SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"We killed the Patriot Act", Harry Reid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: "We killed the Patriot Act", Harry Reid Reply with quote

"We killed the Patriot Act," boasted Minority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, to cheers from a crowd at a political rally after the vote.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20051217-123708-4670r.htm

---------------------------

I wonder if Harry Reid will admit to killing the Partiot Act when we are attacked again? Though they are already blaming President Bush for not taking the 3 month extension.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this man smiling?? (4th from the left) And who is that man with the camera?? HMMMM??

President G.W. Bush signs the Patriot Act.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it not been for those brave men & woman who took that plane down in a field in PA on 9/11.

Washington very well would have been hit again that same day.

How quickly we forget !!!!

We need the Patriot Act to help protect us.

the politics sure does get tiring, not only do we have to fight an enemy that is fanatical & sworn to kill as many of us as possible.

we have to fight the "cut & run" surendercrats every day & all thier buddies in the MSN.

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeman wrote:
Had it not been for those brave men & woman who took that plane down in a field in PA on 9/11.

Washington very well would have been hit again that same day.

How quickly we forget !!!!

No...How quickly the Senators forget.

For the most likely target of that plane was the Capitol building, where Congress was in session.

The Dems would've been making these arguments from the grave.

-- FDL
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scares me that there are actually people out there that cheered at the thought of the Patriot Act being 'killed'.

Should they be considered our enemies? Or maybe 'friends of the terrorists? Or just stupid people?

Dusty
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Scares me that there are actually people out there that cheered at the thought of the Patriot Act being 'killed'.

Should they be considered our enemies? Or maybe 'friends of the terrorists? Or just stupid people?

Dusty

They could of saved a lot of money not building that particle smasher in Europe by looking at the leftists for proof of other dimensions.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you have to do is blog around the Internet to see there are a lot of active bloggers trying to get rid of the Patriot Act. I know what they are afraid of. I would not like a broad powers act to be in the hands of say, Clinton. It was well established in the 90's that he went after his political enemies. A patriot act type of legislation could be used in the wrong way in the wrong hands. But it is necessary now.

dusty wrote:

Dusty
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clinton didn't have a Patriot Act of anything else. He just did it anyway. What's in the Barrett Report??? I want to know.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither Clinton nor Bush used the Patriot Act as the reason they can lawfully call for domestic spying. It is inherent in Presidental powers. I can see why President Bush can spy during war time. But what was Presidnet Clinton's reason? I would like to know what the Barrett Repot is. Laughing

I found this by Tony Snow. Interesting.
http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/tonysnow/2005/12/09/178552.html

This is the last paragraph from Snows article online.

"Yet, as published reports have indicated, he soon discovered that he was onto something much bigger. He found unsettling evidence that Justice Department officials were actively interfering with the probe and even conducting surveillance of Barrett and his office. Worse, there were indications that Team Clinton was using key players at the IRS and Justice to harass, frighten and threaten people who somehow got in the former president's way."

And this is interesting.
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004078.htm

be sure to click the "Trackback" link.

GM Strong wrote:
Clinton didn't have a Patriot Act of anything else. He just did it anyway. What's in the Barrett Report??? I want to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: