SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My First Post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traildust
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: My First Post Reply with quote

This is my first post here and I would like to start with a quote from Samuel Adams which I find very pertinent to the current situation.
Quote:
The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.

Swift Boat Vets I salute you! Sierra Hotel!
Traildust
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently reading the federalist for the second time and will probably take me 40 readings till I can absorb and connect with the brilliant founding fathers of this country, but until then its great to see someone quote one of the children of our great founding fathers! Sad though that few people in the world are willing to spend the time to understand that which was said and created the greatest most compassionate country the human race has ever known. America has always had the ability to wipe out every country on the face of the earth but has instead chose to care for all countries of good intent. Let us hope we continue to elect people of good will!
Traildust
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Samuel Adams and John Adams were cousins. John Adams became the 2nd. President of the USA. Samuel signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776. Samuel was a Tax Collector at one time. Confused John Adams was President from 1797 - 1801. His son John Quincy Adams was President from 1825 - 1829. I actually believe that the founding fathers were driven by Divine Providence.
Traildust
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read up bro...I am the last person you want to debate! blah blah yada yada learn the founding fathers kid! If you want to debate lets do it!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No duels allowed here - even by descendants of Alexander Hamilton. Very Happy

Echo Juliet
(1st cousin eight times removed from Thomas Paine - the real one, not the troll of that name who posted earlier. Wink )

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Traildust
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please inform me. Very Happy
Traildust
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to have a pissing match about this countries Providence I am more then willing! Lets do it in full view of all peeps!
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry navynavy,
But I am looking for a debate and I will admit throwing bait...grrr but damn No doubt we have to take a long hard tough look at ourselves and debate the issues and not the we be me way of the 70's but rather the we love the US now way!

Last edited by GenrXr on Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a message? Spit it out. Wink

Probably belongs in the off-topic section - Geedunk and Scuttlebutt - so I'll move the topic over there.

But, I'm telling ya... NO DUELS in the Geedunk either. It's hard to wash blood out of these dang humonguos swabs. Smile
Traildust
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr,
Being a recruit here I don't want to get in a pissing battle with anyone. Please forgive me but that's the way I've always thought of the Adams. I did not intend to piss you off. I have tried to read the Federalist Papers but seem to get lost after about two hours. Confused I will keep trying. I am with you and all others here, I love this country and have gone in harms way and will do it again and again to the end.
Traildust
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: