SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perhaps you have not talked to enough veterans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
F. Rottles
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Perhaps you have not talked to enough veterans? Reply with quote

See the the discussion here for another defence of Kerry's Forbright testimony that somehow still has currency today. There's a lot of work to be done, yet.

Quote:

Once again I must point out that the 1971 testimony did not paint all who served as war criminals. If you wish, you may count yourself among those who can read his actual testimony (Google: Kerry testimony 1971) and come away with that idea.

In reply to my critical response of the above remark, a frequent Kerry defender, Semi-Pundit, has claimed credibility by virtue of being related to a Vietnam Veteran and added that --

Quote:

Perhaps you have not talked to enough veterans.

Of course, it seems to me that Kerry had not talked to enough actual, bonafide, veterans prior to presenting his extraordinary stories of war crimes to the Senate Committee in 1971. Or writing "The New Soldier". Or even by the time that he made his recent statement that he remained proud of his testimony.

If you are familiar with Kerry's Forbright testimony -- his statement and his remarks during the Q & A that followed -- or have firsthand testimony of your own, please consider visiting the discussion and adding to the weight of those who have "talked to enough veterans". You'll need to scroll down to near the bottom of the discussion thread.

Note: Beldar.blogs.com has been a supportive forum for Swiftees and POWs to present their case. The discussion there has been spirited but also civil.

UPDATE: I mistakenly included a poll when I first posted this. In reposting, the poll has been removed.

Admin note: The mistake was ours, not yours. We neglected to disable the poll function in this forum.
F. Rottles
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The discussion over at Beldar.blogs.com has progressed. The focus is on Kerry's testimony before the Forbright Comittee in 1971.

To his credit, Semi-Pundit supports the call for the full release of Kerry's military records. He may be on the brink of conceding that the SwifVets Ad quoted Kerry correctly.

Does anyone know of progress in other such discussions on the net, radio, tv? Have enough Vietnam veterans really been heard, yet?

Update on the discussion at Beldar. (Scroll down).

Also:

Do you agree with LAT that the 2nd SwiftVets ad takes Kerry out of context?
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I provided a couple of tidbits for Mr. Beldar to evaluate from WinterSoldier.com Cool
F. Rottles
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Largely unsubstantiated? Not. Reply with quote

Friends of mine who share a computer with me have continued the challenge over at Beldar's website.

They've commented several times under a shared moniker: Where's The Beef?. Check it out near the bottom of the thread.

The SwiftVets won the Courage Award but Associated Press still reports that their claims against Kerry are "largely unsubstantied". The challengers keep on pretending they've won the debate that they have actually lost, lost, and lost.

They do so to squeeze out some sort of make-belief-victory. They do so to preclude public interest in Kerry's record. They do so to protect him, and his myths, from facing a true decision in the court of public opinion.

In the meantime, it is entertaining to see the Kerry defenders melt away from full discussion of the SwiftVet claims against Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: