SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trump Dished Dollars to kerry & others

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Trump Dished Dollars to kerry & others Reply with quote

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/04/16/2011-04-16_donald_trumps_dished_dollars_to_clinton_rangel_kerry_reid_lautenberg_schumer_and.html

I know that big business men have to do this, but my God, anyone that dished dollars to Kerry is on my do not vote list.

to make matters worse , Reid, Rangel , woolf !!! Clinton & Chuckie Cheese..

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article is a hit piece on Trump from the notoriously liberal NY Daily News. What the article doesn't give you (it wouldn't be helpful for its purpose) is a comparative of his GOP vs. dem contributions.

In the 2004 election (for example and according to OpenSecrets.org), Trump contributed $2,000 to Bush on 6/16/03 and $2,000 to kerry on 6/24/03.

In this hyper-polarized world in which we live where most "journalism" is now of the "advocacy" type (and you fully understand which ideology dominates most major media), you don't write hit pieces (like this Daily News crap) on your ideological friends...and the enemy of my enemy is, in most cases, my friend.

Whether I'd vote for Trump or not in a primary is another question entirely. Nor do I believe it will ever reach that stage but...who knows these days.

Should he ever, however unlikely, make it to become the GOP standard bearer, I'd vote for him in a New York Minute versus any other forseeable alternative.

I think, at the moment of truth, so would you Leeman.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main weapon of the Alinskyites is confusion. Create as much doubt and misinformation as possible. Demagogue and attack the character of opponents. Pit as many groups as possible against each other. Divide and conquer.

Still, how does this article from an anti-spending group (Club for Growth) affect opinions of Trump's fitness to be the Republican standard bearer?

Anti-spending group blasts Trump as 'tax-hiking liberal'...

The last thing I want to see is a "Ross Perot Redux".
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about Trump or any of the other GOP possibles, but the Alinsky tactic won't work with me.

I'd vote for a syphilitic camel before I'd vote for the incumbent.

'Nuff said.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, if the GOP establishment has its way, that is EXACTLY what we will end up with after the rigged primaries, same way we ended up with McCain last time, and between Trump and the RINO, Obama is a shoo-in for a second term. We have to take back the primary process and run a SOLID Conservative and not settle for "RINO droppings".
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump is the only chance we have
to get rid of Obama.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Ross Perot.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Trump, Palin or Bachmann want to enter the running for the Republican nomination and manage to become the nominee, I will work for them and support them to the max (yes, even Trump.) But, Trump's ego is such that he could easily decide to go it alone.

If any one of them decides to run as an independent, game's over. The memory of Perot is too fresh. No way could the I WON lose.

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: