SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memorial Day at Arlington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Memorial Day at Arlington Reply with quote

The Washington Post has reported that President Obama is "finally addressing one of the great broken promises of his administration." They refer to his pledge to return home to Chicago every six weeks or so. For this shallow reason, Obama is ditching the customary Memorial Ceremony at Arlington and leaving it to Biden.

After watching Obama's recent unenthusiastic tele-prompter speech to the graduating class at West Point, Obama's Memorial Day excursion to spend private time with friends is another in a long list of examples of his lack of repect for those who serve in the military. Someone should remind the Commander-in-Chief that he has troops deployed and in combat that are unable to pick up and fly home to be with their families for a three day weekend --that he can visit Chicago some other time.

Nalt

PS: Having said all that, I would be thrilled if the Chicago trip is a cover story for a secret visit to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding insult to injury, THIS bufoon will be standing in for the POTUS.

(from Hot Air blog)
Quote:
Uh oh: Blumenthal becomes a Biden punchline

Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday took an unexpected dig at Democratic Senate candidate Richard Blumenthal for misstating his military service record.

While speaking at a barbecue for wounded soldiers, he commented about veterans coming home from the Vietnam War. Biden, who has a penchant for being loquacious, veered into the Connecticut Senate race.

“I didn’t serve in Vietnam. I don’t want to make a Blumenthal mistake here,” he said according to a pool report. “Our attorney general from Connecticut, God love him.”

Later he said “I have a bad habit of saying exactly what I think.”

That’s why we like to keep an eye on your appearances, Mr. Vice President. God love ya!

Quote:
PS: Having said all that, I would be thrilled if the Chicago trip is a cover story for a secret visit to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
but the troops would HATE it! They LOATHE him, and with good reason.

...keep ALL of them as far away from Memorial Day remembrances as possible!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on all counts, Nalt!

Remember when GW surprised the troops at Thanksgiving? I get choked up just thinking about those soldiers standing there cheering with tears streaming down their cheeks. How he loved our military people!

He might have spent like a drunken sailor - but at least he took care of the people who take care of us.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:

but the troops would HATE it! They LOATHE him, and with good reason.

Not unanimously, but almost universally throughout the services - except at the Pentagon.

This is why I wish we could fire every military politician and civilian director in high authority - put real military leaders in those positions and let them do what they're trained and educated - and sometimes even born - to do. Lots of talent out there, chafing under our oh-so-politically-correct-and-motivated "leaders."

Only people who love this country and honor the sacrifices made by our fighting forces belong at Memorial Day observances.

Sure aren't going to find many of those in this administration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: