SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Demos...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Dear Demos... Reply with quote

What's particularly interesting is not what's here, but what's not here...the word "Iraq" is nowhere to be found. Makes me go hmmmm... (emphasis theirs)

Quote:
The smirk Rolling Eyes
Sent:Mon 1/28/08 5:32 PM
Reply-to:info@dscc.org
To: XXX@XXX.COM

Dear XXX,

I finally figured out what that smirk is for. George Bush just can't keep saying his lines with a straight face. (ed: Is this guy still in high school?)

Tonight, he's giving his last State of the Union speech - finally! - and he's bound to claim that he's made American stronger, safer, bigger, and better. But after seven years of his failed policies, nothing could be further from the truth.

Thanks to George Bush and his cowboy diplomacy, America's standing around the world is at an all-time low. His trickle down economics have trickled us right onto the brink of a recession. And he's all but ignored the really big problems like global warming (ed: That's warmISM J.B.) and sky-high health care costs (ed: can you spell tort reform J.B.?).

We need two things to clean up George Bush's mess: a Democratic president with a bold progressive (ed: a euphemism J.B. - we KNOW what "progressive" means) vision, and an overwhelming Democratic Senate majority to turn that vision into law. We're all working on the first one. Now, the DSCC needs your help to guarantee the second.

Click here to make an immediate, secure contribution of $50, $75, or more. We need a Democratic President and a strong Senate majority to turn our country around.

Mitch McConnell and his Republican buddies in the Senate have proved either unwilling or unable to do anything except defend Bush's failed policies. But as long as he controls enough votes, he can continue to stand in the way of any Democratic effort to pass real solutions.

So it's up to us to elect a strong Democratic majority that can overwhelm even the worst Republican obstructionism. It's the only way to right our economy, finally address global warming, (ed: warmISM J.B., warmISM) and get a handle on out-of-control health care costs (ed: hard to do J.B. until you get your hands out of the Trial Lawyers Association pocket. Perhaps a task force under the leadership of going-nowhere John Edwards? He needs something to do).

We can't do it without you. Your contribution will directly support the DSCC as we make plans and build infrastructure that will spread the Democratic message and make hundreds of thousands of voter contacts in Senate races across the country.

Right now, we're just $99,377 short of funding our proven campaign plan through January. Your contribution can help put us over the top.

Click here to make an immediate, secure contribution of $50, $75, or more. We need a Democratic President and a strong Senate majority to turn our country around.

The bottom line is this: George Bush got us into this mess. Only a strong Democratic majority can get us out.

It's up to you and me to make sure our Senate candidates have everything they need to win in November. I hope I can rely on your support.

Sincerely,

J.B. Poersch
Executive Director

P.S. Remember, as long as Mitch McConnell controls enough votes, he'll always stand in the way of Democratic progress. Electing a strong Democratic majority is absolutely essential to turning our country around.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Democrat with Vision??? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: