SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curt Weldon: Bin Laden Is Dead. What do you think??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Curt Weldon: Bin Laden Is Dead. What do you think?? Reply with quote

According to Newsmax, Curt Weldon says Osama Bin Laden died in Iran. Here is the link.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/3/17/64243.shtml?s=et

The story in part:

Friday, March 17, 2006 6:40 a.m. EST
Curt Weldon: Bin Laden Is Dead

Rep. Curt Weldon, who broke the Able Danger story last year revealing that military intelligence had identified lead hijacker Mohamed Atta as a terrorist threat before the 9/11 attacks, now says that Osama bin Laden has died.

Weldon made the stunning claim during an interview Wednesday with the Philadelphia Inquirer, which reported: "Weldon is making explosive new allegations. He says a high-level source has told him that terrorist leader Osama bin Laden has died in Iran, where he has been in hiding."
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I almost hope this isn't true. I've long felt that OBL/UBL has been nothing but something of a folk-legend figurehead, and that the real power and evil behind AQ is Zahwahari (SP?). If the death of Bin Laden is confirmed, I fear that too many Americans will think the WOT is over.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Well, I almost hope this isn't true. I've long felt that OBL/UBL has been nothing but something of a folk-legend figurehead, and that the real power and evil behind AQ is Zahwahari (SP?). If the death of Bin Laden is confirmed, I fear that too many Americans will think the WOT is over.

Agreed, soon the liberals will be in the streets demanding US withdrawel. I've always said, I didn't care if they ever caught him there are 10,000 in line to take his job,at least we know who he is.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless GW Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, or Condi Rice says he's dead, it's all speculation.
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same report (Bin Laden in Iran and was dead), circulated right before Osama released his last taped statement that showed he was aware of current events, etc...that was in Jan I think. There was an audio one released in Feb but that was just a more complete version of the January statement.

I guess it's always possible (hopefull Smile

I'd prefer, to have a media shot of a Spec Ops operative next to a bullet ridden Osama holding his head up like a deer. But, I'll settle for him dieing in exile in the land of persian/shia hell.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Unless GW Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, or Condi Rice says he's dead, it's all speculation.

Unfortunately, hearing that from one of the above would change it from "speculation" to "misleading information" (or worse, outright lies).

The only way to get anybody to believe Bin Laden is actually deceased would be for somebody "new" to claim leadership of the Al Quaeda network.
Preferably in an interview with Dan Rather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: