SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From another Massachusetts Voter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: From another Massachusetts Voter Reply with quote

I forwarded the enclosed to a VFW post in eastern PA this morning with my copy of Stolen Honor.

Gentlemen:

I am forwarding my copy of “Stolen Honor” to you to use or discard as you see fit. My hope is you will give the DVD to as many undecided voters in your organization as can possibly view it prior to the 2 November 2004 election.

Why am I doing this? I want to appeal to you to vote for George Bush next Tuesday. I am a registered voter in Massachusetts having lived here since 1987. I grew up in Beaver County PA (the other side of the state), went to Navy OCS after college in 1977, served four years active as an officer aboard a frigate out of Norfolk and a final year as a recruiter. I retired from the reserves in 1995. I am married and a father of three teenagers. My middle child joined the Army Reserve this year and is currently at Ft. Bragg for advanced training in Civil Affairs. My politics in the early part of my life were Democratic. I registered independent in 1992 and this year registered as a Republican for the first time in my life. I am not active with the town Republican Committee or anything like that, but I obviously have strong political opinions or I would not be writing this letter. I am not a member of the “Republican attach machine”.

John Kerry has been my senator since I moved here in ’87. I have no idea of what he stands for or the causes he champions (if any). I live in a state where the Congressional delegation (10 reps and 2 senators) is all one party – Democrat. Our state legislature is 80% plus Democrat. We have some of the strictest gun legislation in the Republic. A man can legally marry a man or a woman can marry a woman here. In summary, Massachusetts is one of the most liberal places on the planet and one-party rule is pretty much the norm and expectation. I know what Senator Kerry’s supporters have in mind for you.

I am not a combat veteran. I am not a member of the VFW or the Legion. But I am a veteran nonetheless. Not only do I think Kerry would be a bad president, but I am insulted by what he did to my fellow veterans during and after the Vietnam War. I am leery of his double speak and I do not want this man commanding my child!

Why your post? I wanted to provide information to voters in a “battleground” state in some small way. I obviously have some affinity for my home state. I selected your web site through a Google search. It was all pretty much a random crap shoot. I realize this letter may offend some of you, but I ask you to be open minded enough to understand why I wrote it and please take a look at the enclosed DVD. With my limited resources and time, that is all I can do. I hope the tone of this letter appears civil.

I thank you for your service and I want you to know that I appreciate the sacrifices you have made for this country regardless of your political beliefs or affiliations. God bless you.

Sincerely,
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats and thanks from another Mass. resident!!
salutevets
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I salute you sir...Question: Did the Lodge ever return an email? or letter?
How can a senator stay in office that long with the record he has?
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salutevets said:
Quote:
Did the Lodge ever return an email?

I never heard anything Salutevets and a reply is not necessary. It was sent to a small town west of Philly, I'm not going to post the name of the VFW. If I do get a letter I will follow up on this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: