SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BAND OF BROTHERS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Flag Reply with quote

I was mistaken then. I was remembering when I was in first grade,(during WW2) one of the older boys raised the flag upside down.The teacher,whipped him with a thick paddle and told all of us in no uncertain terms,that it was disrespectful to the flag,our country,and our fighting men.

I still say Kerry is a lout,and traitor. Oh, and to all the A----- who have harped on NO WMD, they just found a bomb that detonated as the troops passed. It had Sarin gas in it. So, I for one intend to send emails to Kerry,and all the other "know it alls" asking them to resign! They've called the President "traitor,liar,and made wild accusations,for the last 6 months.

BTW, would I go to jail for telling them they are a bunch of lying S.O.B.s??
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Flag Reply with quote

Marine's Wife wrote:
I was mistaken then. I was remembering when I was in first grade,(during WW2) one of the older boys raised the flag upside down.The teacher,whipped him with a thick paddle and told all of us in no uncertain terms,that it was disrespectful to the flag,our country,and our fighting men.

I still say Kerry is a lout,and traitor. Oh, and to all the A----- who have harped on NO WMD, they just found a bomb that detonated as the troops passed. It had Sarin gas in it. So, I for one intend to send emails to Kerry,and all the other "know it alls" asking them to resign! They've called the President "traitor,liar,and made wild accusations,for the last 6 months.

BTW, would I go to jail for telling them they are a bunch of lying S.O.B.s??

Maybe this should be Swift Boat Veterans for Half Truth - at best?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3722255.stm

However, a senior coalition source has told the BBC the round does not signal the discovery of weapons of mass destruction or the escalation of insurgent activity.

He said the round dated back to the Iran-Iraq war and coalition officials were not sure whether the fighters even knew what it contained.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

John Kerry should hang

More appropriate. For treason.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Flag Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

He said the round dated back to the Iran-Iraq war and coalition officials were not sure whether the fighters even knew what it contained.

And what difference do either of those make?

1. It is clearly part of stockpiles that were not destroyed (regardless of era) as required.

2. So they didn't know what it contained? Does that mean we should give them a "buy" on setting an IED?
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Flag Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Craig wrote:

And what difference do either of those make?

1. It is clearly part of stockpiles that were not destroyed (regardless of era) as required.

2. So they didn't know what it contained? Does that mean we should give them a "buy" on setting an IED?

It is not necessarily part of a stockpile.
It didn't seem to be a very effective bomb. That might indicate that some idiots expected greater explosion from a device that was not designed to make great explosion.

Only takes a couple minutes to search up something like this:
http://cshink.com/no_chemicals_on_mortar_shells.htm
Even if Saddam had tried to comply and destroy all chemical weapons I would think the surprise would be if no forgotten stashes were found. Even in recent years there has been forgotten stashes of past wars weapons found in US that were lost even when it was not a war on US mainland where they may have been lost due to chaos of battle.
Don't forget that Saddam ruled through fear and that fear can make idiots of people.
Well, what might have been in some of the stuff those Iraqi's threw in the river? Something killed their cattle and and lot of people - so they were afraid and did something really stupid by throwing what they were most immediately afraid of in the river. - for sake of likely being afraid to report it to anyone.

But what do you imply with your remark? Is that sufficient evidence now to use for retroactive evidence of cause to go to war?
Even if some stockpile of some kind of WMD is found now it might be enough to impress people determined to believe what they want to believe and to impress some of the naive. Maybe if something is discovered in October that might be enough to sway a lot of votes - and even if it be found later to have been planted there would likely be no way to prove the administration knew of it.
There have been growing numbers of reports that US is smuggling in WMD - I don't post any of it because none is from sites I think particularly credible. - Well, any damned thing that US would bring into country would likely be done as secretly as possible. Tankers of gasoline might just contain gasoline and it would certainly be a good idea to ship it on the sly to avoid it getting blown up.
Some might think it unimportant how the Arab world might be impressed - but there has been much in the Arab world that has assumed from the start of the war that US would plant WMD - so any such stockpile that might be found might have more negative than positive effect in views in that part of the world. Would not matter if it were a Saddam stash or US plant. Even lot of US friends would be skeptical by now.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: post Reply with quote

I don't give a damn what the Arabs think. They didn't hesitate to call on the US when Saddam and his thugs rolled into Kuwait. They knew they would be next on his list.

I will take my grandson's word over the BBC,CNN, or any of the other Liberal Media

Suck that slop up if you want,but don't expect the rest of us to buy their crap. You would make a good PR man for Saddam.

I've sent off 18 emails today,and I intend to keep doing it.Some of you deserve Kerry. The rest of us do NOT !! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: post Reply with quote

Marine's Wife wrote:
I don't give a damn what the Arabs think. They didn't hesitate to call on the US when Saddam and his thugs rolled into Kuwait. They knew they would be next on his list.

I will take my grandson's word over the BBC,CNN, or any of the other Liberal Media

Suck that slop up if you want,but don't expect the rest of us to buy their crap. You would make a good PR man for Saddam.

I've sent off 18 emails today,and I intend to keep doing it.Some of you deserve Kerry. The rest of us do NOT !! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Gotta love a tantrum. Wink

You are talking about the Saddam and thugs that US did much to build up in power - much as US has meddled in the affairs of them countries for a long time - same Saddam who used to be US good buddy while he was gassing them Kurds that no one thought important back then.
Same Saddam who was given green light to attack kuwait?

Your grandson knows about some WMD that the liberal media has not heard about?
I have noticed that the right wing media - the ones I looked at so far - has not bothered to mention how old that munition was nor bothered with the whole quote about what was found and it was not considered to be some WMD find.

I've sent some emails today. Didn't count ho many though. Read the paper had my coffee and had me a regular bowel movement.

Thank you for the mindless but impotent insults.
XXX kisses Very Happy
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: post Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

You are talking about the Saddam and thugs that US did much to build up in power - much as US has meddled in the affairs of them countries for a long time - same Saddam who used to be US good buddy while he was gassing them Kurds that no one thought important back then.

Soldiers,

Please note in this poster's message the "America is to blame" ideology. This is standard leftist faire - always blame the U.S., or Israel, or the Jews, for terrorist barbarism.

Is this a Western ideology? Does this philosophy ring true to "Semper Fi"? Is it consistent with the values expressed in the Old and New Testaments? Or is it something alien to Western / Judeo-Christian culture?

You be the judge.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points, Craig. Notice how not a single one of them could be credibly rebutted by foxdirtlover!

Saddam's gassing of the Kurds didn't mean didley back when the US was providing billions in aid, as well as intelligence.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky and Craig,

If you guys wanna get married, go to Massachusetts, where its legal.
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: post Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Craig wrote:

Soldiers,

Please note in this poster's message the "America is to blame" ideology. This is standard leftist faire - always blame the U.S., or Israel, or the Jews, for terrorist barbarism.

Is this a Western ideology? Does this philosophy ring true to "Semper Fi"? Is it consistent with the values expressed in the Old and New Testaments? Or is it something alien to Western / Judeo-Christian culture?

You be the judge.

Cool. You display that you cannot deal with debating or discrediting the issue so you turn on the messenger.
That is just the sort of response I like best from your sort. Laughing
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
Sparky and Craig,

If you guys wanna get married, go to Massachusetts, where its legal.

Thanks for sharing your homosexual fantasies Rolling Eyes
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: post Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Keep up with the talking points. We're going to discuss some history.

1. Iraq was a "buddy" only so far as they contained Iran and fundamentalism. When they failed in that, they weren't a buddy anymore.

2. US support to Iraq consisted primarily of Intelligence data, nothing more. The rest of the claims are spin.

3. Iraq was a Soviet supported state. Hussein could get and did get all the military armaments he desired from the Soviets (although they would not give him WMDs).

4. Saddam wasn't given the green light to attack Kuwait by anyone. That is a lovely bit of spin that completely ignores not only the actual words used in the meeting in question, but the cultural realities of the Middle East.
Craig

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: post Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Craig wrote:

Keep up with the talking points. We're going to discuss some history.

1. Iraq was a "buddy" only so far as they contained Iran and fundamentalism. When they failed in that, they weren't a buddy anymore.

2. US support to Iraq consisted primarily of Intelligence data, nothing more. The rest of the claims are spin.

3. Iraq was a Soviet supported state. Hussein could get and did get all the military armaments he desired from the Soviets (although they would not give him WMDs).

4. Saddam wasn't given the green light to attack Kuwait by anyone. That is a lovely bit of spin that completely ignores not only the actual words used in the meeting in question, but the cultural realities of the Middle East.

1. Then he failed on the day he invaded Iran and he did not fail when he was gassing the Kurds?
One can wonder why it was important to rescue Kuwait but not to rescue the Kurds.

2. I have read quite different accounts than that. You claim that they are spin.

3. And US fixed him up with Anthrax and some other interesting diseases for sake that it was trusted that one who would gas thousands of civilian folks would not use the materials for malign purpose?

4. Yea - I heard that aplenty - that Saddam merely misunderstood that assurance he was given.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

Craig/Sparky, you can attack me all you want. I can take it. I may be THROWN off the board but YOU won't drive me away. Got it? Don't you DARE disrespect my grandson,you ignorant pieces of crap! You're not fit to discuss my grandson! You sit on your A-- and imagine yourself fit to judge the Military. YOU are not fit to lick their boots.You are EXACTLY the kind of rejects Kerry draws,and just for the record, save your "kisses".I wouldn't let you kiss my A-- ! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: