SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hurricane Charlie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Hurricane Charlie Reply with quote

I have been watching Fox on the storm all morning, tremendous devestation. Gov. Bush has declared an emergency and is on the scene helping the people today. President Bush will be there tomorrow to prepare his team to help and support the people affected. I switched to CNN to see other views when they announced that Kerry will be windsurfing in the Colorado river basin for the next few day's. This is a reminder that Kerry has been absent (AWOL) from the Senate and now he goes AWOL on the people of Florida in there time of need. To you undecided people and Kerry supporters, is this the type of President that you want and deserve. He is self centered and his agenda is the only issue that he has taken a stand on. I hope you have a good time windsurfing John Kerry, we wouldn't want to impose on you while people suffer in this great Nation that you want to lead. Semper Fi.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine,

What a great point. I did not even think of it. Estimated 10 BILLION dollars damage (half of Hurricane Andrew) and he's recreating.

I don't waant somebody that stupid.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving this topic to Geedunk

Thanks
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I can speak for all of us that our hearts go out to the people of Florida and their families. One would think that Kerry would feel the same way but he doesn't. Kerry's character is critically flawed and this is another example of just how bad it is. He goes AWOL on the American people at every point in his career, first he bugged out of Nam early, then lied about all Vet's to the Senate, votes against every military and Veteran's issue to date and now during his campaign he goes AWOL on Florida a battle ground State. This guy is an idiot plain and simple. Semper Fi.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN just said that he will be taking the entire week off to relax then he will address the VFW next week. Hope our brothers in the VFW give him the welcome that he deserves!!!! Semper FI.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, folks, I don't like Kerry any more than the rest of you do, but what good could Kerry do down in FL right now? If he went to FL, he couldn't do much for the situation there and he'd be accused of campaigning. This is one situation where he's going to be criticized no matter what.

To me, this is similar to the infamous seven minutes.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize Kerry. This isn't one of them.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could put his ambitions and selfish recreation aside and don a pair of gloves, people need help. He is also a US Senator who could help get the money flowing to the people who need it. His absense speaks volumes. I can't stand Kerry but if he truely wanted to help and be a leader he has to step up to the plate. I hope he enjoy's his windsurfing trip, if he just stayed at home or went back to DC and did his job as a Senator I think he would look much better, but recreation on the Colorado river for a week give me a break. Semper Fi.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life,

And I guarantee you that if he put on a pair of gloves and started working (and I agree that that is something he could do), he would get slammed for politicizing things. Okay, so if he were a stand-up guy, he could help with the cleanup, criticism or no. (Or would the SS and press corps that follow him be more in the way?)

I don't see how he can do anything to start money flowing.

Hit him for something that really matters. This isn't it. This is petty. It sounds just like the flak from the anti-Bush crowd about the seven minutes.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to argue with a team member so lets just say I disagree. He is Gaffing off a State that will be critical to him in November. Besides how persanally apalled I am about his windsurfing adventure he just doesn't get it politically. I do remember how recently he dogged Bush for taking time off right after 9-11. Don't get me wrong I am glad that he is doing this, it show's his true character which add's merrit to this group's claim's. Semper Fi.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life,

Do you REALLY want to see him getting media coverage (POSITIVE media coverage) for helping in FL???

I think he ought to take his vacation right now, as planned <evil grin>.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No as I said before, I am glad that he did this. It helps us. I guess I am befuddled that the DNC and Kerry could be this dumb. Or they think that they have Florida in the bag, which is also dumb. Their campaign slogan is "Help is on the way" this is why I think he should be exposed on this character issue. I am with ya on the vacation idea, can we arrange it to last about 30 years? Semper Fi.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 15 people confirmed dead - unknown number of missing - could be buried in the collapsed buildings and homes. Sad

What a sad day for us all. My prayers go out to those who have lost family and friends and homes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: