SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DRUDGE Radio > Audio of Terri & her father Friday !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: DRUDGE Radio > Audio of Terri & her father Friday ! Reply with quote

Breaking news http://www.drudgereport.com/

DRUDGE RADIO to present audio of Terri Schiavo responding to her father on Friday immediately following the removal of her feeding tube....
Check local listings... Drudge Report ^ | March 20, 2005

DRUDGE RADIO LIVE SUNDAY NIGHT 10 PM ET TO 1 AM... HEARD IN ALL 50 STATES...
link to broadcast http://cc.liquidviewer.com/abcradio/radioplayer.php?UID=1

breaking news, and we kinda could use a new Terri thread

Last edited by kate on Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family Research Council
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=NW05C05&f=AL05C03&t=e
has the audio up..in an mp3
http://www.frc.org/DL/20-MAR-05__EF05C38_000BD201-4461-123E-84811014AC14F856.mp3

Drudge will propably have it up later

Was hard to listen to. Everytime her dad talks, Terri tries hard to respond.

When he asked her to say 'Hi" sounded like she tried reallly hard to say that word.

She did respond to him being with her, highly excited state initially, then seemed calmer the longer he was there.

Lots of coos and moans, however they seemed to be in response to her father's questions, rather than just random.
MHO Terri was struggling to reply to her Dad, get words out..that she couldn't. If only she'd had speech therapy years ago Crying or Very sad
Aldous
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
Family Research Council
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=NW05C05&f=AL05C03&t=e
has the audio up..in an mp3
http://www.frc.org/DL/20-MAR-05__EF05C38_000BD201-4461-123E-84811014AC14F856.mp3

Drudge will propably have it up later

Was hard to listen to. Everytime her dad talks, Terri tries hard to respond.

When he asked her to say 'Hi" sounded like she tried reallly hard to say that word.

She did respond to him being with her, highly excited state initially, then seemed calmer the longer he was there.

Lots of coos and moans, however they seemed to be in response to her father's questions, rather than just random.
MHO Terri was struggling to reply to her Dad, get words out..that she couldn't. If only she'd had speech therapy years ago Crying or Very sad

Why didn't she get Speech Theraphy anyway? Considering how much money those damned Liberals throw to HealthCare, she should have gotten it!!!

Anyway, I am glad she is lucid though incapable of speech. Perhaps she could write down her wishes now on a piece of paper and tell those Judges to f---- off. Are her parents taking donations? I would like to contribute some money. I am also glad that the Christian Evangelicals are paying for her care since those Democrats just cut the Budget for HeathCare!!! Have you seen the just proposed Budget? Cuts in Welfare and College Loans, those Liberal Bastards!!!! How will Terri live without them?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldous, everything you need to learn about Terri Schiavo may be found at http://terrisfight.org

As for her care, ask her husband in name only what happened to the 1.3 million dollars he was awarded for her care, since he cut off all care almost immediately after it was awarded. He also needs to answer why he ordered all therapy and treatment of her to stop.

Her parents have agreed to take care of her, as any loving parent would.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Aldous, everything you need to learn about Terri Schiavo may be found at http://terrisfight.org

As for her care, ask her husband in name only what happened to the 1.3 million dollars he was awarded for her care, since he cut off all care almost immediately after it was awarded. He also needs to answer why he ordered all therapy and treatment of her to stop.

Her parents have agreed to take care of her, as any loving parent would.

Well said Lew,

I would like to add that when a man marries a woman he takes a vow to serve in sickness and health.

This guy not only cut and ran with money, but broke a vow given before god and is now trying to kill her. He is since remarried with a new batch of kids. Sick man to break his vow before god and not let her truly loving and caring parents tend to her.

One more thing.

People need to learn that to love someone is to serve them. It is not a gushy feeling inside you, but rather a sacrifice you give to someone you care for.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenXr, he has not officially remarried, yet. I'm not up on Florida's common law, but I do believe he has been with her long enough to be considered common law marriage.

Anyways, his vows also said to "forsake all others." Obviously he hasn't achieved that Wink

If the Feds get a stay and she gets some reliable therapy, I hope they initiate a criminal investigation into this case. I've never seen one with so many red flags flying all about it.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
GenXr, he has not officially remarried, yet. I'm not up on Florida's common law, but I do believe he has been with her long enough to be considered common law marriage.

Anyways, his vows also said to "forsake all others." Obviously he hasn't achieved that Wink

If the Feds get a stay and she gets some reliable therapy, I hope they initiate a criminal investigation into this case. I've never seen one with so many red flags flying all about it.

I think your right Lew. This case does have many red flags and I hope they bear out and see the light of day as well as Terri actually getting some rehabilitation.

I listened to that audio recording and my lord she is responding. Her voice makes the heart sink to think of her situation.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:
As for her care, ask her husband in name only what happened
to the 1.3 million dollars he was awarded for her care, since he cut off
all care almost immediately after it was awarded. He also needs to
answer why he ordered all therapy and treatment of her to stop.

He might have some 'splainin' to do. Questions will be asked!!
Quote:
The bill, which is narrowly written to apply only to Schiavo,
would give a federal district court in Florida the power to review all
aspects of her case.

Frist said that review would include fresh examination of her medical condition,
the possibility of her being rehabilitated, and the statement her husband
said she made communicating a desire not to be kept alive on a feeding tube.

Anybody know which Federal Court and who's the judge??

Feeding Tube Case Heads to US Court
Congress votes to let judge decide; Bush endorses bill

Story at:
Shiavo Case TO U.S. Court
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Aldous
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note - Edited post - Troll quota exceeded.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get that link to the audio to work - anyone else having this problem? There are a few folks I would love to send it to.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050321/ap_on_re_eu/vatican_brain_damaged_woman_1

Vatican Calls for Keeping Schiavo Alive

1 hour, 43 minutes ago Europe - AP

Quote:

By ALESSANDRA RIZZO, Associated Press Writer

VATICAN CITY - The Vatican (news - web sites) newspaper on Monday criticized the removal of a feeding tube from a brain-damaged Florida woman, saying nobody can claim the right to decide whether a human being lives or dies.

"Who can, before God and humanity, pretend with impunity to claim such a right?" L'Osservatore Romano said. "Who — and on the basis of which criteria — can establish to whom the 'privilege' to live should be given?"

The remarks from the Vatican paper, which reflected earlier comments from several Vatican prelates, came after the U.S. Congress passed a law in an emergency session giving Terri Schiavo's parents the right to file suit in federal court over the withdrawal of nourishment and medical treatment needed to sustain their daughter. President Bush (news - web sites) has signed the bill.

"Who can judge the dignity and sacredness of the life of a human being, made in the image and likeness of God? Who can decide to pull the plug as if we were talking about a broken or out of order household appliance?" the paper said.

"In a Miami hospital there's a woman who is about to die from hunger and thirst. There is the slow dying of a person — not a 'vegetable' — which an impotent world is witnessing through TV and newspapers."

The 41-year-old woman's feeding tube was removed Friday on a Florida judge's order. Schiavo could linger for one or two weeks if the tube is not reinserted — as has happened twice before, once on a judge's order and once after Gov. Jeb Bush signed "Terri's Law," which was later declared unconstitutional.

The paper said that the case "is shaking America" but added that "in the ongoing debate, the lowest-level political controversy and the subtle game of legal tricks often end up prevailing."

Schiavo suffered severe brain damage 15 years ago. Her husband says Schiavo told him she would not want to be kept alive in a vegetative state. Her parents say she needs treatment and another opportunity for life.

"Terri's long, heartbreaking agony today is the agony of the meaning of God, the lord and creator of life," the paper concluded. "It is the agony of the love that can bend over the frail and needy. It is the agony of mankind."

Earlier this month, the Vatican's point man on bioethical issues, Monsignor Elio Sgreccia, said removing Schiavo's breathing tube would be a direct act of euthanasia and "a pitiless way to kill."
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from Drudge:

Very Happy
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3sb.htm
Quote:
President Bush was asleep, came out in hallway, signed Schiavo bill and went back to bed
Mon Mar 21 2005 13:03:56 ET

Q Can you go over what went on last night, in terms of the President signing the bill and how it went down?

MR. McCLELLAN, WHITE HOUSE: Sure. I guess the bill -- the House passed it shortly after midnight, and then the President signed it at 1:11 a.m., in the morning. The Staff Secretary, Brett Kavanaugh, walked the legislation over to the residence for the President to sign. He came outside his bedroom and signed it in the residence.

Q Had he been asleep?

MR. McCLELLAN: Yes, he was woken up after it was passed, when it was ready to be signed.

Q I heard you describe it earlier, he came out of his bedroom and literally signed it standing up in the hall; is that how it went/

MR. McCLELLAN: That's correct, yes. He was just standing in the hall in the residence an signed the legislation then.

Q Was he wearing --

Q Is it safe to assume he wasn't wearing a suit and tie at the time? (Laughter.)

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm not going into that much detail. Yes, he cleaned up, put on his suit -- (laughter.)

END
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf, Scott McClellan just didn't want to come right out and say that the President has joined ranks with the pajama-clad bloggers. Wink
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can't get that link to the audio to work - anyone else having this problem? There are a few folks I would love to send it to.
demand certainly crashed their site last night, especially after Drudge posted a link to it.

Notice up today at Family Research Council
http://www.frc.org/
Quote:
Thank you for visiting FRC's website.

Due to tremendous web traffic, we've posted this temporary page to better serve our visitors today.

Click here to listen to a recording of Terri Schiavo responding to her father last Friday, March 18.
http://www.frc.org/FILE/NW05C05.html
have to give them an email address, then a link pops to the audio page. Downloaded & saved it with no problem Direct link to the audio itself doesn't work.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Hannity played the clip on his program this afternoon, for Dr. Hammesfahr. The doctor hadn't heard it yet.

According to Dr. Hammesfahr, Terri never makes those sounds unless someone is trying to communicate with her and she is trying desparately to respond.

As a side note, I emailed my Senator this evening, Maria Cantwell, D> Washington, proposing she and others in Congress give the Dr. a chance to rehabitate Terri enough so the courts could determine what her wish is, not what the law interprets as her wishes as based on her husbands hearsay testimony. I proposed six months, as a start.

He examined Terri at length and tonight, on Hannity and Colmes, said he will be releasing videos of patients much worse off than Terri who have been rehabilitated with his practice.

I hope something is done soon before her time runs out and that sorry SOB she married walks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: