SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is Commander Hernandez and where is the truth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Who is Commander Hernandez and where is the truth? Reply with quote

There's a post on FreeRepublic where a person references a "Commander Hernandez" stating that sKerry's 180 release included everything from the National Records Archives as well as the Navy.

The FreeRepublic post is here (#45)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1626847/posts#45

I have never heard anyone state that before, and I specifically remember that someone in an official capacity stated that there were around 100 or so additional pages that weren't released.

Can someone please assist me in sorting this out? I know the info is here, but the pile is so deep that I can't find anything. Smile
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MB, as you may or may not recall, Kerry (quite wisely I must admit) stonewalled release of his records until June of 2005. By that time, all but the most committed (even on the blogosphere) had tired of the story, saw Kerry as possessing little consequence and had moved on to more pressing issues.

The revelation that Kerry's records revealed his sub-par performance in college was widely depicted (and, sadly, bought like a pig in a poke) as his rationale for stonewalling.

To my knowledge, Powerline was the last media entity of note to even address the completeness of Kerry's records and they appeared to concede the case. I'll see if I can find their final reference and I'll post it.

edit: Here it is... http://powerlineblog.com/archives/010797.php ... John O'Neill, who appeared to concede the issue as well, raised the issue of possible expungement...

Quote:
One of Mr. Kerry's most steadfast critics, Houston attorney John O'Neill, said yesterday that the latest information from the Navy did not address the issue of whether Mr. Kerry's record might have been purged. "The real question was, was other material in there and was anything expunged?" Mr. O'Neill said.

...but it's the last I heard of that.

At that point, the story was never revisited that I'm aware of.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks #1... I guess I'm confused then. Does anyone here believe that his full record was sent to the Navy for release? Has John O'Neil written anything on this since "Update III" on this page... http://www.blogsforbush.com/mt/archives/004617.html
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarineBrat wrote:
Thanks #1... I guess I'm confused then.

NP MB...and you're not unique in that regard, I can assure you.

MarineBrat wrote:
Does anyone here believe that his full record was sent to the Navy for release?

Unless and until Kerry releases his records for unrestricted public examination, there are only a select few who are in a position to answer that question...and they ain't talking.

MarineBrat wrote:
Has John O'Neil written anything on this since "Update III" on this page... http://www.blogsforbush.com/mt/archives/004617.html

Not to my knowledge other than the comments he made to Powerline cited above. Anyone else?

P.S. It would be interesting to learn if Marvin Kalb has been or will be granted access to his records.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: