SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it time for a "Million Veterans March"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USS Endicott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea! Is it ok for a non-veteran, America loving, daughter of a vet to join in?

I especially like the idea of troop/veteran support rallies in several cities on November 11th. If there are rallies in as many American cities and towns as possible, I believe that the turnout would be even greater than a march on DC would be. I do not make a lot of money, so a trip to DC may be too expensive for me and I am sure there are many other supporters out here who may have trouble making it to DC, who would be willing to march in their own state and/or city. The march in DC on July 4th, 2006 would then be the ultimate and most visual march.

I am not a very organized or creative person, but I would be willing to assist in whatever way possible (ie getting the word out via flyers or e-mail, helping to set up booths or just being a gopher). I hope you all are able to get this thing rolling Smile
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COUNT ME IN for sure. I will never forget how it feels to be fighting in Viet Nam while those few of our supposed countrymen cavorted with our enemies. It doesn't feel good. I'll be damned if I'll sit idly by while these same traitors spew forth their trash again. They will not go unchallenged. Worked with Operation Street Corner against sKerry and will again answer the call to bring forth the truth.

William B. Page
www.thebattleofkontum.com
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USS Endicott wrote:
What a great idea! Is it ok for a non-veteran, America loving, daughter of a vet to join in?

It's way more than just "ok"! I guess our thinking for now is that the most visible leaders of whatever we end up doing should be vets to answer any question of whether we understand what war's really like and what we're asking of the younger crowd when we say we want to see the job finished in the Mideast, but when it comes to showing support for our troops there's no such thing as too much help. We're still in the "brainstorming" stage but we'll definitely keep the members of this forum up to date and may even ask for some advice after we figure out more about what we need to ask.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still very much in "still getting organized" state, but we do have and agreed-to Organization name and Mission Statement that I should be kicked for not having posted earlier:

Mission Statement for “Veterans Support Our Troops”

Our mission is three-fold:

1) To organize and participate in one or more highly visible and well publicized shows of support for our military personnel and their mission by current and future veterans.

2) To educate the American public to the fact that it is not possible to truly “support our troops” without also supporting their mission.

3) To communicate to our deployed troops that we, and the great majority of Americans, solidly support their efforts.

We're close to having a web site and blog fit for public consumption --- I'll post the addresses here when they are, and try to do a better job of keeping this thread up to date.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.packers.com/lambeau_field_atrium/gatherings/

Perhaps I should check if Lambea Field would be available.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:

Thank you. That's just the attitude we hope for from as many people as we can reach.

As I said, we're still pretty much in the brainstorming stage -- Don't even have a web site fit for viewing yet (I'm the webmaster but I'm not real good at it). One thing we know we'd like to see is for as many people as we can get aboard to try to organize Veterans Day gatherings by as many people as they can get to show up -- from 3 old men on the courthouse square to a stadium full of people, to show their support for our current batch of warriors and for finishing the job they've started. Our hope is to see a lot of gatherings of that sort, any time someone gets the urge and can arrange one, culminating in a big enough rally in D.C. next summer that the MSM has to cover it and the Lefties in Congress can't pretend they didn't know about it. The Fonda/Kerry crowd did that to my generation while we were busy winning a war; now it's payback time, time to see that it doesn't happen again.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Faith wrote:
coldwarvet wrote:

Thank you. That's just the attitude we hope for from as many people as we can reach.

As I said, we're still pretty much in the brainstorming stage -- Don't even have a web site fit for viewing yet (I'm the webmaster but I'm not real good at it). One thing we know we'd like to see is for as many people as we can get aboard to try to organize Veterans Day gatherings by as many people as they can get to show up -- from 3 old men on the courthouse square to a stadium full of people, to show their support for our current batch of warriors and for finishing the job they've started. Our hope is to see a lot of gatherings of that sort, any time someone gets the urge and can arrange one, culminating in a big enough rally in D.C. next summer that the MSM has to cover it and the Lefties in Congress can't pretend they didn't know about it. The Fonda/Kerry crowd did that to my generation while we were busy winning a war; now it's payback time, time to see that it doesn't happen again.

Brother bill you do not need to be a webmaster. Just put out the call to our brothers & sisters and one of them will come forward to help you out.

CWV

Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:

Brother bill you do not need to be a webmaster. Just put out the call to our brothers & sisters and one of them will come forward to help you out.

CWV
Thanks, but it make me feel useful, even if I'm not very good at it. I'm retired, living on a VA disability pension (not service connected but they're keeping me alive anyway) and projects like this are all that keep me from crawling into a bottle or something worse. Actually, I think the worst part of the job is behind me; I have our blog just about ready for public consumption -- I'll post the address here in the next couple of days, I hope -- and can count on other members of the team to help see there's something new on it at reasonable intervals. Maybe with some luck we can even get you and some of the others here to send us appropriate things to post on it also.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
local demonstrations of support should be practical by that time frame.

That is the way to go at least for this year. We can contact local talk radio types to promote it and all, and get it moving this year. A lot of people will join in. I know a couple of WW2 vets who were highly pissed at 9/11 and wanted to enlist so they could go kick some butt. The same people who were pissed at Fonda and Kerry in the 70s.

I was just trying to think of how much of my crap I'd have to sell on E-Bay to fund a trip to Washington. I defintely need more stuff. Laughing
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotsa_Static wrote:
Quote:
local demonstrations of support should be practical by that time frame.

That is the way to go at least for this year. We can contact local talk radio types to promote it and all, and get it moving this year. A lot of people will join in. I know a couple of WW2 vets who were highly pissed at 9/11 and wanted to enlist so they could go kick some butt. The same people who were pissed at Fonda and Kerry in the 70s.

I was just trying to think of how much of my crap I'd have to sell on E-Bay to fund a trip to Washington. I defintely need more stuff. :lol:

Thanks for your support. One of our big hopes is that we can get some people from here, and possibly some of the Free Republic people, interested enough to help us spread the word and make some good things happen. As I see it, the Swift Vets and POWs, Carlton Sherwood, and the Freepers made enough difference to swing an election the right way and change the course of history. Iraq is NOT another Viet Nam but if the Lefties have their way it will turn out the same and we can't let that happen.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I'm in. If any other vets in the San Diego area are interested in helping out, please send me a private message and let's talk.

A few friends at my office plan to participate if we get this off the ground.

I think we can count on two local talk shows to help spread the word. This city is that bright red spot you saw in California on election day. We're not all nuts.
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotsa_Static wrote:
Bill,

I'm in. If any other vets in the San Diego area are interested in helping out, please send me a private message and let's talk.

A few friends at my office plan to participate if we get this off the ground.

I think we can count on two local talk shows to help spread the word. This city is that bright red spot you saw in California on election day. We're not all nuts.

Thank you. Welcome aboard.

I need to take a handful of headache medicine and go look at something other than a computer screen while I wait for them to take effect, then I'll do one final tweak on our blog and come back here to post the address. The blog only has one post on it right now but that one's pretty good (built around a Russ Vaughn poem that fits right in with our thinking) and I hope at least a few of you will want to keep an eye on the blog for news as time goes on. I'll also start a new thread on this forum (We've rejected the name "Million Veterans March") and we'll try to keep it as up to date as we can.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
Bill Faith
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started a new "Veteran Salute Our Troops -- And Their Mission" thread to replace/continue this one at http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20424. We'd still love to see about 5 million vets show up in Washington next summer to help us make our point, but the name "Million Veterans March" is out. There's a link to our new team blog on the new thread.
USAF 1970-1974
Viet Nam 1971-1972
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Faith wrote:
... the name "Million Veterans March" is out.

GOOD idea. Wink
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

Perhaps “Operation Hometown Support” will give us the infrastructure for the “Million Veteran March”. At Operation Hometown Support” we could pass out flyers inviting Veterans to D.C. on Veterans Day 2006 in demonstration of our support. Those who can’t make it to D.C. can still show their support by attending their local venue.

CWV

Click on link to volunteer to be point person of your Zip Code.

Last edited by coldwarvet on Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: