SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Swift Boat vet: We’re ‘ready to go’"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: "Swift Boat vet: We’re ‘ready to go’" Reply with quote

The Swiftees continue to re-emerge in media treatments on The Fraud's prospects for feathering his own fouled nest anew. Hopefully we'll see more of this as a comatose and recalcitrant press is inevitably drawn into a re-consideration of 2004. And just look who The Fraud has trotted out from media exile and obscurity...David Alston...

Quote:
Swift Boat vet: We’re ‘ready to go’
By Hillary Chabot
Thursday, November 22, 2012

The controversial Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, who helped scuttle John Kerry’s 2004 White House bid, are ready to launch torpedoes if the Bay State senator is nominated to a Cabinet post in the Obama administration, with one foe calling the whole idea an “abomination.”

“We’re not too old to fight,” said Alvin Horne, a Vietnam veteran and a key member of the Swift Boat group, whose barrage of attack ads sought to discredit Kerry’s military record during the 2004 campaign. “If the commonwealth wants to send Bozo the Clown to (the) Senate they can do it, but to have him do anything on the national level would be another travesty.”

Boston Herald - cont'd

For the benefit of any (cough) "journalists" who avoided this Alston issue like the plague (that would be about 95% of them), here's a Byron York investigative exposé which blew the lid on Kerry's fraudulent misrepresentation of the depth and breadth of his relationship with David Alston...

Quote:
Kerry’s Brief Brotherhood
The truth behind a sensational rumor about Kerry’s “band of brothers.”
by Byron York
August 16, 2004
The National Review

<snip>

For his part, Kerry has sometimes left the impression that he was present when Alston was wounded. Paying tribute to Alston's service during a speech before a South Carolina veterans' group in May 2002, Kerry said, according to an account in The New Republic, "He [Alston] sat up in a turret above my head in the pilot house — firing twin fifty-calibers to suppress enemy fire from ambushes. We were extremely exposed — always shot at first.... On one occasion in an ambush his turret was riddled with almost one hundred bullets penetrating the aluminum skin. This gunman kept firing even though he was wounded — one bullet going through his helmet, grazing his head and another hitting his arm...."

That description sounds precisely like the incident on January 29, 1969 in which Alston was wounded. But Lt. Peck, and not Kerry, was in command of PCF-94 that day.

According to a report in the Boston Globe, the Kerry campaign website has in the past listed Kerry as being the skipper of PCF-94 at the time of Alston's wounding. When Kerry's military records were first posted on the site, according to the Globe, "the campaign summarize[d] action that took place on Jan. 29, 1969, this way: 'While Kerry's boat and another (PCF-72) were probing a canal along the river, Kerry's boat came under heavy fire and was hit by a B-40 rocket in the cabin area. One member of Kerry's crew Forward Gunner David Alston suffered shrapnel wounds in his head....'" The campaign website also listed two other incidents that took place prior to January 29 as having occurred under Kerry's leadership.

Peck, who would later sign a letter to Kerry written by the anti-Kerry group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, protested. "Those are definitely mine," he told the Globe. "There is no doubt about it." The campaign later removed the January 29 reference from the website.

The National Review - cont'd
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brothers and Sisters of the cyber-sword, we face a formidable adversary surrounded by his praetorian media guards. It will be an uphill fight. Arm yourselves with the truth and prepare to do cyber-battle.

Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, back and ready for whatever I can do.

This is why I was in favor of running him entirely out of office instead of quitting after the election.

But I guess we can do our best now. Good luck brothers.

I think the Dishonorable Discharge angle has some merit, everything about it adds up.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always wanted to hear his explanation of why he claimed to have received an early discharge during his anti-war stuff, but gave a discharge dated 1978 later.

It never added up.

Last edited by LewWaters on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Biden Math, perhaps?
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or something like this, perhaps?

http://www.vvaw.org/veteran/article/?id=1663
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:

Thanks for that link WW. A remarkable document suggesting what we all, I think, believe to be the truth as to Kerry's discharge record. While I had previously relinquished any prospect for getting to the truth of this matter in my lifetime, the relatively recent allegation by Melvin Laird that the U. S. Navy had twice-petitioned the Nixon white house for permission to court-martial Kerry gave me some renewed cause for hope. How could the U. S. Navy honorably discharge an officer (small o) that they had an alleged desire to court-martial (and, quite plausibly, for TREASON?). Would there not be a record of this...somewhere within the archives of the United States Navy?

Some enterprising pundit in search of a Pulitzer may yet connect the dots. May I live to see the day.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following up on your thought, I just put a bug in the ear of an "enterprising pundit" I know. I hope something comes of it.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Wing Wiper wrote:

Thanks for that link WW. A remarkable document suggesting what we all, I think, believe to be the truth as to Kerry's discharge record. While I had previously relinquished any prospect for getting to the truth of this matter in my lifetime, the relatively recent allegation by Melvin Laird that the U. S. Navy had twice-petitioned the Nixon white house for permission to court-martial Kerry gave me some renewed cause for hope. How could the U. S. Navy honorably discharge an officer (small o) that they had an alleged desire to court-martial (and, quite plausibly, for TREASON?). Would there not be a record of this...somewhere within the archives of the United States Navy?

Some enterprising pundit in search of a Pulitzer may yet connect the dots. May I live to see the day.

How about a record referring to it within the Nixon Archives including the Nixon Tapes.

I doubt that the Nixon Library in California would have anything in it since nearly everything was kept in D.C. because of Nixon's resignation and the Watergate headache.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: