SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul Rodriguez and Cali. enviro-whackos collide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Paul Rodriguez and Cali. enviro-whackos collide Reply with quote

I happened to catch the tail end of comedian (and California FARMER) Paul Rodriguez's appearance on the Hannity radio show yesterday. He was discussing the plight of farmers, like himself, in the San Joaquin valley due to severe water rationing imposed by a recent court ruling apparently negating, at the behest of enviro-whackos, a previously agreed-upon water allocation policy.

It appears that a good percentage of available water, formerly allocated to irrigation, has been restricted in order to insure the viability of a colony of "delta smelt" inhabiting a small part of the Sacramento-San Joaquin delta. (You can read a dated article on the controversy here, as I can't seem to find any news media reports on the recent ruling...perhaps not a great surprise).

This appears to be yet another instance of "enviromentalism" run amok...and supposed "liberal" Paul Rodriguez is getting a taste of just what these unelected regulatory storm-troopers are capable of dishing out.

The following is the only "news" item I could find relating to the controversy...which leads with a "radical farmer" negative treatment until halfway through the story...

Quote:
Protesting Farmers Snarl Traffic On I-5; Cause Crash
By Clint Olivier
KMPH Fox26 News
June 16, 2009

FRESNO - A big rig wreck was the end result of a protest-gone-wrong in Western Fresno County.

<snip>

Ryan Ferguson says the convoy was organized by farmers to protest the lack of water being allotted to the west side of the valley.

"Everybody was in the slow lanes and off to the shoulder there was nobody in the fast lanes, and we took several steps to make this as safe as possible," he said.

"Farmers out there are being denied by the state water to their farms, because of a little minnow," Sean Hannity said.

Monday afternoon the west side water issue came up again.

This time on the nationally broadcast Sean Hannity radio program.

Hannity's guest was actor and comedian Paul Rodriguez, who has been active in water issues.

Rodriguez told Hannity he's confused by recent legal decisions keeping pumps off to protect delta smelt, while farmland and jobs, dry up.

"This is ridiculous, I don't know who's running this. I used to be a big supporter of President Obama but now I don't know what to think," he said.

KMPH Fox26 News - cont'd
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The enviro-wackos continue to keep...
unemployment ......UP
Taxes .................. UP and growing (cap and trade)
Lawyer Welfare .....UP and growing "
Oil Prices ..............UP w/continued drilling bans for useful idiot reasons
Oil Imports ........... UP w/ bans on USA drilling
Gore employed ..... defies reason

Envirowackos....the USA's most inconvenient carbon life-forms. (and I'm sure I left out some of their idiots)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: