn web site boasts, "California voters will be able to verify our votes on secure paper ballots that can be counted, and re-counted if necessary."

Wouldn't want to miss the chance to rerun the Florida fiasco in the Golden State.

Here's another spectacular MoveOn achievement:

"Thanks in part to hundreds of our phone calls to our Representatives, the House voted to save 300,000 acres of old growth forest from clearcutting. If the Senate follows suit, the trees will live."

We're sure Mr. Soros is delighted that his millions were so well spent. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Moveon Declares Victory
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Move-On Declares Victory Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
We're sure Mr. Soros is delighted that his millions were so well spent. Rolling Eyes Laughing

How fun! Very Happy

The lemmings are rushing a river in Egypt, all right. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of moonbats.
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gosh, if that is all they wanted in order to declare victory, we could have had a sedate campaign season. I'd have happily given 'em all that in exchange for Kerry's defeat.

Who knew? Cool
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, they're throwing more furniture around over at my High School
website then they are at either moveon.org OR **.
org. Maybe they're catching up on their courses before fall semester
finals next month.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kommandant Soros could have just bought the trees for the tree huggers and saved himself a lot of money.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next time I am beat in a tennis tournament during the quarter or semi finals I think I will just declare myself the victor and take the trophy. Then I will insist that I be placed in the record as the victor, or at least that all the other competitors (the ones that actually beat me) allow me to share the platform with them because they OWE it to my supporters.

BARK! BARK! BARKING! MOONBATS...
FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think that would ever happen... especially if you got as far as that with cheating like Kerry did
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think there's an antidote for koolaid addiction, so I say if they're happy in Michael Moronland, let's just leave 'em there. Smile

Debbie
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Move-On Declares Victory Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Money spent almost as efficiently as many a government program.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MOVEON money is getting paid out in huge salaries to this cottage industry of activism.

To that regard MoveOn is a true scam....and one they want to continue. They pay themselves tons of money. How much money given to MoveOn is spent on advertising? Actual air time? My guess would be under 20%. The rest is spent on all sort of folks who make their living off being the opposition.

Much like a typical unethical lawyer.....Moveon makes money off the fighting....not by the resolution of anything.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moveon.org in claiming these dubious "victories" sounds just like the guy who when questioned by a reporter after his home had been reduced to a pile of rubble and lumber by a hurricane replied "Well, I won't be needing to spend money on firewood this winter!" Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: