SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Andrew Young- Not PC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Andrew Young- Not PC? Reply with quote

Oooweee!! So un-PC, Mr Young?? Bet the media won't crucify him, even though they hate Walmart.
Quote:
Young quits Wal-Mart group after remarks
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, by Marilyn Geewax

Andrew Young, the former United Nations ambassador and mayor of Atlanta, said Thursday he has resigned as head of Working Families for Wal-Mart, a Washington-based group that supports the retail giant.

~SNIP~

"But you see, those are the people who have been overcharging us ...First it was Jews, then it was Koreans and now it's Arabs; very few black people own these stores."

Cont'd
Atlanta Journal Constitution

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so it's clear...Mr. Young was referring to "mom and pop" businesses (of THOSE ethnicities) that Wal-mart has allegedly displaced.

I dunno, but I suppose it's almost poetic justice that Young (who probably got his position with Wal-mart in the first place as a payoff to the racial extortionists) has been bitten by the very same racial bigotry he has spent a lifetime denouncing.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Just so it's clear...Mr. Young was referring to "mom and pop" businesses (of THOSE ethnicities) that Wal-mart has allegedly displaced.

I dunno, but I suppose it's almost poetic justice that Young (who probably got his position with Wal-mart in the first place as a payoff to the racial extortionists) has been bitten by the very same racial bigotry he has spent a lifetime denouncing.

May I ask if you are talking about reverse discrimination? Serious question... I have NO idea who Mr. Young is...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
... I have NO idea who Mr. Young is...

Google is your friend... Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Young was sober when he spoke these words. Where are the cries of anti-semitism from the drive-by leftstream media? Where are all the cries of discrimnation and hate speech?

And, they say there is no media bias?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Andrew Young was sober when he spoke these words. Where are the cries of anti-semitism from the drive-by leftstream media? Where are all the cries of discrimnation and hate speech?

And, they say there is no media bias?

Imagine what they'd say if I called Andrew Young the n-word. I would be branded a racist, wouldn't I?

-- FDL
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

Imagine what they'd say if I called Andrew Young the n-word. I would be branded a racist, wouldn't I?

-- FDL

Not if you're black.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: