SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"WHO WILL LEAD TO HOLD KERRY ACCOUNTABLE?"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary L. Smith, USN, Ret.
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: "WHO WILL LEAD TO HOLD KERRY ACCOUNTABLE?" Reply with quote

Who is going to continue to push forward to hold Kerry Accountable now that the election is over?

Is it important to reveal the truth about Kerry and hold him accountable?

With the Swift Vets & POWs dropping out, will this end the chance of final victory against Kerry?

Has the Vietnam Vet's immage changed yet?

Do you still hear the voice of Kerry at the Senate Hearings?

Thease are questions I ask myself & share with you all.
Airedale
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: "WHO WILL LEAD TO HOLD KERRY ACCOUNTABLE?" Reply with quote

Gary L. Smith, USN, Ret. wrote:
Who is going to continue to push forward to hold Kerry Accountable now that the election is over?

With the Swift Vets & POWs dropping out, will this end the chance of final victory against Kerry?

Thease are questions I ask myself & share with you all.

What is Kerry up to?
Is he on a "thanks for your support" tour in the Middle East?

Former U.S. presidential candidate Senator John Kerry (D-MA), an election observer, waves as he passes a Palestinian security guard on his way to meet Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie in the West Bank city of Ramallah January 9, 2005. Palestinians voted on Sunday for a successor to Yasser Arafat and looked likely to elect Mahmoud Abbas, a pragmatist who has promised to revive a peace process with Israel after years of bloodshed. REUTERS/David Furst

IS he setting his own policies of being "A loose Cannon on Deck"?

Didn't he pull his own "gun deck" diplomacy with Nicoragua's Daniel Ortega in the early 80's...
.... only to be torpedoed by his commie friend?

hey,
How about his new dictator photo op bud ?

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad (L) and U.S. Senator John Kerry meet in Damascus, January 8, 2005, to discuss the latest developments in the Middle East and Iraq. REUTERS/SANA

Better watch the company he keeps. Even though he won't give back the unspent campaign fund's ( he claims he wants to make another run... yeah... right... ) he still is a threat if he openly is seen in public ..
still giving comfort to the enemy.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking others to do the dirty work is easy, when we sit back safe and anonymous behind our computers.

Instead of asking "who," or whining that others are "dropping the ball," why not put yourselves out in the public eye?

Any who reside inside Massachussetts are free as anyone else has been to step forward with the wealth of information garnered about Ms. sKerry and take on him and the political machine.

Never ask WHO, step up and do it!!!
Gary L. Smith, USN, Ret.
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To WATERS

(Edited by Admin - keep it civil and pleasant. I happen to agree 100% with LewWaters on this matter and no doubt many others would too. If you have a difference of opinion, please state it politely. Thanks, EJ)

MS Skerry??? If you know something let it out.
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary L. Smith, USN, Ret. wrote:

Quote:

With the SBVT dropping out I'm afraid that individuals who value the truth will have to seek it themselves. The SBVT focus on beating Kerry seems to have obscured the fact their honor has been tainted again by Kerry as it was after the Vietnam War. Kerry may not be viable presidential candidate again but he is likely to be a significant voice in the Democratic party for years to come. As memories fade his voice will become more and more of the "truth" while the SBVT will be seen more and more as the liars that unfairly influenced the election.

My personal focus is on the 1st PH because the issue is simple and direct and likely to be resolved someday if documents like an after action report, a commanding officer's recommendation, a witness statement or some more testimony about these missing documents are revealed. So far my FOIA requests and letters to government officials haven't yielded anything but I'll continue until they do.

The SBVT is in a position to organize an effort to really get at the truth. For example, they could reslove the issue of whether David Alston was with Kerry by soliciting statements from veterans on other boats who that with PCF 94. Michael Dobbs of the Washington Post interviewed a number of vets and concluded that he was on Kerry's boat on March 13, 1969. Do anti Kerry vets who were there agree?

Some SBVT vets provided affidavits. The SBVT should organize an effort to focus a series of affidavits on specific issues like whether there was hostile fire when Kerry rescued Rassmann.

Almost everyone agrees on the basics of the Silver Star award. Kerry shot a VC. The SBVT say this doesn't deserve a SS. The Navy obviously disagreed. Did the Navy give the award because Kerry was the OTC for the entire operation? Why was the SS citation changed so radically to eliminate the shooting of the VC and to erroneously claim that Kerry faced a superior force?

There is one point that needs emphasis. The issue here is truth. If the facts support Kerry, so be it. We can't be selective in cherry picking a version of facts to support only one position. I'm afraid that the SBVT can be perceived as doing that by opting out of fact finding now that Kerry has been defeated.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Lew - it's pretty easy to insist that our leaders continue to lead us. It wasn't us that had our lives turned upside down. My daughter's wedding wasn't interrupted by protesters, my business wasn't picketed, my personal life didn't become fodder for the tabloids.

The great thing about the Internet is that everyone with a connection has the same opportunity to voice an opinion. Instead of making the repeated insinuations that this group of men somehow haven't done enough, roll up your sleeves and go to work. BE the leader that you seek.

There's been a huge amount of information provided to us by the Swifts and by the participants on this board. Each one of us can take part in getting that word out there.

We've said that we will never again allow the denigration of the service of our veterans. And yet that's exactly what we're doing when we demand that the Swifts remain front and center as a rallying point - we imply that what they've done is insufficient. Not just in this thread, but in several others, here.

Criticizing the Swifts on their own board is particularly boorish behavior - especially in light of the fact that nearly every pundit on the planet has credited them as the single most effective anti-Kerry factor in the election.

Use this board to gather and exchange information, to make networks, to plan activities. If you're furious that this poseur is still in a position of leadership then get up, dig in - go to work.

Don't use it (ever) to imply that these men are in any way negligent in what they have done or may be willing to do now or in the future. It is not up to ANY of us to judge.

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

This issue has been discussed in this forum upside down and sideways...and we are at it again here. Please allow the Swiftees the latitude they decidedly deserve to chart whatever course they choose without criticism in their own forum.

In the interim, as both Lew and NNN have noted, stay tuned, stay informed and stay active. Kerry has a Senate seat to win...let's work collectively to see that it's denied him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: