SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAID KERRY CAMPAIGN WORKERS SLASHED TIRES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: PAID KERRY CAMPAIGN WORKERS SLASHED TIRES Reply with quote

Drudge has an article on the arraignment of two paid Kerry campaign workers that slashed the tires of scores of GOP cars to be used to ferry voters who lack transportion to the polls. Now my question is this: Will the Corrupt Old Media call this what it is... an attempt at voter suppresion? Evil or Very Mad

Admin note: Link: Washington Post
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: PAID KERRY CAMPAIGN WORKERS SLASHED TIRES Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
Drudge has an article on the arraignment of two paid Kerry campaign workers that slashed the tires of scores of GOP cars to be used to ferry voters who lack transportion to the polls. Now my question is this: Will the Corrupt Old Media call this what it is... an attempt at voter suppresion? Evil or Very Mad

No, they won't, because they don't see it as voter suppression, they see it as an attempt to win at all costs. If the Republicans had done it, however, then they would be screaming voter suppression.

MSM were hypocrits yesterday, they are hypocrits today, and I don't expect them to change their spots tomorrow. This being the great free country it is, about the best we can do is marginalize them by making sure the truth gets out in other ways, and once they have been marginalized, they will be irrelevent. Still infuriating, I'm sure, but irrelevent nonetheless.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing this story on election day, how tires were slashed on vehicles to take folks to the polls.

I am NOT surprised!! I hope they get a big fine or jail time, but it probably won't happen since they are Dems.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parents of these clowns were prominent local politicos of guess which party. Seems they figured this was acceptable behavior. Probably the fense would be 'free speech'.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on Yahoo;

Lawmaker's Son Charged in Tire-Slashing

Mon Jan 24, 8:55 PM ET U.S. National - AP

By GRETCHEN EHLKE, Associated Press Writer

MILWAUKEE - The sons of a first-term congresswoman and Milwaukee's former acting mayor were among five Democratic activists charged Monday with slashing the tires of vans rented by Republicans to drive voters and monitors to the polls on Election Day.

AP Photo

Sowande Omokunde, son of Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis., and Michael Pratt, the son of former Milwaukee acting mayor Marvin Pratt, were charged with criminal damage to property, a felony that carries a maximum punishment of 3 1/2 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

The activists — all employees of the John Kerry (news - web sites) campaign — are accused of flattening the tires on 25 vehicles rented by the state Republican Party to get out the vote and deliver poll watchers Nov. 2.

The GOP rented more than 100 vehicles that were parked in a lot adjacent to a Bush campaign office. The party planned to drive poll watchers to polling places by 7 a.m. and deliver any voters who didn't have a ride.

A criminal complaint said the defendants originally planned to put up Democratic yard signs, placards and bumper stickers at the Republican office in a scheme they called "Operation Elephant Takeover." But the plan was dropped when they learned a security guard was posted at the GOP office, the complaint said.

One witness told investigators the five defendants, dressed in "Mission Impossible" type gear, black outfits and knit caps, left the Democratic Party headquarters at about 3 a.m. on Nov. 2, and returned about 20 minutes later, extremely excited and talking about how they had slashed the tires.

Democratic Party of Wisconsin spokesman Seth Boffeli said the five were paid employees of Kerry's campaign, but were not acting on behalf of the campaign or party.

"This is not something we engage in, or encourage. We had to make it clear that this is something these individuals were doing on their own," Boffeli said.

Rick Wiley, state GOP executive director, discovered the vandalism on the morning of Election Day.

"It was unbelievable that people could stoop this low in a political campaign," he said. "I figured it had to be someone from the opposition. But I didn't think someone on the paid Kerry campaign would do this."

Wiley didn't say whether the vandalism prevented anyone from voting, but said poll watchers were about two hours late.

Moore attended the court appearance for her son, but declined to address the felony charge after the proceeding, saying only that she had to catch a plane. A message left on Marvin Pratt's cell phone was not immediately returned.

The judge denied a motion made by Omokunde's attorney, James Shellow, to dismiss the charges based on a flawed criminal complaint.

Also charged were Lewis Caldwell, Lavelle Mohammad, and Justin Howell.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to tire slashing the dems added non existing streets to Milwaukee. The GOP sent out 100s of mailings to new voters registered by democratic operatives that were returned marked by the US Postal Sservice no such address. The MSM is AWOL again in seeking out the; who, what, when and where details of these retuned mailings. I contend that WI went blue by the margin of fraud. So in my heart of hearts I know that I truly am in a red state.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: PAID KERRY CAMPAIGN WORKERS SLASHED TIRES Reply with quote

The "media" will call them freedom fighters in the same way some are now calling the terrorists freedom fighters.

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: