SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

60 MINUTES: JANE FONDA REGRETS VIETNAM WAR ANTI-AIRCRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: 60 MINUTES: JANE FONDA REGRETS VIETNAM WAR ANTI-AIRCRAFT Reply with quote

JANE FONDA REGRETS THE "BETRAYAL" HER PHOTO ON A NORTH VIETNAMESE ANTI-AIRCRAFT GUN SYMBOLIZED - "60 MINUTES" SUNDAY Κ

Iconic Actress Wasn't "Forced" by Husband Roger Vadim Into Three-Way Sex, But Says "I Went Along With it" in Her First Interview About Her Upcoming Autobiography Κ

ΚΚΚΚΚΚΚΚΚΚΚ Jane Fonda has no regrets about her trip to North Vietnam in 1972 - with one big exception: her visit to a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun site used to shoot down U.S. pilots.Κ She says her appearance there, which earned her the epithet "Hanoi Jane," was a "betrayal" of the U.S. military, its soldiers and "the country that gave me privilege."Κ She regards the event as one of the biggest mistakes of her life. Fonda speaks to Lesley Stahl in her first interview about her upcoming autobiography, Jane Fonda: My Life So Far, for a 60 MINUTES report to be broadcast Sunday, April 3 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Κ

The rest of it here
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing she regrets was that the publicity she got from her gun photo didn't work out as she had planned.
Once a traitor, always a traitor.
I hope she rots in the darkest depths of Hell.
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More drivel and useless rhetoric from someone who should have been tried for treason many years ago.

If she were ablaze I wouldn't relieve myself on her to put out the fire.

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
U.S. Army Rangers Lead the Way!
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry HJ, that will not get my foriveness
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane Fonda is still honored among us. I was at the Leatherneck Club in Las Vegas her sticker is proudly displayed in each urnial.

My favorite bumper sticker

Vietnam Vets are NOT
Fonda Jane.

She's been off my Xmas card list since 1968.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The traitorous slut gave a half-a##ed apology once before. That time they were attempting to film a movie on location in New England, but filming was being interrupted by demonstrating vets. This time, she has a book due to hit the bookstores in a few days.

Quote:
Jane arranged to be interviewed by Barbara Walters on June 17, 1988 on 20/20. The fact that Barbara Walters was married to Merv Adelson, CEO of Lorimar Telepictures, the company that marketed Jane's workout tapes had nothing to do with the selection of Walters said Fonda's publicist Steve Rivers.16 years after her Hanoi tour, Jane Fonda appeared on 20/20 and was interviewed by Barbara Walters.

I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam Veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did," Fonda said. "I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and

I'm . . . very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families." Behind the scenes, Jane was filming "Stanley and Iris" on location in a number of New England towns. The production efforts on the movie were being severely disrupted by protesting Vietnam veterans and thus causing serious problems in the making of the film.

By the timing of the apology and by the primary reference to the New England Veterans, was this a truly heart-felt apology or just another acting scene from the film to help the production efforts
You be the Judge ?

http://mugsplace.net/images5/submarines/usnavy-hjc05.html
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jane Fonda has no regrets about her trip to North Vietnam in 1972 - with one big exception:

She regrets sitting at an enemy anti-aircraft gun and that's all? I guess calling returning POWs liars and hypocrites still makes her puff out with pride?

Like I said elsewhere, my bumper sticker remains;

I'LL FORGIVE JANE FONDA
WHEN THE JEWS FORGIVE HITLER

Chief RZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: brainwashed and drugged Reply with quote

To be kind, Tom chemically kidnapped her mind and body. She may have turned out to be a reasonable person, but, she did not.
By now, she has had time to dry out and re-evaluate her actions and learn a bit about our history and the role our Military has in our survival.
She could donate all her profits to the Vietnam Veterans she disrespected and our Country she betrayed.
Chief RZ - Air Force 1969--
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jane Fonda wants forgiveness, she can go to a priest. If she just wants to sleep better at night, she can take a Valium.
In either case she will get the same consideration from me that she gave all Viet Nam vets when she gave aid and comfort to the enemy.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her father even hated her for what she did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: