SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry speech to the NAACP

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Kerry speech to the NAACP Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is despicable. His entire campaign runs on peoples fears. He is promising a whole lot. Some one added it all up and it would be in the trillions for all the social changes he wants to make. It would be impossible for him to do everything he is squawking about. I'll have to find that info.

"Invest in our future, no child will be left behind." How will he do that?

"We've got a plan to get the waste and greed out of our health care system and help families save up to $1,000 on their premiums." HOW? Why can't he talk about "the Plan" instead of "we will do this and that?

"Values mean making our country independent of Mideast oil. We've got a plan to invest in new technologies and alternative fuels and protect our environment, so that no young American in uniform is ever held hostage to our dependence on oil from the Middle East." This is the biggest bunch of crap! He's saying we sent our young Americans in uniform to war because of oil? Shocked

"Values mean building a strong military and leading strong alliances, so no young American is ever put in harm's way because we needlessly insisted on going it alone. In our Administration, we'll never go to war because we want to; we'll only go to war because we have to."

The only reason we went to war because we WANTED to? Christ Almighty! Didn't he vote for the war? Where was he when the Clinton Admin wrote the Iraq Liberation Act in 1998? Where was he when we went back time and time again to the UN? Strong alliances, with who? What has France and Germany ever done for the good of the world?
Shocked Evil or Very Mad Shocked Evil or Very Mad Shocked Evil or Very Mad Shocked Evil or Very Mad Shocked

Arrrrrrrgggg! This speech is really pissing me off! Grrrrrrrr!

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get mad at the speech, have a good laugh instead. Look at it closely and see the flips, flops and weak points he's trying to make:

Health care: Hillary tried and died. Kerry is going the same way by calling health care a RIGHT. Hist said it best so I won't belabor that point.

Oil: Note the implied old saw about Iraq being about oil. It comes back to bite him in the butt a bit further on.

Military: Can't build a stronger military without funding. His voting record shoots this point down quite well.

Sudan: Refer back to oil. 300,000 people who may die. Interesting how that is the number of estimated dead in Iraq for the same reasons - an uncaring, corrupt regime conducting genocide. Special note: he mentions sanctions. Who is going to suffer the most from the sanctions? Yep, the people he wants to "save". Then comes the threat of "ACTION". He does mention in concert with allies - hmmmm, don't we have that in Iraq?

Twice he mentioned disenfrancisement of his audience yet forgot to mention it was his party that caused the majority of that problem. Twice he mentions unemployment yet neglects to mention how much lower it is.

What John Kerry did was open some excellent counter-points. Shoot, he even played the Vietnam card. So don't be angry, have a good laugh. Its not every day the condemmed offers to buy his own rope and find his own tree from which to hang himself.
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He plays every card. I know he sounds like a pinhead. Who's calling him on any of it? If we went down the list on all the subjects on a nightly news program, it would last all night!

They're so many faults with his speeches, but he just goes on and spews it. Your right about the flip-flops, but if this wasn't so serious, I could laugh at it.. If this damn election wasn't so close, I'd be amused.

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry speech to the NAACP. Reply with quote

According to Kerry's speech, a crisis exists in Darfur, Sudan. and the lives of 300,000 people may be in jeopardy. Let's call it what it really is, genocide. Well here's a news flash for you Kerry, the United Nations has decided not to refer to the crisis as genocide. If they did, they would be required by their very own charter to intervene with troops and stop the killing. Kofe Anan would prefer to view it as an African problem, not genocide. And just where the hell have you been for the past 4 decades. Remember Biafra, The Belgian Congo's Stannyeville (sp) horror, Rawanda's Hutto and Tutsi's crisis. And oh, while were on the subject of genocide , let's review what happend in Cambodia, thanks to Pol Pots, Khmere Rouge. What was the conservative body count? 1.2 Million. How many Vietnamese were brutally murdered by the communists. I believe I once read that probably only 200,000 might possibly be mildy rebuked by the communist North Vietnames for their actions of resistance to join the workers paradise. Talk about hypocrisy. Is America's collective memory really that short or is the average america just apathetic. This crisis has been going on for 40 years and now according to Kerry, the United States should intervene and stop the bloodshed. Where's Kerry's beloved UN and Europeans? Talk about double speak and flip-flops. Just where in the hell is this guy coming from?

George F. Thompson
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I should it does not surprise me but Kerry said on Sudan "This adminstration must stop equivocating. These government-sponsored activities should be call by their rightful name - genocide. that is the lesson of Rwanda. That is a lesson of World War II. That is a lesson of time"...

Meanwhile the UN Security Council and the US is circulating a draft resolution that threatens sanctions within 30 days against Sudan if the government does not move to ease humanitarain access and to disarm Arab militants....so US and the UN are doing what John Kerry claimed he would have done with Iraq. (and I have yet to hear WHAT John Kerry would have done when the UN failed again and again to make Iraq comply with the resolutions.)

The problem with Mr. Kerry; he does not tell us what he will do when the UN fails to act. We know that the UN will not do anything. Like always, it will fall into the hands of the US Armed Forces and then be criticized by the left for failing to do it correctly.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: