SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Letter to John Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call- I already sent a copy of all his emails to viewerservices@ msnbc.com. I'll see where it goes from there. It really is hard to believe that this guy could be an actual MSM award-winner. Man, alive....
Stephen Marquette
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPT 2Slick,
Great letter. It's just amazing that the American people were too stupid to elect such a smart guy as commander-in-chief. I'll bet that with his secret, super-smart plan for victory -- this war would be over a week after he was elected. He would have set you guys in the military straight. Old Chirac himself would have gone to Iraq to help. The terrorists would have been so scared, they would have just given up the day after he was elected. Then we could just love each other and all get along.

Thanks for your service to our country, son. God bless.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our media has been anti-war, anti-military, anti-capitalist and anti-American since right about the time that the war in Vietnam escalataed.

You had great answers for this azzhat, and I'm proud of you! Smile

I've spent some time in the last few days reading through our soldiers' blogs - something I've not had time to do in months. (It is wonderful to be able to spend some time with you all and not be worrying about what other things I SHOULD be doing, instead. Wink )

I've bookmarked yours and quite a few others. You've got some great writing in yours and I'll pass it along to a lot more people. Thank you for taking the time to put it all into words.

What the media doesn't recognize is that we're generally starved for news of what our people are doing over there. The talking heads stand on the balcony of their hotel in Baghdad and report. They tell us nothing of what our troops are seeing, doing, coping with - nothing about how they live. Blogs like yours are a lifeline.

Thank you!
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrwhite85 wrote:
All of Hockenberry's e-mails should be forwarded to his boss.

Great Stuff 2slick. I agree with jrwhite85. Unwashed unscrubbed and unsanitised by media bias or BS, I'd even be happy to sign one of them. Thanx Captain! You have balls bigger than brass door-knobs, IMHO.

Hell, I'd send copies to the other media like CBS, CNN. Even a copy to O'rielly over at Fox for maybe a bit of air play.

/0

-Maj

Grunt Marine - Vietnam 1969-70
Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought of that - yes, send it to Fox and of course the other competition as well!

They might get into a little feeding frenzy.

JRW
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All-

Just letting you know that this issue was resolved- at least as far as I'm concerned. Check out this recent post at my site for details:

http://2slick.blogspot.com/2004/11/hockenberry-comes-clean.html

You'll have to read my last 3 or 4 posts to get a complete picture of how it all happened. It was all pretty bizarre- and interesting...

Thank you all for the nice comments about my letter and such. Look forward to working with you all on future missions as we continue fighting the good fight...

-2Slick
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy may end up understanding something about objectivty -- might even turn out to be a decent human being. But he clearly still doesn't see what all the hubub is about regarding John Kerry, and can be relied upon to help such as that in the future.

The fight continues.

Remember, it's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice.

Also, a little tip I picked up. You never can be quite sure -- so always imagine your opponent in a wheelchair, blind, and with a colstomy bag taped to his abdomen or something. In other words - "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." (It keeps people focused on the issues! - where we will always win)
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

2slick, keep us informed of what goes on over there. We NEED and WANT to hear more from you and others.

Amos
USMC Ret. VN I Corps 1968
Doc Jerry K
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job 2Slick.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
OLD_SALT
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2slick wrote:
Hey All-

Just letting you know that this issue was resolved- at least as far as I'm concerned. Check out this recent post at my site for details:

http://2slick.blogspot.com/2004/11/hockenberry-comes-clean.html

You'll have to read my last 3 or 4 posts to get a complete picture of how it all happened. It was all pretty bizarre- and interesting...

Thank you all for the nice comments about my letter and such. Look forward to working with you all on future missions as we continue fighting the good fight...

-2Slick

Great job 2slick... Give em’ hell!

Old Salt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: