SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Request from CDR Kevin Mooney, C.O. USS San Francisco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: A Request from CDR Kevin Mooney, C.O. USS San Francisco Reply with quote

A Request from CDR Kevin Mooney
Something you can do to

Dear family and friends, Let me express my deep appreciation for the outpouring of support fromyou following the tragic grounding of USS SAN FRANCISCO. I cannot yet recount the details or explain my involvement because the investigation remains in progress. The news stories and recently released photos of the boat in drydock provide a basic description of what happened. The saddest part of this event was the loss of my shipmate, MM2(SS) Joseph Ashley. Thisweek, I had the pleasure of meeting his parents, who travelled to Guam courtesy of the Navy to meet his shipmates & friends. The Ashley's are wonderful people and their visit was memorable for all of us. Many of you have offered me help in dealing with this crisis, and I am most appreciative. In addition to your continued prayers, I do have aspecial request for some help from all of you:

(1) Please go to the attached website and send a note of condolence to MM2(SS) Ashley's family

http://www.legacy.com/ohio/Guestbook.asp?Page=Guestbook&PersonID=3034030

(2) Please send the attached link to other people, especially submariners, and ask them to do the same The Ashley family frequently checks this website, and they read and cherish every word. They are honored that it currently stands at 33 pages.After all of you leave messages and continue this string of support, I dare not guess how long it will be.

Thank you in advance for your support. Sincerely, CDR Kevin Mooney

If all of you will do as I did and post this to other forums of which you are a member, that guest book should become overwhelmed. Thanks in advance for your attention to this.

baldeagle

"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this baldeagle. We'll leave it on the masthead for a period of time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: