SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best of Notable Quotables 2005 -- Media Research Center

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Best of Notable Quotables 2005 -- Media Research Center Reply with quote

Slam Uncle Sam Award
Andrea Mitchell: "It is an iconic picture: American hostages, hands bound and blindfolded, being paraded outside the U.S. embassy in Tehran by their captors. But has one of those student radicals now become Iran’s newly elected President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?...Tonight, U.S. intelligence officials say that they will continue to study this, but may never have definitive proof of what the role was of Iran’s new president, Brian."
Brian Williams: "Andrea, what would it all matter if proven true? Someone brought up today the first several U.S. Presidents were certainly revolutionaries and might have been called terrorists at the time by the British Crown, after all."
Mitchell: "Indeed, Brian."
— NBC Nightly News, June 30. [91 points]

Captain Dan the Forgery Man Award
Dan Rather: "My principal problem was that I stuck by the [Memogate] story, I stuck by our people for too long. I’m guilty of that. I believed in the story, and the facts of the story were correct. One supporting pillar of the story, albeit an important one, one supporting pillar was brought into question. To this day no one has proven whether it was what it purported to be or not....You know, I didn’t give up on my people, our people. I didn’t and I won’t." [Applause]

Marvin Kalb: "Dan, thank you. You said, I believe you just said, that you think the story is accurate."
Rather: "The story is accurate."
— From The Kalb Report, an interview series produced by the George Washington University and Joan Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics, and Public Policy at Harvard University, and shown live on C-SPAN September 26. [80]

Crazy Chris Award for Chris Matthews’ Left-Wing Lunacy
Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan: "We’re not going to cure terrorism and spread peace and good will in the Middle East by killing innocent people or — I’m not even saying our bullets and bombs are killing them. The occupation — they don’t have food, they don’t have clean water, they don’t have electricity. They don’t have medicine, they don’t have doctors. We need to get our military presence out of there, and that’s what’s gonna start building good will....I see Iraq as the base for spreading imperialism...."
Host Chris Matthews: "Are you considering running for Congress, Cindy?"
Sheehan: "No, not this time...."
Matthews: "Okay. Well, I have to tell you, you sound more informed than most U.S. Congresspeople, so maybe you should run."
— Exchange on MSNBC’s Hardball, August 15. [93 points]

More Here

SBD
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had not read that encounter between Mathews and Sheehan before..... If I didn’t know the better it is allmost as if Chris Mathews is doing the leg work for the DNC, using his 'news' show to run up trial balloons of more radicals hiding in the infrastructure of the Democratic party running for office?? I wonder if such a thing could be.

However I must add on to your list. This award's name deserves a award unto itself. As I recall Both Streisand, and O’Donnell have little more than a high school education....... The west guy I don't know: Barbra Streisand Political IQ Award for Celebrity Vapidity
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
I had not read that encounter between Mathews and Sheehan before..... If I didn’t know the better it is allmost as if Chris Mathews is doing the leg work for the DNC, using his 'news' show to run up trial balloons of more radicals hiding in the infrastructure of the Democratic party running for office?? I wonder if such a thing could be.

However I must add on to your list. This award's name deserves a award unto itself....

I'm with you Jack...
Happy New Year, and I too must add to the list...One of the left's vocals on Wall St, Alan Abelson, in today's Barrons, gives the Dem Hopeful's 2008 List (yep, they're already at it, skipping 2006 & 2007). In his words the Dem Hopefuls are "Hillary Clinton and the what's their names...". Then goes on to give JFnK a 1.6% probability of winning the nomination (Edwards got 5%)! So mebbe the SVPT has more credibility than the media lets on!

Deuce
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal favorite was the 'Politics of Meaninglessness Award for the Silliest Analysis'. This one makes you realize the some of the MSM airheads have the same brain Capacity as Momma Moonbat Cindy.

"It’s been 11 days since two African-American teenagers were killed, electrocuted during a police chase, which prompted all of this."
— Anchor Carol Lin after a Nov. 6 CNN Sunday Night story about riots in France. The two teenagers were not Americans, but French citizens of Tunisian heritage.
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't a quote, but remember the reporter down in New Orleans talking about how bad the flooding was and that's why she was in the canoe, and in the middle of her report two people walked by and showed the water to only be ankle deep? Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonevoice wrote:
This isn't a quote, but remember the reporter down in New Orleans talking about how bad the flooding was and that's why she was in the canoe, and in the middle of her report two people walked by and showed the water to only be ankle deep? Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

That was in Wayne, New Jersey during the fall rains Oct 14. The reporter was trying to make news and two guys walked in front of her with wader boots on. It was just barely ankle deep. A Hoot!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: