SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mexico threatens Arizona over anti- Illegals measure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Mexico threatens Arizona over anti- Illegals measure Reply with quote

From World Net Daily:

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42589

INVASION USA
Mexico threatens Arizona over anti-illegals measure
Official says challenge in international courts possible to block voter-passed Proposition 200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 28, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

A Mexican government official has threatened to use international courts to block an Arizona law meant to prohibit illegal aliens from receiving public benefits and voting rights.

Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez said in a radio interview Wednesday that an international strategy would be used if other attempts to reverse Proposition 200 fail, the Associated Press reported.

"We are seeking all the legal opportunities that exist, first using the legal capacities of the United States itself and ... if that does not work, bringing it to international tribunals," AP quotes Derbez as saying.

Mexican officials have repeatedly complained about Proposition 200, which went into effect Tuesday. The statewide measure denies most taxpayer benefits to illegal aliens and requires state workers to report applicants for such benefits who may not be eligible. It also requires anyone registering to vote in the state to show proof of citizenship and bring a government-issued ID to the polling place.

AP reported Derbez expressed regret that, according to polls, about 40 percent of Mexican-Americans in Arizona supported Prop. 200. The measure passed with 60 percent of the vote.

"It's sad, and it gives an idea of how we have to work to educate even our own Mexican-Americans about why it is important that these proposals are not accepted," Derbez said.

The Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund has challenged Prop. 200, saying it is "an illegal, impermissible, unconstitutional state attempt to regulate immigration policy, which is a fundamental function and responsibility of our federal government. Proposition 200 is mean-spirited and un-American."
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mexican politicians better be careful or we will just annex them as a new state and then fix their major problems.

For those who do not follow politics more then 50 percent of canadians and mexicans want their countries to become American States.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenXr, but do we really want Mexico or Canada as states?
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeFall wrote:
GenXr, but do we really want Mexico or Canada as states?

No, Send Mexico all the illegals and close the border. If they start sword rattling, screw'em. OK Senator McCain, tell us what you think.

Send all our Libs to Canada.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mexico needs to help solve the problem not create it with their encouragement of border jumping. Your either with us or against us on illegal immigration.

The one thing you don't want as a nation is to add another former Spanish Colony to the government dole. Puerto Rico and Guam are more than enough.

Let the Mexican Government waste their money and sue. We have ignored International Courts for years and not allowed them to determine our national security decisions.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Stevie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, those poor illegal babies! so now it's ILLEGAL to NOT SUPPORT them?

so, what's ILLEGAL mean ???? if they can be here ILLEGALLY, we can NOT support them.... ILLEGALLY! Shocked

I didn't vote for Mccain this last time.... times might be achang'n for him!

we're tired of all OUR tax dollars paying for them -

and we all need to write our senators (and Bush) and have them deduct any money spent on ILLEGALS from what we give to Mexico in aid.

matter of fact, we need to STOP giving so much aid to all these other countries. Time for them to grow up and take care of themselves! (Mexicao, FRance etc)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem....I don't live in Arizona, but if I DID live in Arizona, I would vote FOR Prop 2000.

MALDEF and LULAC get over yourselves, will you? Whose side are you on? Your organisations were founded to help Mexican AMERICANS like me to function in this system and to help us overcome discrimination, not to allow a bunch of illegals to cross the border and live off the American gravy train, while sending their dollars back home to Mexico to support their families.

Now, I was born in this country as were my mother and father. My dad served in WWII in the Rainbow Division. He was a cook/infantry man. My brother served in Nam and lost his life there. I've been paying taxes ever since I started working. I pledge allegiance to the flag like I mean it.

Now, I would like to know in what way I need educating in order to have the mindset that it's okay for people who were not born here, and entered this country illegally to use MY hard earned tax dollars so that they can have freebies handed to them on a silver platter?

And you wonder WHY Mexican Americans would vote against this measure? Can it be that we're tired of being thought of as wetbacks, even though we're not? And can it be that we're tired of being asked by Anglos if we know anybody that would work for them for cheap (in other words an illegal), because they assume we do, simply because we're Mexican American?

I hate to break it to you liberals out there, but you don't know us Hispanics like you *think* you do. Many of us resent the waves of illegals that come into this country with a "you owe me" attitude. In some instances, we have children entering our schools and our classrooms who live with a legal relative but have no legal right to be here. And we don't ask...it's not our job. Yet, they seem to think that we owe them school supplies, and get upset when we say we don't. This attitude even spreads to our native born children. Oh, and by the way, these illegal children say the pledge to our flag, too. Only *they* don't mean it.

So, sorry, Vicente Fox, we're not obligated to fix the problems that exist in your country. Mexico may be suffering extreme poverty, but if you watch enough telenovelas, you realise that there are people there who aren't exactly deprived. But I guess that's just the upper class folks. Solve your problems on your own, Vicente, and please don't dump them on us. We don't need them, we don't want them, and more and more of us are beginning to resent them.

Maria
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicely said Maria, would make a great letter-to-the-editor
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria, Said well like an American would. Part of my ancestory is Scots-Irish, but as they said I am neither Scot nor Irish, I am something else and that is a citizen of this country, that is all who came here and became American. God bless and thank your father for his service and we are thankful that such men as your brother were among us.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever go into politics Maria, you have my vote.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words. They came from my heart. I cannot tell you how our own children are being harmed by the influx of illegals coming into this country in the public school system. I think I will do some more research on this subject. If anyone knows any conservative hispanic columnists, please send me some links.

Maria
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda Chavez

http://www.lasculturas.com/lib/libChavezLinda.htm
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
Mexico needs to help solve the problem not create it with their encouragement of border jumping. Your either with us or against us on illegal immigration.

The one thing you don't want as a nation is to add another former Spanish Colony to the government dole. Puerto Rico and Guam are more than enough.

Let the Mexican Government waste their money and sue. We have ignored International Courts for years and not allowed them to determine our national security decisions.

Cool Cool Cool

With us or against us was my exact thinking about this when I had to vent reading the Washington Times article about our border agents being fired at over the border.

Snipers target border agents
By Jerry Seper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
From the Nation/Politics section
http://insider.washingtontimes.com/articles/normal.php?StoryID=20050203-125017-1369r

I imagine I am not alone in the utter dismay of the happenings south of our border. I have to wonder why some many sit by watch and do nothing, or is this all part of a plan?

Bad enough we have the highly visiable ( HARD TO MISS PROBLEM ) of Banditos shooting it out with automatic weapons down out highway outside of neighboring towns the very roads our childrens school buses are traveling along (outside Chandler past summer.)

We have vans and trucks of of smugglers attempting to avoid capture, rushing aside the highway to jump out and into the neighboring yards (Mesa / Gilbert.)

We have had our National security issue warnings against travel to areas of Mexico due to kidnappings and killings.

Now, the ultimate disgrace by a lacsidasical third world mentality Mexican government that is allowing THEIR third world TERRORISTS to take free riegn and sniper shots at our Border patrol agents.

Disgraceful.

This has to be addressed and immediately. We have to hold Vincenzo Fox responsible for his Borders his people that have taken up terrorisim and he needs to send Mexican authorities to police and patrol them. It his his country's problem, his countrymen are the prepetrators. His killing fields.

I have seen in traffic court for traffic violations such as driving un-registered, or un-insured vehicles dozens of Mexicans of questionable illegal status, one, after the other, approach the bench and simply state "It was not my vehicle" and walk away no fine no further questions.

I for one will boycott anyone, corporation, business entity, Walmart(especially) argicutural business which hires, offers, and employs illegal or questionable immigrants. As with the street corners these people are here and buck our laws and our system of government. How can anyone make the arguement they want something better for these people with this mindset. I realize there are exceptions but these are not them or they would be playing by the books we have in place.

Can we not start photographing these (workers??) and the vehicles that pick them up, out on the corners within blocks of our neighborhoods and all the neighboring schools seen openly . Why becasue local athorities do not have any rights to pick them up as it is a federal policing issue. I can't recall the last time I saw a border patrol agency vehicle driving in my neighborhood. So these aliens are escentially thumbing their nose at local authorities.

I cannot go about my daily activity any longer as my daily activity at any moment can easily be interrupted with the next shoot-out.

I heard of the volunteers heading down to the border, but you know what? We need to head to our local Senator McCan't do and have him state to us when and what he is doing to bring this to a halt. We need to get the numbers and names of the local resturanters, agricultrual, homebuilders, industrial contractors, apartment maintence, any and all who are the invitees that create this threat to us. We need to hit where it hurts the Politicians and the exploiters.

A recent bleeding-heart story from Fox news about the young girl in Florida or some such state, who is in highschool, was helping a neighbor by acting as her interpreter at an immigration interview. She was questioned about her status. The story was how she had attended schools and about to graduate but now was facing deportaion as her family brought her here illegaly when she was a toddler.

Shouldn't the story have been more along these lines. One, why isn't her family also being deported? Two, how is it she was attending schools all those years as many such bleeding heart stories run. What are these schools using for documentation of these children?? Are the local authorities working in conjunction with illegal employers?

We need to make the rest of the countries bleeding hearts the very people that say anywhere but my back yard, realize this isn't fine, and the land of the free for all, when we are threatened in our own neighborhoods.

We have no system in place that is addressing the southern border in anyway effectively. We need to hold the responsible parties accountable and demand they take actions.

Or, if we start firing back over the border, we will end up in an all out war and I think that will be on spilt blood on too many hands. And then we will be further expected to make concessions to the Mexican government. Or is that is the plan??

Talk about Afghanistan and drugs. Columbia and drugs. Where is the outrage about Mexico and drugs. Does everyone forget we have had agents executed by these third world thugs getting free reign by a thrid world mentality government.

We are supposed to be leading the world into a new Democratic era, doesn't it start at our Front and back doors. In the words of our recently re-elected leader, who I voted for. You are either with us bordering states or against us, Mr. President, Mr. McCain &c.

Patricia de Haerne
Mesa, AZ

I have a few of the nicest people as a few of our neighbors of Mexican heritage this is nothing against people, its against the lack of accountable leadership on both sides of this escalating issue and danger. It makes me feel bad when I grit my teeth because of this problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: