SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taranto: "Mourning in America"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Taranto: "Mourning in America" Reply with quote

I've been somewhat neglectful (perhaps owing to Kerry's current inconsequence to anything of import) in keeping abreast of Taranto's always-amusing observations on Kerry-doings.

Here's yesterday's Taranto (written before the Mass. election outcome) just to add a bit more to today's merriment...

Quote:
Mourning in America

John Kerry, the haughty, French-looking former junior senator from Massachusetts who by the way served in Vietnam, made his debut on the national stage in 1971, when he slandered American servicemen in testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee:
    They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.
Note how similar is his description of the Senate campaign currently under way in Massachusetts (at 0:53 of this Fox News video):
    I have heard some horrible stories of individuals intimidating, uh, Martha Coakley, lying down in front of her car, threatening her, threatening her on the Internet, uhhh, burning, uh, burning campaign, uh, posters and so forth. We don't have a place for that in Massachusetts. That is disgraceful. And I hope that tomorrow people will go to the polls and reject that kind of campaigning.
Thirty-three years after denouncing Vietnam veterans, Kerry ran for president and offered as his sole qualification his claim to be . . . a Vietnam veteran! That got us to wondering if 33 years from now, Kerry will be seeking the presidency again and claiming that he had been a Scott Brown supporter way back in '010.

Well, probably not, we reckon. Thirty-three years from now it will be 2043, when John Kerry would be just over 99 years old. No president has even lived to 94, much less been elected in his second century. The terribly sad truth is this: Not only is John Kerry unlikely to run for president ever again; there is a very good chance that he will die someday. If it can happen to Teddy Kennedy, it can happen to anyone.

They gave John Kerry a hat. He has the hat to this day. He has the hat. But one day he will leave the hat behind, and someone will hang up the hat. After that sad day, will any of us ever laugh again?

Also, is it possible Massachusetts will end up with two Republican senators?

Best of the Web Today

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope voters in Massachusetts soon discover John 'F'in Kerry to be just another "botched Joke."

Last night was a good start, but we cannot become complacent as we did after the 1994 takeover by the GOP.

We have to do our part to ensure they do their part, or else.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be very damaging would be if it ws shown that Kerry received a dishonorable discharge from the Navy under Nixon.

I'd bet good money, based on all of the evidence we found during the election, that's exactly what happened.

It would perfectly explain all of the weird dates on when his medals etc. were reissued and the multiple ciitations in what we found of his records.

I'm sure he'll file that From 180 any time now and clear all this up. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: