SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNOWBALL, FRUIT THROWN AT PRESIDENT"S MOTORCADE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all know that the closest the Democrats will ever get to the White House is on the TV show "West Wing", don't you?

I've taken to watching that show lately...it's almost funny to see how heroic their version of the president is.

In his last year in office, he will single-handedly solve most of the ills of the nation. They got his old chief of staff back to help him do it.

Okay, okay, I know youse guys don't watch that channel. I wouldn't either but it's one of my sister's favorite shows.

Maria
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotsa_Static wrote:
Scotty61,

I live in California (not the blue fringe part). Believe me, they are breeding faster than cockroaches but without the same intellectual capacity. Someday they might decide to move inland and infect the red states. Be very afraid.

Here in the Dakotas and western Minnesota we actively participate in rugged individualism and gun ownership. Even the casual observer of specie Liberalus Stupidious, genus Progressivivus Backwardius knows that they are deathly allergic to these two things. Not unlike those who suffer from bee sting allergies. A few local examples have developed an form of immunity by engaging in these activities. They are however, more a form of ammusement when the paradox of their behavior comes into contact with their political beliefs, than any real danger.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSeeger wrote:
You all know that the closest the Democrats will ever get to the White House is on the TV show "West Wing", don't you?

I've taken to watching that show lately...it's almost funny to see how heroic their version of the president is.

In his last year in office, he will single-handedly solve most of the ills of the nation. They got his old chief of staff back to help him do it.

Okay, okay, I know youse guys don't watch that channel. I wouldn't either but it's one of my sister's favorite shows.

Maria

I watch and enjoy the show, except when they get preachy about the superiority of liberalism. As a political junkie I like the mechanics of how things get done at that level. Lately though, it seems that it is about to jump the shark.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worries me that these uneducated ijuts are probably able to vote! Whether they take the time to do so is another story. Although I did not vote for slick Willie, in 1996 I waited in the hot July sun for 4 hours to see/hear him when he came through MI on his train campaign. I did so because of the OFFICE, not the man. It would never occur to me to do something this idiotic!
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty, Scotty, Scotty:

There once was a time when I too regarded the Liberalus Stupidious, genus Progressivivus Backwardius (good one, pal) with contemptuous amusement. Oh how I woe the day I ignored their idiotic prattle in the daft assumption that nobody with a measurable IQ could possibly fall for that ****.

When I was away serving in uniform this evil virus that first appeared so innocuous and benign revealed itself a cancerous growth that had a stranglehold on the state that President Reagan once governed! While my Governor became my President, evil forces of unsurpassed stupidity hijacked this great state.

Then came Feinstein, and then came Boxer. And I learned why in California drive-up ATMs have braille.

Pray for us (but not on federal land lest the Anti Christian Litigation Union target you).

When you finally wise up and target California with those left-over cold war nukes, remember that Sandy Eggo is a RED section on the bottom of this wretched blue state. USE 'EM OR LOSE 'EM! You want them to RUST???!?

Maybe Arnold will deliver us, but I think he is doomed to failure.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donno. I don't think that I would even CONSIDER throwing anything
at a Presidential Motorcade. Maybe something to do with just maybe
someone official with a scope sighted rifle maybe not understanding
that it was merely a snowball or a piece of fruit, and take the appropriate
lethal action. Just a thought.

It's an excellent way to be enshrined in the Darwin Award Hall of
Fame.
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those "people" were not your run of the mill protesters.. Yes, people have the right to speak their minds (if they actually have one) and hold signs, whatever. Those were mostly the radicals, anarchists, the professionals protesters who go around the country and the world for no other purpose but to disrupt....

I saw on the TV a crying woman who said because of these "people" she was unable to get to her paid designated spot.. They were blocking the entrances to the gates and it took hours for people to get in. Some never made it and they paid good money to see and support the President.. They should have been arrested. I don't think causing trouble like that is peaceful protesting.

I understand people need to protest... But, why would they give organizations like A.N.S.W.E.R such a spot where they could disrupt and ruin it for the others close to them? Also, knowing there would be anarchists in their midst, why weren't they searched better? I supposed they said the fruit was their lunch Rolling Eyes ... There should have been a no food/drink policy in the protesters section... At least nothing horrible happened.. I had such a bad feeling that day, but all the rest went really well... Very Happy

Except when they showed Kerry's horseface.. Ugghh.. Mad

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey NYC, you think you had a wierd feeling that day? you should of felt the one I had when all that steam rose up from that sewer manhole! Sad
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Hey NYC, you think you had a wierd feeling that day? you should of felt the one I had when all that steam rose up from that sewer manhole! Sad

Yeah, OMAGOD! The newsperson was saying OH look at that. What's going on, well I guess if the secret service guys aren't worried, we shouldn't be either... Laughing

At first you couldn't see where the smoke was coming from!!!

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: