SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Gore hits at US over climate change"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: "Gore hits at US over climate change" Reply with quote

Gore's megalomania is becoming clinical. What a catastrophe we almost endured in 2000...

Quote:
Gore hits at US over climate change
By John Aglionby in Nusa Dua, Bali and agencies
Financial Times
December 13 2007

Al Gore savaged the US government’s “obstructing” attitude and urged delegates at the UN conference on climate change to ignore Washington if necessary to pursue the “moral imperative” of a new global regime.

“My country is principally responsible for obstructing progress here in Bali,” the former US vice-president told 2,000 of the 12,000 people attending the conference on Thursday. “[But] over the next two years the United States is going to be somewhere it is not now.”

<snip>

Mr. Gore, fresh from receiving the Nobel peace prize jointly with the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, said delegates must “find the grace to navigate around this enormous obstacle, the elephant in the room that I have been undiplomatic enough to name.”

<snip>

He sought to inspire the audience by telling them they had the privilege of being some of the few people in the world who can make a difference in saving “the world’s civilisation”.

“The way ahead from Bali is difficult,” he said. “The truth is that is the maximum now considered possible even here in this conference is still far short of the minimum that will really solve this process. So we have to expand the limits of what’s possible. We must have the moral imagination of humankind to see ourselves as the symbol of global civilisation.”

Financial Times - cont'd
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutting of the debate on this as credible scientists are refuting the notion is about par for the course from the left. For all the cries of "dialogue" on every other issue, their fear of this being proven wrong is just staggering.

Odd too how the left's solution is always to raise America's taxes Confused
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Gore speaks of the "few" what most people do not realize is his and their plans for the "others".

Going by history, I assume he and they plan on killing all of us not deemed necessary for their new world.

He is a pyschopath.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore has trashed the USA in one way or another ever since he trashed his office on the way out the door in 2001.......

He's slowly becoming a laughing stock one convert at a time....and enough kids know science today to see the vice charade-in-chief as nothing more than a torn page in history. The lengths they went to down in Bali to keep the 'actual' scientists out of the meeting is laughable. The commune rejects see this pin action as their last chance to turn off the electricity and drive us back to the stone age. No other explanation is plausible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush Limbaugh said yesterday the number one reason Gore is not throwing his hat in the ring for the nomination is that he will surely be questioned on the global warming theory and that would knock him right out of the box.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep in mind the Gore's hedge fund is in the
business of approving projects
that generate 'carbon offsets'.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greasepaint wrote:
keep in mind the Gore's hedge fund is in the
business of approving projects
that generate 'carbon offsets'.

And all the recording artists have jumped on board with these too, roflmao! One woman paid over 6o grand to plant trees somewhere versus the cost of duplicating her CDs which ran about 6 grand. Oh wait! She paid for the carbon offest & footprint to come from China, never mind.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Gore is a pissed off wanna-be intellectual who is grieved for not being in power. Have to hand it to Hoffer he was writing about Gore back in the late 1967. It should be noted Hoffer did not view himself as an intellectual and defined intellectuals as scribes of no worth. People who have not and never will possess an original thought within their lifetime. An angry, disgruntled sort more suited to small engine repair than climatology and sociology, as we are today witnessing.

From Hoffer---

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. An excellent historian thinks Americans are “the most frightening people in the world,” and a foremost philologist sees America as “the most aggressive power in the world, the greatest threat to peace and to international cooperation.” Others call America a “pig heaven,” “a monster with 200 million heads,” “a cancer on the body of mankind.”

Novelists, playwrights, poets, essayists and philosophers depict America as the land of the dead. It is a country where sensitive souls are starved and flayed, where nothing nourishes and everything hurts. Nowhere, they say, is there such a boring monotony of aim, and monotony of outlook on the world. One American writer says, “America is no place for an artist. A corn-fed hog enjoys a better life than a creative artist.” One she intellectual maintains that “the quality of American life is an insult to the possibilities of human growth.”

It is hard to believe that this savage and revulsion derives from specific experiences with persons and places. What is there in America that prevents an educated person from shaping his life, from making the most of his inborn endowments? With all its faults and blemishes, this country gives a man elbow room to do what is nearest to his heart. It is incredible how easy it is here to cut oneself off from the vulgarity, conformity, speciousness and other corrupting influences and infections. For those who want to be left alone to realize their capacities and talents, this is the ideal country.

The trouble is, of course, that the alienated intellectual does not want to be left alone. He wants to be listened to and be taken seriously. He wants to influence affairs, have a hand in making history, and feel important. He is free to speak and write as he pleases, and can probably make himself heard and read more easily than one who would defend America. But he can neither sway elections nor shape policy. Even when his excellence as a writer, artist, scholar, scientist, or educator is generally recognized and rewarded he does not feel himself part of the power structure. In no other country has there been so little liaison between men of words and the men of action who exercise power. The body of intellectuals in America has never been integrated with and congenial to the politicians and businessmen who make things happen. Indeed, the uniqueness of modern America derives in no small part from the fact that America has kept intellectuals away from power and paid very little attention to their political views.

The 1960s have made it patent that much of the intellectual’s dissent is fueled by a hunger for power. The appearance of potent allies—militant blacks and students—has emboldened the intellectual to come out into the open. He still feels homeless in America, but the spectacle of proud authority, in cities and on campuses, always surrendering before threats of violence is to him a clear indication that middle-class society is about to fall apart, and he is all set to pick up the pieces.

There is no doubt that in our permissive society the intellectual has far more liberty than he can use; and the more his liberty and the less his capacity to make use of it, the louder his clamor for power-power to deprive other people of liberty.

Eric Hoffer, First Things, Last Things, 1967 pp 71-73
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought for some time that Al Gore's problem is a deep and abiding bitterness at his country for the sin of not rewarding him by electing him to the office he regarded as his by right. Thus he has set out on a mission to punish those he thinks responsible. Compliance with his goals of reducing carbon dioxide emmissions would seriously cripple, if not totally decimate the economy of the United States. He is aware of that fact and, truth be known, that is his goal.

I also think that John Kerry is suffering from the same malady and would bear close watch for the same type of actions in the future.

And if "Her Highness" is not coronated as planned, you had better watch her subsequent actions also.

These type of peoples feel a sense of entitlement, and when thwarted in their plans, can get vicious.

Just my 2c worth.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:
I have thought for some time that Al Gore's problem is a deep and abiding bitterness at his country for the sin of not rewarding him by electing him to the office he regarded as his by right. Thus he has set out on a mission to punish those he thinks responsible. Compliance with his goals of reducing carbon dioxide emmissions would seriously cripple, if not totally decimate the economy of the United States. He is aware of that fact and, truth be known, that is his goal.

I also think that John Kerry is suffering from the same malady and would bear close watch for the same type of actions in the future.

And if "Her Highness" is not coronated as planned, you had better watch her subsequent actions also.

These type of peoples feel a sense of entitlement, and when thwarted in their plans, can get vicious.

Just my 2c worth.

I agree
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to include Ted Kennedy in my list, but he also fits the template. He was supposed to be next after his brothers, but Chappaquidick got in the way, now he's just bitter and vindictive.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
GenrXr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:
I forgot to include Ted Kennedy in my list, but he also fits the template. He was supposed to be next after his brothers, but Chappaquidick got in the way, now he's just bitter and vindictive.

I think the communists got to him. Told him he was next if he didn't sing their note.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Connecticut where good ole P.T.Barnum was from & close to Bridgeport where he was Mayor.

As P. T. once said there is a sucker born every minute. !!!!

big mouth Gore is sounding a lot like ole P. T. Barnum.

Don't forget before he got on the Global warming bandwagon he invented the Internet.

and got a Nobel Peace Prize, Ole P. T must be laffin, there sure is a sucker born every minute.

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: