SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taranto: "Kerry: Repeal the First Amendment!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Taranto: "Kerry: Repeal the First Amendment!" Reply with quote

In a response to Lew's recent post, I alluded to what I thought will be an inevitable Kerry overreach in his insatiable quest for relevance and leftist gravitas. I was actually thinking about the "tomorrows"...then I read Taranto from YESTERDAY...

Quote:
Kerry: Repeal the First Amendment!

When President Obama says "jump," John Kerry, the haughty, French-looking former junior senator from Massachusetts who by the way served in Vietnam, says, "I have the hat." Obama called on Congress to deliver a "forceful response" to Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, and Kerry now says he favors the repeal of the First Amendment:
    "The sovereign right of the people to govern being essential to a free democracy, Congress and the States may regulate the expenditure of funds for political speech by any corporation, limited liability company, or other corporate entity," the amendment says. "Nothing contained in this Article shall be construed to abridge the freedom of the press."
The Hill reports that Kerry and Sen. Arlen Specter (R2D2, Pa.) are the only two senators so far to back the idea of repeal. Blogress Ann Althouse notes that a video was also released in which Hitler expressed his disagreement with the ruling, but it apparently has disappeared from the Web.

In a Politico op-ed, David Bossie, head of Citizens United, notes that Obama has accepted money directly from corporations, which remains illegal for candidates for federal office:
    Many states, including Illinois and Maryland, allow corporate contributions to state candidates. As an Illinois state senator, Obama accepted direct contributions from the corporate treasuries of Citigroup and London-based pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca, among others. As a Maryland state legislator, Democratic Rep. Chris Van Hollen, one of the more hysterical critics of the decision, accepted from business entities about 10 percent of his campaign funds during the four years leading up to his election to Congress.

If, as these detractors and their allies would have us believe, corporate money is by definition corrupting, why did they accept these funds when doing so benefited them?
Hmm, probably because it benefited them. We laugh at the Kerry-Specter initiative to repeal the First Amendment, because it has zero chance of winning the support of 67 senators and 290 representatives, the threshold for even proposing a constitutional amendment. We are, however, even more appalled with Kerry and Specter than we were before, if you can believe it.

Best of the Web Today

Sooooo...Jean Fraud is now joining forces with Arlen Specter to repeal the First Amendment. Fitting. Is there a more desperate duo now stalking their own political relevance and survival?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all of the haste to repeal the First Amendment, they seem to have forgotten there is also a Second Amendment.

Nothing contained in this comment should be construed as a threat or call to action, just a friendly reminder. Wink
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a very good chance that Arlen Specter is going to be unemployed after November's election. The Tea Party has him dead in their sights, and they've been doing pretty well so far.

And then Kerry will be all alone on this idea.

Keep track of what he says, it might be valuable ammo in his next run at getting elected. Massachusetts isn't quite as safe for the Liberal idiots as a guaranteed life-long Senate seat as it used to be, I'm thinking.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy really knows how to get on the wrong side of an issue and then....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: