SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cindy's Ultimate Rejection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Cindy's Ultimate Rejection Reply with quote

What must be weighing most on Cindy Sheehan's mind, causing her tremendous pain and fueling her hatred for the President, is that she must feel her son rejected her. By her own account, she went to great lengths to keep him from doing his duty, to include offering to pay for him to go to Cananda. In her mind she must believe that her son chose President Bush over her. He most certainly was more mature and broader minded than that and made his decision based on deeper convictions of duty, sacrifice, loyalty and responsibility to his country and fellow soldiers. But in his mother's mind.....he chose the President over her. That has to bring the ultimate sense of rejection. Not seeing her son for who he really was and what he really did must be bringing her a special torment.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She even offered to run him over with her car Shocked , nice Mom, huh?

She also never mentions he was in a non-combat role as a HumVee Mechanic, but volunteered to go on a rescue mission to save others. She doesn't even realize what a fine person she helped raised, maybe never will.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think homesteader is probably real close to the truth on what is motivating Cindy Sheehan. But Cindy's not really the problem. If she were miraculously to "see the light" today, and recant, the media wouldn't cover it. They'd just find some other whacko to fill the role, or manufacture one.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homesteader is pretty close to hitting it, butt to throw gas on the fire, her hubby dumps her. Now she can blame her whole life on Bush. Crying or Very sad
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Casey had been a victim of an overprotective mother, who on his 18th birthday decided for the first time to do something for himself...............
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
Sounds like Casey had been a victim of an overprotective mother, who on his 18th birthday decided for the first time to do something for himself...............

I do not think we can speak of Casey's actions or put words into his mouth and that should be laid to rest. This person died for his Country, Casey Sheehan does not speak to tell us his reasons, only his actions and that is what why we should be Honoring him.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall a TV movie with Carol Burnett called "Friendly Fire". It seems
the Carol's character had a son killed in Viet Nam by friendly fire and
spent the whole show generally going berserk. No one would tell her
"the truth". It turned out that the kid's CO was wounded and in a
hospital and was unavailable for comment or comforting grieving moms.
Turned out that artillery was doing indirect fire over a ridge. The
altitude of the ridge was known and taken into account. The problem
was that nobody figured for the trees on top of the ridge and that
caused the death of her son. I'm still scratching my head trying to
figure out what the woman wanted done. It was largely incoherent.

It just reminded me of Cindy.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read an article linked on www.boortz.com where CS told a SeeBS reporter the people killing our soldiers are "freedom fighters". Of course, SeeBS suppressed this tidbit 'cause it blow the lid of this nutcase. If CS was logical at all, and belived her own BS, she would be happy her imperialist warmonger son Casey was killed by 21st Century Minuteman.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm still scratching my head trying to
figure out what the woman wanted done. It was largely incoherent.

Basically, the movie was about how she did not accept the official report of his death and spent months researching and being a general nuisance until she discovered her son was killed by Friendly Fire. Once she found this out, she fully embraced the anti-war movement. Supposedly based on a true story, but I imagine dramatized.

When I watched this with Carol Burnett in it, I lost respect for her. Until then, she was one of my favorites.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point vetsdaughter. All these contradictions, inconsistancies and paradoxes, fueled by raw hatred, have turned her brains to mush. Speak Cindy Speak!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a classic, Freudian defensive mechanism and Michael Reagan explains it well:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=19267

Quote:

Who Does Cindy Sheehan Hate?
By Michael Reagan
FrontPageMagazine.com | August 26, 2005

Sigmund Freud had a concept he called “projection, which has been defined as a defense where the ego deals with unacceptable impulses and/or terrifying anxieties by attributing them to someone in the external world.

In many ways I think that explains the behavior of the media’s current patron saint, Cindy Sheehan, whose hate rhetoric aimed at President Bush is really meant for someone else who she can’t admit even to herself is her real target. To do so would represent one of those “unacceptable impulses” Dr. Freud was talking about.

In this case it could well be that Cindy Sheehan is projecting her rage at George Bush when the one she really despises is her late son Casey, who died as a hero in Iraq, precisely because he did die a hero in Iraq.

The more I listen to Cindy Sheehan and consider her past actions and her past words, it occurs to me she has always been a liberal, she’s always been anti-military, and she’s always been anti-Republican. It appears that she raised Casey in such an environment, yet despite that what does he do? He not only joins the military engaged in a war she bitterly opposes, but to add insult to injury when his enlistment runs out, he re-enlists although he knew that by so doing it meant he would be sent to Iraq where a war his mother despises is being fought.

Think about that. What Casey did was to reject not by words but by deeds his mother’s most closely-held beliefs.

Then, to make matter worse in her eyes, this son volunteers to go on a dangerous mission even his superiors warned him against, and dies as a result. Casey Sheehan's sergeant asked for volunteers. Sheehan had just returned from Mass. After Sheehan volunteered once, the sergeant asked Sheehan again if he wanted to go on the mission. According to many reports (and according to his own mother) Casey responded, "Where my chief goes, I go."

He went, and it cost him his life. You can almost hear her saying to his spirit, “How dare you spurn me and turn your back on me? How dare you go join the military, and then how dare you volunteer to fight against the innocent Iraqi freedom fighters and get yourself killed?”

Casey Sheehan’s heroic action has embittered Cindy Sheehan. And her actions have embittered her family who bitterly resent her exploitation of her son’s heroic death in behalf of her political extremism. Here’s what they wrote to Matt Drudge:

“The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the expense of her son’s good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our president, silently, with prayer and respect.”

Cindy Sheehan says she wants to ask the president, “Why did you kill my son?” She knows that George Bush did not kill her son. The butchers she supports with her far-out liberal activism killed Casey Sheehan and that activism is now resulting in the deaths of other young Americans because she is giving aid and comfort to our enemies and encouraging them to persist in their terrorism, giving them hope that if her views prevail the U.S. will lose its will and pull out. And so the fight goes on, and more Casey Sheehans die as a result.

And she says of her son, "He died for oil. He died to make your friends," Bush’s friends, "richer. He died to expand American imperialism in the Middle East."

How dare he?

Cindy Sheehan doesn’t need to talk to the president. A talk with a therapist would be more appropriate.

-Wlm Shakespeare
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet if she read reagans story, she'd fly off the deep end. Make sure there aren't any pointed objects around when she does! Rolling Eyes
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly,

Thanks for posting M Reagan's piece. That so much more eloquently details what I was trying to say at the beginning of this thread.

The quiet dignity of the "rest of the Sheehan family" as portrayed in their statement to Matt Drudge is amplified even louder by their restraint and silence since.......... (except for Mr. Sheehan filing for divorce).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: