SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks for a superb job. Mission Accomplished

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Thanks for a superb job. Mission Accomplished Reply with quote

Never let it be said that when one takes off the uniform and is discharged from active military service that one cannot render an invaluable service to one's country. The SwiftVets and the Pows did in 2004 to prevent someone who is Unfit For Command from taking the reins of power. I am convinced that, in spite of what comes out of the media, the SwiftVets campaign made a difference in this election.

It was particularly satisfying for me, because I too am a Vietnam veteran and a retired Army officer. I was in Vietnam, and in fact in the same areas at the same time as John Kerry when he was there, brief though it was for him. I returned from Vietnam in April, 1970, and was discharged. It was one year later, in April, 1971, that John Kerry gave his "performance" before that Senate committee. I was revolted and disgusted by what I saw and heard. And I knew then that someday I would be voting against him in some future presidential election. It took more than thirty years for him to feel that he was properly positioned for a run at the White House. But, regardless of what he did in subsequent years, his grandstanding and betrayal while American troops were still under fire and American POWs were being tortured, by itself, rendered him unfit for command. It is clear to me that the brief time he spent in Vietnam and his scramble for decorations was all part of his effort to build his resume for future political office, especially the presidency, and that he was more than willing to betray the people he left behind if he felt it politically advantageous.

Enter the SwiftVets and POWs. They rose to the occasion for their country one more time. Every American who loves his country owes them a debt of gratitude for stepping up to the plate one more time. I am convinced it made a difference. The fact that John Kerry never did directly address the charges raised by the SwitVets shows that he knew they were telling the truth. They became his worst nightmare, a part of his past that came back to haunt him in his quest for a lifelong goal.

So, thank you SwiftVets and POWs, one more time, for providing an invaluable service to your country. A job well done! Welcome home.

Stephen Cooke
Major, US Army (retired)
RVN: 1968-70
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home from one California Vet to another.
You are right about the SwiftVets role in Kerry's defeat and even a liberal political expert can't deny it (although some are trying). He blames others for not allowing him to respond to the charges. But we know that any response other than the truth would have been shot down with facts. And responding with the truth (which he would never have done) would have exposed him for what he really is.
The downside to his silence is that he still has not answered for his anti-war atrocities.
CaVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garb1015:

Thanks for the note. There are at least two of us sensible pepole here in Southern California. Smile

Regarding your observation that Kerry still has not answered for his anti-war atrocities...in a way he has. He lost the election. And a big part of the reason why is the exposure that the SwiftVets gave to his record. Of course, it's not enough. But Jane Fonda and host of other leftist ******** from that period haven't answered, either. Other than the general contempt that many of us will feel for them (of which they are fully aware) until their dying days, we can't expect much more, after all these years.

Kerry's failed run for the presidency reopened a lot of old wounds from Vietnam. It came back to bite him in the butt. The finishing touch to all of this would be for him to be defeated in a bid to retain his Senate seat from Massachusettts. But, I gave up on that state long ago. Any state that regularly reelects Ted "The Swimmer" Kennedy is beyond hope.

Welcome home.

CaVet
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: