SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murtha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Murtha Reply with quote

I hope I am not violating decorum here by mentioning Murtha...my view is that he is just skerry reincarnated. If I am violating decorum, then I hope the Mods will delete this since skerry is really the emarassment of the the US...Murtha is a washed up Congressman enjoying his moment of glory in the adoring press.

I spent a part of my Memorial Day thinking on the likes of skerry and Murtha. I have corresponded with Murtha, but it isn't easy since the great hero will not take comments from anyone but his constituents. I broke the code on him and others (Durbin, Kennedy, et al) and found that you can look elsewhere on their Congressional website and get the address of their office. Simply enter it and then you can send the Great One a missive. In the case of the Great Marine Murtha, it is 647 Main St, Johnstown PA 15901.

I vented on this Memorial Day by telling Murtha what I thought of him. Will it matter? No. Will he ever see it? No. Would he care, even if he did? No. But, I had the pleasure of telling the SOB that he had moved ahead of Hanoi Jane in my list of scondrels. Mental ************, but it helped me focus on Memorial Day. Steve

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back Wink

You'll find plenty of threads about Murtha around here.

this thread
below has some info about Murtha's opponent Diana Irey . Spreading the word about her is one way to make a difference & help Retire Murtha
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kate! yes, I got complacent. Then I saw the NYT skerry articles and realized that the battle isn't over (as I reach for my check book).

I've had a long festering distaste for Murtha and his pre-Memorial Day antics pushed me over the edge. The good news is that it gave me point of focus for the hallowed day.

Thanks and sorry I got complacent. Steve

rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for a little swiftboating of Murtha, and see if he earned his medals..
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
Time for a little swiftboating of Murtha, and see if he earned his medals..

Sorry rparrott21. That is a job for Marines. The swifties are a 527 Group dedicated to keeping John Kerry out of the White House. Other political items don't concern us.
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is any evidence of the liberal press, this is it: ever heard of Sam Johnson, Congressman from Texas? Heard him on Laura's program awhile back expressing his opinion on Murtha. Strange, but he's not invited on the new programs....he's offered but, shock, they didn't take him up on it.

Apparently, he's not a hero like Murtha/skerry and thus does not have the credentials to comment on military matters. Whoops, from his website:
After growing up in Dallas and graduating from Southern Methodist University, Johnson began his 29-year career in the U.S. Air Force, where he served as director of the Air Force Fighter Weapons School (Top Gun) and flew with the Air Force Thunderbirds precision flying demonstration team. In the Korean War, he flew F-86s in 62 combat missions.

In the Vietnam War, Johnson flew F-4s. While flying his 25th combat mission in 1966, he was shot down over North Vietnam. He spent nearly seven years as a prisoner of war, half of that time in solitary confinement. Fellow POW Capt. James Mulligan, USN (Ret.) recalled the day Johnson was allowed to return to a joint cell. He walked into the room with the two other detained American officers, "stood at attention with tears in his eyes, and said simply, 'Lieutenant Colonel Sam Johnson reporting for duty, sir'...after he had not talked to or directly been with an American for three full years." Johnson recounts the details of his POW experience in his autobiography, Captive Warriors.

A decorated war hero, Johnson was awarded two Silver Stars, two Legions of Merit, the Distinguished Flying Cross, one Bronze Star with Valor, two Purple Hearts, four Air Medals, and three Outstanding Unit Awards.

Let us contrast his awards and how he got them to the antics of skerry and Murtha. Wouldn't you think the media would like to chat with Rep Johnson?

Take a look at his positions on Iraq and contrast them to Murtha
http://www.samjohnson.house.gov/News/DocumentQuery.aspx?CatagoryID=808

Hope the Marines will take care of Murtha but it will more likely have to be the voters of PA, but we can certainly contribute to that cause and support the folks here in case skerry continues his madness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: