SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I no longer feel safe posting.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuriousGeorge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild,

I have not followed the story but if I had to guess I would say it was more somebody rating him out to the demos then they tracking him.

You don't have to worry about harassment unless it's a troll or you have public outreach.

Heck even the "evil" aclu would defend you if your freedom of speech was getting attacked.

-notices the glares after mentioning the name- Wink

Post away and always post away! Once you stop; they win.
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low26
You are Great American!
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Post subject: I no longer feel safe posting. Reply with quote

Wow! Looks like they found me already. When I try to access the discussion forum here I get the following message. LOL!

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpBB2/ on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.46 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_09 Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.0.46 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634 PHP/4.3.7 mod_gzip/2.0.26.1a Server at www.swiftvets.com Port 80

I have to access the site from responses to subjects I have posted to! Also have to login again.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not alone - I can't get in from a different window either, so I'm keeping this one open!

Traffic must be really heavy today or they're tweaking the server.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you shane I appreciate that
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to say, john O'Neil looked very good on hanity and colmes tonight. earler newt Gingrich was almost laughing about this.
happy book sales Very Happy
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Proud to Post my Info Reply with quote

A PROUD REPUBLITARD AND SUPPORTER OF THE TRUTH!

Jimmy McDonald
Chief Operating Officer
JC Internet Enterprises - LLC
jimmy@startremodeling.com
http://www.StartRemodeling.com
http://www.ToxicMoldUSA.com
Toll Free - 1-888-336-MOLD (6653)
Corporate # - 281-579-6311
cell phone - 832-722-3155
"We're Bettering your Life by Improving where you Live It!"
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesday,
Sean also said that in NY they have stickers with threats to the presidents life or something like that up all over.>>>>>>

There's going to be a play going on duirng September called "I'M Gonna Kill the President".
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87446.html
tngator
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday ---> don't ever give up. I too was concerned at one time; however, I use the same screen name that I use at my site, as well as listing it in my signature. I am proud to post here because if it were not for these proud HEROES willing to stand up for what is right, we would still be believing the house of cards that Kerry has built for himself. Hold the line Swiftees and let's keep moving forward!
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to intentionally leave my e-mail shown. Let the pathetic kerryite trolls e-mail me. They're a bunch of hollow coward roaches anyway. They can't dispute any facts stated by the Vets, all they can do is make personal attacks like any second grader. They're losers. Smile
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Jerry Corsi's posts dug up Reply with quote

This is the article you are referring to in the original thread. Of course, the left immediately goes on the attack and calls Corsi a "hate-monger'. Just another example of the elevated level of political discourse they bring to the fray.

Anti-Kerry Book Scribe Sorry for Slurs

One of the authors of a new anti-John Kerry book frequently posted comments on a conservative Web site describing Muslims and Catholics as pedophiles and Pope John Paul II as senile.
But as he prepared to launch the book, "Unfit for Command," Jerry Corsi apologized for the remarks in an interview with The Associated Press Tuesday, saying they were meant as a joke and he never intended to offend anyone.
In chat room entry last year on freerepublic.com, Corsi writes: "Islam is a peaceful religion — just as long as the women are beaten, the boys buggered and the infidels are killed."

In another entry, he says: "So this is what the last days of the Catholic Church are going to look like. Buggering boys undermines the moral base and the lawyers rip the gold off the Vatican altars. We may get one more Pope, when this senile one dies, but that's probably about it."

Corsi, who described himself as a "devout Catholic," said the comments are being taken out of context. "I considered them a joke," said Corsi, who owns a financial services company and has written extensively on the anti-war movement.

In a March posting, Corsi discussed Kerry's faith, writing: "After he married TerRAHsa, didn't John Kerry begin practicing Judaism? He also has paternal grandparents that were Jewish. What religion is John Kerry?"

Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, are Catholic.

"I don't stand by any of those comments and I apologize if they offended anybody," Corsi said.

The Kerry campaign called Corsi's Web chat postings disgusting.

"President Bush should immediately condemn this sleazy book written by a virulent anti-Catholic bigot. It says something about the smear campaign against John Kerry that it has stooped to enlist a hatemonger," said campaign spokesman Chad Clanton.

Calls to the Bush-Cheney campaign were not immediately returned.

"Unfit for Command," which goes on sale Wednesday, accuses the Democratic presidential nominee of lying about his decorated wartime record and betraying comrades by returning from Vietnam and alleging widespread atrocities by U.S. troops.

The book claims that Kerry earned his Silver Star not in a barrage of enemy fire, but rather by killing a fleeing Viet Cong teenager. It also questions the three Purple Hearts that Kerry earned, saying that none was for serious injuries and two wounds were self-inflicted.

According to medical records from his naval service, Kerry still has shrapnel in his thigh from a war injury.

"I think it's important the country have the facts about John Kerry so that they can reach a reasonable decision," said co-author John O'Neill, who succeeded Kerry in command of a swift boat. O'Neill also is spokesman for Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, which began airing an anti-Kerry ad last week.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrapnel in his thigh? Which purple heart did he get for that incident?
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrapnel in his thigh? Which purple heart did he get for that incident?>>>

Heard Mr. O'Neill say on Savage today it was the second PH.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one must not be in dispute. Haven't heard much about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: