SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

''The Path to 9/11'': Political Partisan Gamesmanship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: ''The Path to 9/11'': Political Partisan Gamesmanship Reply with quote

''The Path to 9/11'': Political Partisan Gamesmanship
Written by Doc Farmer
Friday, September 08, 2006

An Open Letter

To: Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid
Assistant Democratic Leader Dick Durbin
Senator Debbie Stabenow
Senator Charles Schumer
Senator Byron Dorgan

Subject: Your Letter to Disney President and CEO Robert Iger

I just read your letter to Mr. Robert Iger of the Disney Corporation. In it, you complained about the upcoming ABC miniseries/docudrama, "The Path to 9/11." Apparently, you seem to think that the program may be biased, and you're asking the network people to pull the program. You also seem to be saying that if they don't do what you demand, you'll pull their plug.

Since when do you have the right to make such a request? Or to make implied threats against an independent broadcasting company? Since when do you have the right to complain about a program that shows individuals from BOTH parties who dropped the ball on the years, months, and hours preceding that terrible September morning, but ONLY complain about how YOUR party's representatives are, well, represented? Since when do you have the right to deny Americans the freedom of choice to watch or not watch a program?

Let's face a few facts here. Clinton and his band of boobs (I'm referring to his staff, not his harem) screwed up several times in regard to terrorism in general, Al Qaeda specifically, and Usama bin Laden in particular. To trot out comments from Jamie Gorelick to defend your indefensible position is particularly obtuse, seeing that she was the architect of the "wall" which kept much of the intelligence data fragmented and segregated. To ***** and crab and piss and moan about how people in your party are "depicted" is quite typical of your ilk, I understand, but it is also markedly obscene. You're more concerned about your "image" as a party than you are about getting to the ROOT CAUSES of 9/11, or to have those presented to the American people.

You're so scared of any criticism, that you are actually threatening one of your own arms of the mainstream media, a group that has served your propagandist purposes well enough for many, many years.

You, as well as the other complainers from your side of the aisle (all the way up to your hero, the former fornicator-in-chief) have shown singular disregard for the safety of this nation and the security of her people.

And yet, oddly enough, you've not said one word of complaint about any potential "inaccuracies" which might have happened from the rep/con/tair side of the aisle. Your political opponents aren't all coming up smelling like roses here either. Condi Rice, if I'm not mistaken, gets a particular boot in the backside for some of her actions in the months leading up to 9/11. Maybe that's deserved; maybe that's unfair. However, you seem to have little time to devote to inaccuracies that you think help make you look good and your political opponents look bad.

You also haven't been too hard on the mainstream media when they repeatedly screw up their news investigations regarding this administration, or their slanted coverage of this war. So your sudden conversion to media avenger seems a bit, shall we say, hollow.

I know you're pretty isolated up in that ivory tower of yours, but here's a little quote from a document you should have committed to memory:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
I would also like to remind you of a certain oath you took when you first obtained power:

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
It seems that you guys aren't all that bothered with little things like the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, or your oath before God to defend said Constitution and to bear true faith and allegiance to it. Well, not when it's politically inconvenient, that is.

So, let me make this easy for you. Retract the letter, and apologize to Mr. Iger, President Bush, his administration, the United States Armed Forces, and every single American Citizen. Immediately.

If you don't comply prior to the airing date of the miniseries, I will make a formal request to the Justice Department to have you formally investigated for an attempted violation of the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, as well as a direct violation of your oath of office, and a charge of abuse of power. Since your actions would also have the direct effect of providing aid and comfort to the enemy during a time of war, I will also request that you be investigated on charges of treason and attempted sedition. I'll further request that President Bush revive an old but effective tradition for chief executives during times of war. Guys like Lincoln and your own hero FDR used that tradition to great effect.

I think it's called a gallows.

Signed, With Utter Disgust and Contempt for You and the Horse You Rode In On,

Doc Farmer

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in the Midwest. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.

This Article Was First Published In ChronWatch At: http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=23630

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like our friend at Scrappleface, Scott Ott, has taken a lighter (and shorter) approach to this issue...

Quote:
Dems to ABC: We'll Yank License, Talking Points
by Scott Ott

( 2006-09-08 ) — Top Senate Democrats, outraged over inaccuracies in the upcoming ABC mini-series The Path to 9/11, today said that in addition to yanking the network's broadcast license, if the show airs Democrats might also withhold from ABC News the daily distribution of Democrat talking points.

A spokesman for Disney-owned ABC News said that while the network could weather the revocation of its broadcast license, thanks to the proliferation of cable and satellite TV, the loss of the Democrat talking points would force the news division to hire dozens of new reporters to fill the void in its newscasts.

Meanwhile, Scholastic Inc. recalled a Path to 9/11 study guide which it had offered to 25,000 high school teachers nationwide, and replaced it with "a more balanced, traditional teaching tool" prepared by MoveOn.org with help from Oscar-winning filmmaker Michael Moore.

In related news, a spokesman for former President Bill Clinton demanded significant cuts to an upcoming DVD release of Snow White to "eliminate factual errors and scenes of dwarf behavior clearly intended to smear the former president's administration."

Source

jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping Disney President and CEO Robert Iger is getting tons of letters like this, in addition to the ones he's getting from the democratic "leaders".

We'll find out Monday, I guess.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps what we're seeing here are further indicies of a growing rift between "moderate liberalism" (it DOES exist ya know? See Joe Lieberman) and the Dean/Pelosi wing of uber-lunatic whackos.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a rift. The Clinton shock troops have gone to the trenches and lit off the Ken Starr Treatment for Iger. Any good moonbat would hang in feces to help the Cause and hang in feces they do. These are the self same honorables who mustered on the South Lawn to denounce Monica.

BTW:

is 3rd sing. present of BE

-Wlm Shakespeare
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1 brings up an interesting point in all this IMHO. Remember that there is a growing segment of the left-of-center party who is becoming more and more disenchanted with Hillary Clinton (preferring a more far-left, anti-war, etc., candidate). Even though Hollywood as a whole were big supporters of Bill, haven't they recently cooled considerably on Hillary?

Is it possible that ABC and Disney and all the other left-leaning people who produced The Road to 9/11 were blindsided by the criticism they've been receiving, because they fell into the trap, or with malice of forethought, of deciding that Clinton's idolated legacy was no longer in need of burnishing?

H-m-m-m... A scenario like that would certainly help to explain why ABC and Disney made a film that could be critical of Clinton in the first place (which IMHO is completely out of character), and why they apparently didn't expect all the criticism from the Democratic machine.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are 3rd PLUR. present of BE
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
So, let me make this easy for you. Retract the letter, and apologize to Mr. Iger, President Bush, his administration, the United States Armed Forces, and every single American Citizen. Immediately.

Excellent letter Doc. I hope that they would do the above referenced quote, 'apologize'. But I believe that would be a 'cold' day in hell before any of those egotistical, frothing at the mouth idiots ever apologize. Apologize is not in their vocabulary let alone their dictionaries.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll wrote:
Doc Farmer wrote:

Excellent letter Doc. I hope that they would do the above referenced quote, 'apologize'. But I believe that would be a 'cold' day in hell before any of those egotistical, frothing at the mouth idiots ever apologize. Apologize is not in their vocabulary let alone their dictionaries.

If that's true, then why do they keep asking Dubya to apolgize for everything from 9/11 to a hangnail?

But yes, hell will freeze over before any of these jerkwads proffer a REAL apology for anything!

Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
If that's true, then why do they keep asking Dubya to apolgize for everything from 9/11 to a hangnail?

Because 'apologize' is in Dubya's vocabulary and dictionaries and they know it and would like to exploit that to the hilt!

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll wrote:
Doc Farmer wrote:

Because 'apologize' is in Dubya's vocabulary and dictionaries and they know it and would like to exploit that to the hilt!

True enough, Doll. Sickening, but true.

ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were possible to go to the Clinton administration and get the truth about what happened I can see ABC meeting with them and then presenting the program. The truth is though the Clintons and their administration under oath Lied to a federal judge and to the American People. Do we really think anything they are saying today could possibly be the truth. Does it really matter what was said or who said it or is the truth really in the fact that the stain was on the Blue Dress.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that was a "Black" dress. I agree with you. The fact that they protest so much only serves to prove how in the end your lies do find you out and truth, one way or another, does and will prevail.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: