SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Obama through the eyes of John Kerry..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: "Obama through the eyes of John Kerry..." Reply with quote

Kerry, per usual, tone deaf to jihadist belligerence...

Quote:
Barack Obama through the eyes of John Kerry and Franklin Graham
by Bob Taylor
May 30, 2013

CHARLOTTE, May 30, 2013 – Two sidebar stories related to the scandals swirling around the Obama administration will likely never receive major attention, but they do provide powerful insight into the president and his methods of governing.

The first comes from Africa as reported by Reuters on May 17, when Nigerian warplanes attacked militant Boko Haram camps in an attempt to counter an Islamist insurgency in the country. Boko Haram is a jihadi group whose name translates to mean “Western Education is a Sin.”

Though largely unknown to the rest of the world, according to author Raymond Ibrahim, the savagery of Boko Haram’s slaughter has killed more Christians than all other similar groups combined.

Whatever the reasons for the lack of global awareness, be they the sheer volume of the breaking news of the past several weeks or the fact the unrest is happening in Africa or some other factor, these are still troubling links to the way the White House handles most situations.

In this case, three days after Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan declared a state of emergency in the northeast region of the country, he received a strongly worded message from Secretary of State John Kerry which basically defended the human rights of the terrorists.

Wrote Kerry, “We are…deeply concerned by credible allegations that Nigerian security forces are committing gross human rights violations, which, in turn, only escalate the violence and fuel extremism.”

In other words, the Obama administration is advising Nigeria not to protect itself against Islamic insurgents.

As Ibrahim points out, Boko Haram is making a “bid to cleanse northern Nigeria of all Christian presence.”

Most disturbing in this is Ibrahim’s assertion that, “the creation of an Islamic state that enforces Sharia law and is Christian free – has not stopped the Obama administration from pointing to anything and everything else to rationalize its bloodthirst.”

The Washington Times - cont'd
    dusty
    Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can count on things only getting worse around the world with Kerry as SoS.
    Schadow
    Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was delicious yesterday to watch Kerry squirm on the Sunday talks to rationalize the fact that he and Obama didn't coordinate their public statements on Syria.

It is sad, however, that these two buffoons are partners in one of the most bizarre mistakes in military doctrine - warning an adversary they are are about to be hit, then telling them no, we'll wait about nine days and please don't hide any targets in the meantime.

Beam me up, Scotty!

Schadow
    James Steffes
    Swiftvet Author

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Watching Kerry squirm Reply with quote

Roger that Schadow, I watched him squirm on the hotseat in the House. I haven't had this much fun since I sat with my Father, a Marine Vet, watching the Army McCarthy hearings in the 1950's. The only thing missing was having Kerry take the fifth amendment when asked a question. Laughing Laughing
    Schadow
    Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has ben sounding awfully 'presidential' the last few days. You don't suppose ......?

Schadow
    James Steffes
    Swiftvet Author

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Kerry's at it again Reply with quote

You bet, he uses the I word very much as if he is in charge. Oh yes, he thinks he is. Too bad we are old and cannot mount a fight against him. But I think the country remembers and his tenure will not last long especially if the Syria thing flops. Ha Ha flip flopper, I made a joke.
    Regards Schadow Embarassed Embarassed
    BuffaloJack
    Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't resist posting this photo of Genghis John.
    TEWSPilot
    Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooooooo, Kerry is such a "savage"......

Schadow
    Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
    Kerry has ben sounding awfully 'presidential' the last few days. You don't suppose ......?

Schadow

Well, here a few months after that post, I would not be all that surprised if he were toying with it. Bill Richardson, former NM governor, etc., etc., stated he thought Kerry might try again.

No matter what's gone before in Iraq and Afghanistan, Kerry and Obama are in the process of looking the other way as Al Q is retaking Iraq piece by piece and the Taliban is savoring the thought of doing the same with Kabul as our leaders ignore the peace-keeping proposals of the outgoing Bush administration.

What's at stake is the position of the US in affairs of the entire Middle East. which seems to be hands-off, including Israel and other current allies, while all effort is focussed on the "Progressive" piecemeal unravelling of our Constitution.

I don't know whether the SwiftVets have the energy left to take Kerry on again. Personally, I came in late, had no hands-on 'Nam experience and could only offer money and vocal support, which I would do again. Any thoughts?

Schadow
    Harvuskong
    Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my sincere doubts that Kerry will be able to get enough support to make another try again.

As best as I can tell, only William Jennings Bryan got a second chance and a third chance as the Demo Party Presidential Nominee and that was back in the 1896, 1900 and 1908 Elections. And he lost the election every time.

My source of those facts is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Democratic_Party_presidential_tickets

I think that it is accurate.
    Schadow
    Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The subject of support for Kerry for another run was discussed on Paul Gigot's "Journal Editorial Report" on Fox today. They were talking about Kerry's diatribe in Indonesia yesterday on the subject of Climate Change. He really laid on the BS about the subject, confirming that he knows nothing about the science except for one thing - a rich source of cash is waiting to be tapped.

JER panelist, Dan Hennegar, reviewed the enviro's disappointment with Obama for not being active enough in stamping out fossil fuel sources. The coffers of the climate change radicals are stuffed with cash and are not getting much support from O.

Hence the thought that Kerry would try again with that source of support. Fortunately, that should be as large a fail as the doomsayers' meme itself.

The radical global warming movement is faltering on the edge of collapse with the confirmation that ALL of the 30+ vaunted computer models for forecasting heating when applied to 1979 and run to the present day predicted significant heating. But, for 17 years, there has been NO net heating of the atmosphere and the outlook is for that to continue, with possible slight cooling for another 20 or so years.

Schadow
    dusty
    Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
    The subject of support for Kerry for another run was discussed on Paul Gigot's "Journal Editorial Report" on Fox today. They were talking about Kerry's diatribe in Indonesia yesterday on the subject of Climate Change. He really laid on the BS about the subject, confirming that he knows nothing about the science except for one thing - a rich source of cash is waiting to be tapped.

JER panelist, Dan Hennegar, reviewed the enviro's disappointment with Obama for not being active enough in stamping out fossil fuel sources. The coffers of the climate change radicals are stuffed with cash and are not getting much support from O.

Hence the thought that Kerry would try again with that source of support. Fortunately, that should be as large a fail as the doomsayers' meme itself.

The radical global warming movement is faltering on the edge of collapse with the confirmation that ALL of the 30+ vaunted computer models for forecasting heating when applied to 1979 and run to the present day predicted significant heating. But, for 17 years, there has been NO net heating of the atmosphere and the outlook is for that to continue, with possible slight cooling for another 20 or so years.

Schadow

For all the man made global warming numbnuts out there:
    Climate change = ITSS

Stands for, 'It's the Sun, stupid'.
    Schadow
    Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's now official. Lurch has gone all in on claiming the elimination of man-caused climate catastrophe as his legacy. Following are some quotes from "Watts Up With That", a climate skeptic forum:

Quote:
    "Here is some history leading up to this epic inanity. In February, Kerry said climate change is as ‘big a threat to the world as terrorism, poverty, and weapons of mass destruction’. Last month Kerry said climate change is the 'biggest challenge of all we face right now.' And on Tuesday September 3rd, at a ceremony to appoint Texas lawyer Shaarik Zafar as special representative to Muslim communities, Kerry told the crowd that it is America’s Biblical 'responsibility' to 'confront climate change.'"

“'Our faiths are inextricably linked on any number of things that we must confront and deal with in policy concepts today. Our faiths are inextricably linked on the environment. For many of us, respect for God’s creation also translates into a duty to protect and sustain his (sic) first creation, Earth, the planet.'”

“'Confronting climate change is, in the long run, one of the greatest challenges that we face, and you can see this duty or responsibility laid out in Scriptures clearly, beginning in Genesis. And Muslim-majority countries are among the most vulnerable. Our response to this challenge ought to be rooted in a sense of stewardship of Earth, and for me and for many of us here today, that responsibility comes from God.'”

"I do hope Mr. Kerry travels to the heart of an ISIS stronghold to deliver this message personally. Maybe then he’ll gain a sense of priority and, perhaps, some sanity when he realizes his epic mistake."

So, there it is. Our State Department is firmly in the hands of a certified lunatic.

Schadow
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: