SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

contradictory statements
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varwoche wrote:
waltjones wrote:
For those who don't get this, ther are many Swiftees who, although not there with Kerry, are angry about his falsely accusing them of war crimes. varwoche, you're one of those people.

This is precisely what I do get, and again cuts directly to my problem with the swiftee allegations.

I understand that many veterans have a visceral hatred for Kerry due to the things that he said. I may disagree on certain points, but I have no problem with vets expressing this sentiment.

I have a big problem, however, when Kerry's service record is attacked by people who have no first hand knowledge of his service, and by people who only had postive things to say about Kerry up until the time he was nominated. Is that understandable?

I think the point that most people here are trying to make, is that they choose to support the swift vets who served with Kerry instead of the man who is running for president. Its a choice they made, and a fine one at that.

As for "Big GOP money", it doesn't bother me personally who donates to this site, but I don't like alot of the defence I hear from people. " Well what about the money Moveon.org gets, MILLIONS" or " What about Michael Moore". The difference here, in my opinion, is that these are admittedly partisan organisations, who devalue Bush and promote Kerry. This site claims to be not affiliated with either party, just against Kerry, but if you read the forums I see a lot of liberal bashing, but if i were to bash conservitives I would get censored (fine its your site not mine) I hope you respect the sketpcism (sp) of a person who sees that the largest reported donor to a non-partisan site criticizing Kerry happens to be a republican. If it were the other way around, I would expect conservitives to have the same skeptcism.

I for one Love what you guys do, along with Moore, Franklin, Stewart, Oreilly, Coulter, Hannity, and the rest of the those who do more investigative journalism/eye witness reports/interviews, that would NEVER get done by a regular journalist.
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4moreyears wrote:
The $100,000...a drop in the bucket for a troll democrat who wishes to attempt to discredit this organization..

Or a true well wisher putting their money where their mouth is or isn't.

I.O.U. If I win the lotto I'll do $100,000.

And no...I'm not referring to the candy bar.

Is this IOU for me?

I accept paypal! Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varwoche wrote:
I have a big problem, however, when Kerry's service record is attacked by people who have no first hand knowledge of his service, and by people who only had postive things to say about Kerry up until the time he was nominated. Is that understandable?

Interesting take. And those "records" on the Kerry website are...what?

Have you read the analysis of Kerry's fitness reports on the Swiftvet website?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="swing votr]
I hope you respect the sketpcism (sp) of a person who sees that the largest reported donor to a non-partisan site criticizing Kerry happens to be a republican. If it were the other way around, I would expect conservitives to have the same skeptcism.

[/quote]

No. I'm sorry. I don't understand why that would make anybody skeptical at all.

What do you expect?

This is an organization that does not want to see Kerry elected. As far as any republican is concerned, that matches what they want to see happen even though they might state it different. The end result would be the same.

Why would it surprise any clear-thinking person that republicans would support this organization?

It doesn't surprise me that big money democrats support move-on.org. Their stated goal has always been anybody but Bush and they were running anti-Bush ads far before the democrats selected a candidate.

I hope every republican in the country sends us money. There is no shame in it. Just as long as we can use the money to see that Kerry, the hero of Cambodia, doesn't get elected.
NavyDoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varwoche...I fully appreciate the skepticism. However, why would you be willing to believe a handful of men, some of whom are being paid by the Kerry campaign (Rassman) when 254 other Swifties, backed by a couple hundred K, are willing to put their reputations on the line? That aside, lets assume we don't know who to believe. This whole terrible mess could have been cleared up by Sen. Kerry coming out, stating the case for his presence in Cambodia on Christmas, and producing all records related to his Vietnam service. Why hasn't this happened? I suspect its because, at a minimum, John Kerry never was in Cambodia.

Is this a big deal? Maybe this highly trained, superior Swift Boat Commander was just 50 miles off course and didn't realize it. Yeah, well, it is a huge deal and I doubt you would buy that the LTJG thought he was in Cambodia but was mistaken. John Kerry used has used his Cambodia recollection as the basis for his turning on service men and women still fighting the Vietnam War and used it on the floor of the Senate in 1968 to try and influence debate. Now the Kerry Campaign has made his Vietnam service the foundation of his campaign. Bush never did this, yet released more records than anyone ever cared to see regarding his Guard time. Beyond the Cambodia questions, Sen. Kerry could completely clear the air and discredit these crazy Swifties by releasing all his records, including Purple Heart Citations and full fitness reports.

Prior to Sen. Kerry's coming out in Boston as a great war hero, this all seemed relatively unimportant (and off limits) to me. Now, it means everything. We live in dangerous times and can ill afford to have a deceptive, Walter Mitty sitting in the Oval Office. I pray Sen. Kerry will prove to me these concerns are unfounded. The deafening silence, however, tells me he has been caught in at least one big lie.
varwoche
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navydoc, I acknowledge that Kerry has created plenty of problems for himself with his statements over the years.

I further acknowledge that the way Kerry shamelessly brandishes his service record is an invitation for scrutiny.

I just wanted to get these statements on the record before our hosts boot me off. I'm not a blind partisan. All I ask is for fair play.
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
[quote="swing votr]
I hope you respect the sketpcism (sp) of a person who sees that the largest reported donor to a non-partisan site criticizing Kerry happens to be a republican. If it were the other way around, I would expect conservitives to have the same skeptcism.

What I meant by this is, when I read the sight (not the forums, i didn't see that til a few dayslater) I got the impression that these were a group of people who served on swift boats... yada yada... politically UNAFFILIATED with either political party. Receiving large portions from one party, doesn't imply political neutrality. These people have the right to donate, obviously, but trying to compare those donations to donations to a group that is affiliated with a party doesn't seem fair to me.
Having read the forums, I thought there would be more Dean or Nadar or Third party fans ( I thought I saw a guy on tv that said he was voting for Nadar? Where is he sticking up for the left?). I guess I am just disapointed that there aren't more people here that dont like Kerry, but arent conservative...
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="swing votr[/quote]

I got the impression that these were a group of people who served on swift boats... yada yada... politically UNAFFILIATED with either political party.
Having read the forums, I thought there would be more Dean or Nadar or Third party fans ( I thought I saw a guy on tv that said he was voting for Nadar? Where is he sticking up for the left?). I guess I am just disapointed that there aren't more people here that dont like Kerry, but arent conservative...[/quote]

Welcome to the real world. Wink

Most of the people here haven't revealed their political party affiliation.(if they have one) Why? Because none of us care. I do remember some of the regular posters on this forum have expressed Libertarian preferences. Who are they? Don't remember. Doesn't matter.

It should not surprise you that a lot (maybe even most) of us are conservative. Most of us are veterans and veterans are universally recognized to be a fairly conservative group.

Are we republicans? I wouldn't know. I'm not a member of any political party although I admittedly am a conservative person. Many of the others here may be the same. I don't care.

What we all do care about is that John Kerry is not fit to be the Commander in Chief! We'll take donations from any person from any or no political party to help us get that message out.

Would you like to make a donation? If you're a democrat and will donate $100,001 so that you can be our largest contributor, we welcome you with open arms. Very Happy
Guammie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Contradictions Reply with quote

I am having a hard time figuring out exactly where Rassman was prior to being thrown into the water. Was he on the boat that hit the mine or on Kerry's boat. According to a press release from Kerry dated in April, I think, he was on the boat behind Kerry, according to his article yesterday in the WSJ, he was on Kerry's boat.
Why is this being given a pass, if he can't remember which boat he was on, how can his memory be relied upon for the rest of his story?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: