SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOHICA? Kalb to publish "Haunting Legacy"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: BOHICA? Kalb to publish "Haunting Legacy" Reply with quote

As I have previously advised (many moons ago), I had corresponded 2X with Mr. Kalb as to any developments on a book he had both proposed (when he was in Charleston, S.C., in 2004 pursuing Admiral Schachte inre his startling rejoinder to Kerry's "Skimmer" tale) and then commenced to research at the Harvard University's Shorenstein Center. In his second response to an inquiry (several years ago), he advised me that the project had been shelved as an independent treatment of Swift Vet v. Kerry and, instead, would be integrated into a larger treatment.

Well, as I've just discovered, "Haunting Legacy" is about to hit the street...and it doesn't look like Kalb will be vying for any Pulitzer on journalistic courage with this one.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:38 am; edited 3 times in total
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they should pass out signed copies to all the peace-niks on the "SS Jackassity of Dopes" enroute to run the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip...keep them entertained with more Leftist propaganda and revised history on their last boat ride...and then they should take a side-excursion to the spot where Osama-bin-leadened is decomposing in Davy's Jones' outhouse.... Rolling Eyes
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a book on how Vietnam affected those of us who served there was considered boring?

Or, do people like Kalb not realize that although we carry scars (scars that led to our strong opposition to Kerry), the overall majority returned to build successful lives?

Most of us were content to leave it behind us and just deal with it, until Kerry drug it back up again.

Oh well, one book that when it hits the stores, I can just walk past it.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I guess a book on how Vietnam affected those of us who served there was considered boring?

I'll bet it was considered dangerous.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With profound apologies for subjecting anyone to this leftist bromide, an excerpt...

Quote:
Abandoned in the rice paddies and impenetrable jungles of South Vietnam were America’s self-confidence, its idealism, and more than 58,000 young Americans who paid the ultimate price for a “mistake.” As John Kerry asked after returning from military duty in Vietnam, “How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Vietnam? How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?” Updated, those questions might be, Who will be the last American to die for Karzai? Who will be the last American to die in Afghanistan?

I truly believe I'm going to hurl.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds vaguely familiar Rolling Eyes

Did sKerry help him write that drivel?

Why do they never ask, who will be the first leftist to stand for people's freedom?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I read that pseudo-inciteful prose, the more PO'd I get. Let's apply some 3rd grade sentence structure parsing here...

Quote:
Abandoned in the rice paddies and impenetrable jungles of South Vietnam were...more than 58,000 young Americans who paid the ultimate price for a “mistake.”

It would probably not serve Mr. Kalb and his co-author daughter's consciences very well were they to actually come to terms with just WHO it was that not only ABANDONED those American troops but SLANDERED THEM, actively FRATERNIZED WITH, gave AID AND COMFORT TO, and actively PROPAGANDIZED FOR an enemy with whom we were at war and who was killing those same "young Americans" on a daily basis.

I truly can't express the measure of disgust and contempt I have for Kalb and his ilk. It is my hope that EVERY appearance that he and his daughter make to plug this book are greeted with probative questions he has chosen to willfully ignore and/or spin until the truth is no longer recognizable.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have posted this before, forgive me if I am repeating myself, but one of my close friends went through some of the most horrendous fighting of the war and came through it without a scratch...truly a miracle. He came home on R&R and was at the Greyhound bus station calling his folks to come pick him up when a group of leftist, hippie, anti-war scum trapped him in the phone booth. Unable to manuever, he was beaten so badly that he received a medical discharge with permanent disabilities. May the cowardly perpetrators of this foul deed someday find the hottest place in Hell reserved for them and their fellow travelers, and may their only reading material be "When Hell Was in Session", "War On The Rivers", "This Is Latch", "Unfit For Command" and "To Set the Record Straight"...and their toilet paper pages from "The New Soldier" and "Tour of Duty: John Kerry and the Vietnam War."
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This book is apparently, judging by current Amazon sales ranking somewhere in the 26,000's, a monumental flop.

For those who might be interested in reading a bit of Kalb's "exhaustive research", Amazon.com, perhaps reflecting a dismal sales record, has now made available via their "Google Books" preview several pages on the 2004 Swiftvet campaign (click on "Table of Contents", then the Swift Vet chapter link). As you might have expected, the "exhaustive research", at least in what's freely available, has produced no new insights or revelations but rather parrots the totally skewed perspective of the liberal/progressive propaganda as opposed to anything that might even minimally reflect an in depth, dispassionate historical inquiry.

Kalb, when first proposing this treatment, suggested he was going to make a no holds barred effort to get to the substantive truth behind the issues raised in the 2004 campaign. Instead, he's apparently scraped the bottom of the liberal/progressive spin barrel to put research lipstick on a propaganda pig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: