SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WaPo:Demos Fear Backlash at Polls for Antiwar Remarks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: WaPo:Demos Fear Backlash at Polls for Antiwar Remarks Reply with quote

The Murtha/Pelosi ploy and the strong GOP tactical response continue to reverberate in Democratic leadership circles. Now Rahm Emmanuel (Clinton surrogate) and even Pelosi's 2nd Lt., Steny Hoyer, appear to be going for her political jugular. With campaign '06 just on the horizon, I wonder if Pelosi/Dean will be around much longer...

Quote:
Democrats Fear Backlash at Polls for Antiwar Remarks
By Jim VandeHei and Shalaigh Murray
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, December 7, 2005; A01

Strong antiwar comments in recent days by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean have opened anew a party rift over Iraq, with some lawmakers warning that the leaders' rhetorical blasts could harm efforts to win control of Congress next year.

Several Democrats joined President Bush yesterday in rebuking Dean's declaration to a San Antonio radio station Monday that "the idea that we're going to win the war in Iraq is an idea which is just plain wrong."

The critics said that comment could reinforce popular perceptions that the party is weak on military matters and divert attention from the president's growing political problems on the war and other issues. "Dean's take on Iraq makes even less sense than the scream in Iowa: Both are uninformed and unhelpful," said Rep. Jim Marshall (D-Ga.), recalling Dean's famous election-night roar after stumbling in Iowa during his 2004 presidential bid.

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Rahm Emanuel (Ill.) and Rep. Steny H. Hoyer (Md.), the second-ranking House Democratic leader, have told colleagues that Pelosi's recent endorsement of a speedy withdrawal, combined with her claim that more than half of House Democrats support her position, could backfire on the party, congressional sources said.

These sources said the two leaders have expressed worry that Pelosi is playing into Bush's hands by suggesting Democrats are the party of a quick pullout -- an unpopular position in many of the most competitive House races.

"What I want Democrats to be discussing is what the president's policies have led to," Emanuel said. He added that once discussion turns to a formal timeline for troop withdrawals, "the how and when gets buried" and many voters take away only an impression that Democrats favor retreat.

Washington Post - cont'd
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it!! The inanity of the statements of Pelosi, Dean and Kerry are especially astounding. And the fact their consorts in the MSM play their statements as HEADLINES only convinces the public that the Dem Party are cut-and-run defeatists. These statements will become campaign ads against them in 06.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be at all surpised if Jack Murtha was challenged in the primaries nor further suprised if his seat turns to a Republican challenger in the fall. His part of PA is pretty conservative. Murtha has fallen of the cliff and it is time for him to go. To bad it has to be in disgrace.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The inanity of the statements of Pelosi, Dean and Kerry are especially astounding. And the fact their consorts in the MSM play their statements as HEADLINES only convinces the public that the Dem Party are cut-and-run defeatists. These statements will become campaign ads against them in 06."

Until the last election against Kerry, I was never involved in politics regarding any candidate. But these idiots will make sure that I am involved and will fight against any candidate that has this type of belief. I was on the wrong side of these ******** 35 years ago and I will not let our Military or Country go through this again and let these type of people off with out a fight.

I was against SVPT going in to "Assachuettes" if Kerry just ran for the Senate again, that was not our fight as originally laid out. However, their continued assinine statements insure that I will be out in force for the next election and I hope most of the SVPT will be against them every where.

Losers should never Win anywhere because they are "Losers" always. Now I will got take my blood pressure and get it off the ceiling.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not underestimate the power of the communists who have control of the Democratic Party. As Moveon stated they bought it, they own it and now they control it.

Pelosi and Dean might take a fall, but that still leaves the communists in power.

Lieberman is a patriot and aware of the problem, yet he has to weigh his actions against the destruction of the party he loves. It will take a Truman type Democrat to cleanse thier party of the communist element and am sure people are at work, yet Pelosi and Dean are stupid and useful and will soon be discarded.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Until the last election against Kerry, I was never involved in politics regarding any candidate. But these idiots will make sure that I am involved and will fight against any candidate that has this type of belief.

This is my position as well, prior to 2000 I never got involved in politics at all.
There is however only so much a sane man can be expected to tollerate.

In 2000 there was the upsurd effort at what I refer to as techonological/judicial gerymandering.... and then who on Gods earth would have believed they would have come up with John Kerry as a candidate during a time of war??!

I will never sit on the sidelines again.

I am delighted to see the infighting among the Democrats, these guys want to run the show but they still don't have a clue what it is they would do, only that they 'hate' Bush, Rove, Cheany et. all. That's not much of a platform.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
I am delighted to see the infighting among the Democrats, these guys want to run the show but they still don't have a clue what it is they would do, only that they 'hate' Bush, Rove, Cheany et. all. That's not much of a platform.

The Democrats are now fully invested in failure in Iraq. They have, in poker parlance, bet "all in".

For a while, I was getting worried about the possibility of losing the Congress in 2006. If the Dems stick with their apparent strategy, they will probably be out of power for a generation. Red America, in the final analysis, will not stand for a Congress (or president) which displays a desire for treasonous capitulation to terror.

PowerLine this morning ran a cartoon, the text of which reads:

Dean: "OK. Here's how Iraq fits into our 2008 election plan. We call for full retreat, nuance our positions on it, offer no plan, and blame Bush for the bloody mess."

Lackey: "Uh...Chairman Dean, aren't we missing something?"

Dean: "Like what?"

Lackey: "Well...like the soldiers in Iraq."

Dean: "Well, yeah. But we got a lot of their overseas ballots tossed in 2000."

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/012483.php

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent find Schadow...and worth a complete look...

blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you imagine Kerry or dean as CIC, we'd have ramsey clark taking over rummys job. It just gets wierder every day, when the infighting reaches a fever pitch, I just want to be there to hand out bullets! Wink
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Excellent find Schadow...and worth a complete look...

Yeah, I thought about showing the full monte but the lazy cartoonist used the same graphic for all three panels. Very Happy

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Yeah, I thought about showing the full monte but the lazy cartoonist used the same graphic for all three panels. Very Happy

Well, eye candy, limited tho it may be, might get them a few more well-deserved hits Wink
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love watching the Democrats commit political Sepuka all over the TV screen.

These folks are making Teddy Kennedy look like a moderate lately.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's the darn back lash. Lest anyone try and say that comments by Dean, Kerry, Pellosi et all don't cost lives of American soldiers.... take a read at this.

It don't mention Dean but it quotes him:
http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=10224

Now this might seem innocent enough as alas the stated mission of this web site 'islamonline', is this:

Quote:
About IslamOnline.com
Aljazeera Publishing owns and operates IslamOnline.com. Aljazeera Publishing is an independent media organization established for more than 12 years delivering news and analysis to readers all over the world.

from here: ( http://www.islamonline.com/about.asp )

Hmmmm.... aljazeera??!, that is curious is it not, 'news and analysis'. That's what Katie Couric does as well!!

Since this is from Aljaziera..... lets look at the ultimate solution to all these problems come to the fore on Sept. 11 some years back:

http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/news_service/fatwah_story.asp?service_id=449

Make sure to read the whole list of what the coran says about 'Jews'....:

al fazeera says:
Quote:
After this clear explanation, we would like to note that these are but some of the most famous traits of the Jews as described in the Qur’an. They have revolted against the Divine ordinances, distorted what has been revealed to them and invented new teachings which, they claimed, were much more better than what has been recorded in the Torah. It was for these traits that they found no warm reception in all countries where they tried to reside. Rather, they would either be driven out or live in isolation. It was Almighty Allah who placed on them His Wrath and made them den of humiliation due to their transgression. Almighty Allah told us that He’d send to them people who’d pour on them rain of severe punishment that would last till the Day of Resurrection. All this gives us glad tidings of the coming victory of Muslims over them once Muslims stick to strong faith and belief in Allah and adopt the modern means of technology."

Ahhh... almost as fun as beheading someone with a butter knife!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: