SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roots of...Kerry’s secretary of state ambition...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Roots of...Kerry’s secretary of state ambition... Reply with quote

I had overlooked this Boston Globe story when it was first published and now, having just read it, I'm thunderstruck by a single reference that it contains (emphasis mine)...

Quote:
Roots of John Kerry’s secretary of state ambition lie in wake of 2004 defeat
By Tracy Jan and Bryan Bender
12/21/2012

<snip>

There remains bitterness toward Kerry on the part of some who believe his antiwar stance and claims of American atrocities in Vietnam made him unsuitable for the presidency and now secretary of state.

But even those who were on the opposite side of the Vietnam debate now agree that Kerry is among the most qualified for the Cabinet post.

“I didn’t approve of what he did, but I understood the protesters quite well,” said Melvin Laird, former secretary of defense during the Nixon administration whose son also protested the war. “I wish him very well.”

Laird at the time declined two requests from the Navy to court martial Reserve Lieutenant Kerry over his antiwar actions.

Boston Globe - cont'd

I cannot recall EVER having seen this allegation...that the United States Navy TWICE petitioned the Nixon administration for authorization to court martial John Kerry.

Is it possible that I somehow simply missed this before? Or has the Boston Globe's Kerry toady-in-chief, Glen Johnson (one of the chosen 3 given access to Kerry's records), doing a pre-emptive strike on this revelation in the Globe-space he controls should it become an issue in Kerry's confirmation hearing?
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's time to get this news out so Kerry supporters and detractors can enjoy a nice food fight preliminary to the hearings.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
Maybe it's time to get this news out...

It's out...but nobody is taking notice. Think about it. We've all read time and time again just how substantive is the "Navy's" award of Kerry's medals. Here, for the FIRST time, we're advised that the US Navy wanted to COURT MARTIAL Kerry.

Can you IMAGINE what the media would have done with this had it been a US Air Force petition to court martial George Bush?
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. I RATHER imagine they might even "fake" documents about GW Bush...wait a minute....??????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: