SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Nam vets, Kerry and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: 'Nam vets, Kerry and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) Reply with quote

Interesting news item from Yale:

Some Vets Better After 9/11

After the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, veterans with pre-existing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) showed fewer symptoms - including nightmares, reactions to loud noises and numbness of feelings - then veterans admitted to clinics and hospitals in the previous six months and in previous years, according to a Yale study [published in Psychiatric Services] ... althought they were far from cured, these patients "seem to have benefited from the increased sense of community, patriotism and pride across the country."

My observations are:

1. Vietnam vets would likely not have suffered as much from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) to begin with had the country in the late 1960's and early 1970's provided them with an "increased sense of community, patriotism and pride", and:
2. All vets should ask exactly who was behind the hellish environment they found when they did return from Vietnam. I'll provide most of the answer: the flower power children (today's Left), the VVAW, and John Kerry and Hanoi Jane.

FDL
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dix lover, i could kiss you.

thanks. I've been waiting for some kind of documentable and statistical trend showing just this sort of hting.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indianbaboon wrote:
dix lover, i could kiss you.

thanks. I've been waiting for some kind of documentable and statistical trend showing just this sort of hting.

This Yale study reflects one aspect of what I mean when I say Kerry and the VVAW mindf*cked Vietnam vets by deliberately destroying for personal gain any "sense of community, patriotism and pride across the country."

FDL
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most definitely...I"m tired of people telling me that protestors didn't have this effect...we all know they screwed you guys. Shoot, anti-war protestors have a noticeable effect on the morale and spirits of ROTC kids in college; one can only wonder how much more deeply it affected vietnam vets.

that and i'm a future psychiatrist, so this stuff always interests me Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: