SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for some debating help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pio
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Looking for some debating help... Reply with quote

Hi,

First off thanks to all the veterans past and present for your service.

I've been in a protracted debate with some Lib friends regarding the issues raised by your group and we touched on the topic of Kerry's Fitness and Evaluation Reports. I was under the impression from Talk Radio that these reports are incomplete and/or missing and I was directed to his site where he is listing some or all of them:

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/military_records.html

Are these complete? If not what is missing? I am not a student enough of this stuff to be able to talk intelligently on the subject so any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you start here.
Pio
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that page very closely and while it comments on a number of issues within the existing Fitness Reports I was looking for something more specific on what is actually missing from the list that the campaign has posted on the site...meaning gaps in time, etc etc.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no after action reports. There's no spot reports of any kind before February 69. There's nothing to document his time on PCF-44, except the first purple heart, which oddly was "earned" on 12/2/68, but awarded on 2/28/69. Not that 2/28/69 is the same day that Kerry was involved in the incident that got him the Silver Star. Did he say to his new CO, "Hey, I never got my PH from December"? Having just participated in action resulting in a Silver Star (which Elliott now says he would not have awarded him had he know he shot a fleeing VC in the back), it would have been easy to convince the CO that he should have gotten a PH for an action two months previous that the CO didn't know about. After all, the word of an officer and a gentleman is trustworthy.

There's no medical records describing and supporting his wounds. There's no documentation of who actually signed the papers for the awards he received.

In short, most of the critical records are not available on his site.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just blogged the talking points about Kerry's "band of brothers". You can see it here - http://antimedia.blogspot.com/2004/08/john-kerrys-band-of-brothers.html
Pio
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's perfect...appreciate the help.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pio...one of the more obvious...Page 1 of LCDR Streuli's (CO,COSDIV13) fitness report on Kerry is MISSING for unexplained reasons. Do NOT be misled by the sequence of reports in the Kerry presentation. The page PRECEDING Page 2 of the Streuli/Elliot "Concurrent" report is actually Page 1 of George Elliot's "Concurrent" fitrep (the Kerry Campaign REVERSED the sequence of that report - Page 2 THEN Page 1) which covers the ENTIRE tenure of Kerry's service from his first transfer from Coastal 14 to Coastal 11 to the termination of his Vietnam service with Coastal 11.

I have heard arguments that, because George Elliot's final "concurrent" report, composed some 9 months after Kerry's departure from Vietnam, covered the period of the "Streuli" concurrent report, it might be appropriate to substitute Page 1 of the "new" "Elliot" fitrep for Page 1 of the "Streuli" fitrep. On that point, I'll await the opinion of "authorities" in Naval Officer record keeping.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I have heard arguments that, because George Elliot's final "concurrent" report, composed some 9 months after Kerry's departure from Vietnam, covered the period of the "Streuli" concurrent report, it might be appropriate to substitute Page 1 of the "new" "Elliot" fitrep for Page 1 of the "Streuli" fitrep. On that point, I'll await the opinion of "authorities" in Naval Officer record keeping.

Boy, that sure isn't the way things were done in the Air Force!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:

Boy, that sure isn't the way things were done in the Air Force!

Like I said AirVet, I've heard it "argued", but that was only ONCE by a single individual who was playing "Devil's Advocate" for the missing Page 1. Here's the link...

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4735#4735
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Looking for some debating help... Fitreps Reply with quote

There is a great analysis in table form of ALL of kerry's fitrep at "Sportsmen for Kerry Edwards ?" an anti kerry site here http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/fitrep_analysis.htm

For example the first gap is (14 Apr 67 -08 Jun 67) also his rankings for the best fitrep kerry has from Elliot says " the acknowledged leader among his peers" this write up looks awesome but kerry 's rankings and his promotion recommendation for that same fitrep are not.

Also Elliots desire to have kerry in "command" is marked down one, this is a silent dagger for the most decorated boat crew of the war. I have written over 60+ fitreps and there is a big problem here.

This end of combat tour fitrep is not submitted till 9 months later (this tells me something is wrong)

There are other big inconsistencies, but understand that sometimes a serviceman's new CO will cover missing dates from the last unit as a favor even though he did not observe that person at that time. (this makes up for administrative lapses and is wrong and very risky but necessary for promotion of a assumed good officer)

I have seen men cover up DUI's and change awards by gaming this- I am convinced kerry did the same.
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
Pio
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again all.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for some debating help... Fitreps Reply with quote

HardCorps wrote:
There is a great analysis in table form of ALL of kerry's fitrep at "Sportsmen for Kerry Edwards ?" an anti kerry site here http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/fitrep_analysis.htm

That's a great site in it's own right. It needs to be sent to all of the Gun Rights/RKBA and Hunting groups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: