SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would you like in a revised Ad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what a boston whaler is in reference to Vietnam? To me a boston whaler is a small rowboat.
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continue to believe that Kerry changing his Navy records, particularly if done after becoming a Senator, is an issue all voters can identify with.
If there is proof of two-three iterations of the Silver Star citation each glorifying more than the previous (like a single VC becoming a "numerically superior enemy") with the current one signed by John Lehman more than a dozen years later an ad demonstration would be compelling. Ditto if he changed his ACDU discharge from "to the Navy Reserve" to "to the Navy Reserve INACTIVE", particularly if there were differences in his commitments to periodic meetings/training.
While his testimony and other anti-war activities stink to those in this forum, I'm afraid the average American today just rationalizes those as his doing his best to stop an "unjust war".
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: medals Reply with quote

OK,
IF the papers could be rewritten to apply for the medals,
(embelishing things) would Kerry or a CO be doing this?

Were there other papers HE filled out for medals he did not get?

If he filled out paperwork (which I understood he did for the purple hearts)
reporting injury, what all else did he need? Just his word?
Or, was it a commanding officer that said, "gee son I'm going to
write you up for a purple heart!" Who wrote up what?

I thought I heard that one of the stars was turned down, but was given years later. By who, and were they even around at the time he earned it? My question is, would there be records of any medals applied for but turned down?
Is there a place that clarifies this, or is it all fuzzy till he turns in form 180?
Guammie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know why SECNAV Lehman signed the citation for one of Kerry's awards? He wasn't SECNAV until what, about 1980?
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know if any of these papers could be for replacing the medals that he threw over the fence ??
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mona wrote:
Herb wrote:
Like others, a brief clip of Kerry before Congress -- admitting his own war crims, Cambodia etc.

BUT, use NEWSPAPER VISUALS or other document ABOUT HIM since people seem to be influenced by such quotes where there is something written.

The Xmas in Cambodia lie is enromously impt, and it is what caused me to change my mind about the SBVTs and take a long look at their arguments. However, I am 48 years old and knowledgable about history.

Ads must target swing voters. My 25 yr old son is one such. He knows

Exactly (Cambodia NEW LIES and Swing voters).

Like all habitual liars, Kerry rushed to tell a NEW lie rather than just let his old ones lay there when exposed. (This was a tremendous boon to his opponents but is actually to be expect since they are opponents due to this very flaw in his character.)

The BEST evidence we have that the SwiftVets are truthful and Kerry is a liar is that during the FIRST WEEK Kerry and Campaign changed his story
TWICE (Three times?).

First, claiming he never said it. (even though it is documented over 30 years in his PRINT ARTICLES and even FORMAL remarks before the US Senate.

Second, he claimed it must be someother time -- despite it being his ONLY Christmas on the boats and being "seared -- seared" into his memory (His emphasis from the Senate speech.)

Third?, when he claimed it was "between Cambodia and Vietnam" when no such geographical location exists. (The river does NOT run "between" them.)

Fourth, he is going to have to change it at least one more time when it is pointed out that a) even his OWN "campaign crew" and his own words put him elsewhere at Christmas and that crew insists neither they NOR the boat were EVER in Cambodia.

Then there is the fact that the border was GUARDED and other officers have testified that he could not have "slipped by" and would have been stopped.

Last edited by Herb on Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: seared vs deep fried Reply with quote

Something else...

I haven't seen this on the boards yet, but that's likely an oversight on my part. I believe we should examine it and use it as the goldmine it is.

In "Unfit" the Cambodia fantasy-lie is exposed. That chapter (3) also tells of an interview Kerry gave with the Boston Herald (I think).

In that interview, Kerry is quoted with an embellishment that isn't in the Congressional Record account. This embellishment is extraordinarily important, however, and it is also an extraordinary comfort to those of us who still love and honor this country as it was originally defined.

(I believe the interview was with the reporter whose name starts with a "K" and who is now the lapdog du jour of the DNC, writing stuff for them as well)

Kerry, in the interview, repeats basically the verbatim spiel about how horrid his Christmas was, Santa never showed up and all that. He adds that it was that event, "seared" into his "you bet I inhaled" memory, that broke his little heart and turned his innocent schoolboy faith to one that doubted pronouncements made by his gummint.

But he also said (and look this up, this is from memory and not a word-for-word quote) something along the lines that when Richard Nixon lied to the nation about Americans being in Cambodia on Christmas of 1968" it changed him. He repeats this, I believe, during the article. He likely repeated it elsewhere in his snakish little life, but I don't know where.

He clearly and definitively mentions America being lied to by the President of the United States, that Richard Nixon specifically lied to the American people (and broke lil' Johnny's heart) about there being no Americans in Cambodia in '68.

Here's the two-part balm: 1) Christmas 1968 was 26 days before Richard M. Nixon was inaugurated as President (little time warp there, Johnny) and 2) if Nixon had been President and if Nixon had made that statement it would have been true because Kerry was never there!! Even for broiled monkey on a stick!!!

Easy exposure! Easy lie! Could be done with written fade-ins coming up under the written and simultaneously spoken claims about RMN.

Kerry is not the brightest bulb in the box. He's managed. He does not think, period. He does what he's told--he just doesn't listen very well, apparently. Like in a firefight (which I do not presume to say I was ever in), you just yell "KERRY!" and he'll pop up like a cheap internet ad and say, "Huh?" and you shoot his ass! Easy target! He's a dope!

Did he graduate from Yale? Yup. Did he graduate from Yale with a low "C" average? Yup. Not the brightest bulb. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you for the assist, DNC!!

Gosh, I love this war!
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
frankzzz
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media now accepts the fact that he lied about Christmas in Cambodia but I think they will give him a pass on it unless they hear another lie about his service (before they forget this one).

So I think it’s time to back off the attack on his decorations and go directly after him for the damning lies he told before congress.

The good thing about the “war crimes” and “atrocities” lies is that there is actual film footage of him telling them.

One hard-hitting technique might be to simply play cuts of Kerry's testimony and each time he uses a phrase such as “war crimes” or “wires to the genitals”, punctuate it with a quick cut to the footage of Ted Kennedy saying the exact same words and holding up one of his glossy, hard-backed pictures of the Abu Ghraib prison guards. Since this is still very fresh in the public’s mind, they will get a clear understanding of just how serious Kerry’s accusations really are.

Perhaps you could close such a piece by cutting to a scene that includes a diverse group of very-serious-looking Vietnam veterans looking into the camera while, in the background, a voice says: If Mister Kerry committed war crimes and atrocities, he deserves the same treatment the Abu Ghraib prison guards are getting and, if he didn’t, isn’t it about time he apologized for turning an entire generation against us with his lies? Please, Mister Kerry, tell the truth.
iggit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iggit wrote:
How about what he really is????

Moderator -- now really, iggit; that's way over the top.

HA.... didn't think it would last long. But you had to admit it is funny.

Of course it isn't real. Not even in a long shot. But I have a hard time believing Kerry was not recruited after Nam for another reason.
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: seared vs deep fried Reply with quote

silenthunter wrote:
Something else...

Kerry, in the interview, repeats basically the verbatim spiel about how horrid his Christmas was, Santa never showed up and all that. He adds that it was that event, "seared" into his "you bet I inhaled" memory, that broke his little heart and turned his innocent schoolboy faith to one that doubted pronouncements made by his gummint.

But he also said (and look this up, this is from memory and not a word-for-word quote) something along the lines that when Richard Nixon lied to the nation about Americans being in Cambodia on Christmas of 1968" it changed him. He repeats this, I believe, during the article. He likely repeated it elsewhere in his snakish little life, but I don't know where.

Here's one that speaks directly to the LIE of "change" based on the LIE of Cambodia and the LIE of who was President:

Washington Times wrote:

Kerry's Cambodia confusion

http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20040812-090512-6687r.htm
...why would Mr. Kerry tell such a misleading tale on the floor of the

Senate? Throughout his political career, Mr. Kerry has referred to his
Christmas in Cambodia as the moment when he became disillusioned
with the American political leadership, and why he became such a
vociferous opponent of the war upon his return from duty. Indeed, it is
a moving lesson, as he recounted in 1986 on the Senate floor: "I have
that memory which is seared — seared — in me that says to me,
before we send another generation into harm's way we have a
responsibility in the U.S. Senate to go the last step, to make the best
effort possible in order to avoid that kind of conflict." But it didn't
happen. And what are Americans to make of a presidential candidate
whose life-altering moment was a figment of his imagination?

JT8D
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you like in a revised ad? Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe anything like that would be a dreadful error. First, this is a short ad. Second, it does not do anything but further in the public's mind that this is all just petty pissing match among former vets. They will tune it out. Moreover, the DNC is powerful and its capacity to smear the SBVTs is quite vast -- don't make this a contest of repuations about anyone but Kerry.

DITTO Exclamation BREVITY IS A POWERFUL TOOL... ARGUE FACTS, AS RELATED TO THE MAIN SUBJECT, NOT PERSONALITIES OF LESSER PLAYERS.

Quote:
...Raise the issue of whether he recommended himself for medals for trivial injuries that may have been self-inflicted. ...

DITTO: AMERICANS WILL TOLERATE THE "LITTLE WHITE LIE" AND EVEN DEFENSIVE DISHONESTY TO A POINT--BUT, AMERICANS DISPISE THE MANIPULATOR, WHO THINKS HIMSELF ABOVE OTHERS. WE HATE THE TREACHERY OF A SELF-AGGRANDIZING CHEAT.

Quote:
...it is bad PR to focus on anything more than one or two easily grasped issues that put Kerry on the defensive, that leave the ball only in his court. ... The challenge must be simple and something the public can readily grasp. He has relevant records but will not release them. Why not?

DITTO Exclamation KEEP THE BALL IN KERRY'S COURT... THE MORE THIS IS DONE, THE BIGGER HIS LIES WILL BECOME. KERRY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REMEMBER WHICH LIE HE TOLD WHEN AND TO WHOM, AND THAT IS HIS ACHILLIES' HEAL. FOCUSING UPON KERRY'S CONSTANTLY CHANGING STORY WILL UNDERMINE HIM.

THE KEY IS TO 'CROSS THE WIRES' IN KERRY'S SUPPORT STRUCTURE. SINCE JOHN KERRY REVEALS "FACT SET-A" TO TARGET-GROUP-A, AND "FACT SET-B" TO TARGET-GROUP B, ETC. THEN THE WAY TO FINISH HIM IS BY RUNNING COMPARATIVE SOUND-BITES OF HIS CONTRADICTIONS, IN AREAS PERCEIVED TO BE "SWING-VOTERS"

FORGET TARGETING THE HARD-CORE LEFTIES, SINCE THEIR CHARACTER IS MADE OF THE SAME MATERIAL AS KERRY... GARBAGE.
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: The next Ad??? Reply with quote

The next ad should challenge Kerry and his 13 'devoted ' followers to a live national debate on whatever TV or cable station you could get (FOX??). On one side is the 13 vrs. the 240/swiftboat veterans against his being CIC/President. Who would referee Laughing Laughing Yea yea I know I'm dreaming but if it happened the USA would see the depth and breath of the those who oppose him and were there as Swifties . His credability would go to zero IF you could have a FAIR debate on the Navy records and John O'Neill's factual book "Unfit for Command". I saw Brit Hume today on Fox defending John's book saying something like 'it was a book that should be more widely and seriously covered because of how well it's written and networks are not paying attention to it compared to what was covered about Bush's national guard records' Of course left wing Cris Wallace looked shocked that Bret was angry Very Happy Very Happy
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the next ad to directly counter the objections to the first ad:

"We are made up of Republicans, Democrats, and Independents who all believe the same thing - John Kerry is not fit to lead this great nation."

"As a 527, we are not affiliated with, nor do we have contact with the GOP."

"In defference to Senator McCain, we believe the record of John Kerry, a record he has used to promote his worthiness as CiC, is pertinent. Character is pertinent. Truth is pertinent."

"Folks at MoveOn.org have stinky armpits."

(OK, maybe not the last one).

SOTG
Molon Labe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Be careful with "self-inflicted" Reply with quote

When referring to Kerry's PH wounds as "self-inflicted", you should avoid giving the impression that he inflicted the wounds on himself *intentionally*. That is not supported by the facts and is an overreach. The term should be qualified or explained.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Be careful with "self-inflicted" Reply with quote

Molon Labe wrote:
When referring to Kerry's PH wounds as "self-inflicted", you should avoid giving the impression that he inflicted the wounds on himself *intentionally*. That is not supported by the facts and is an overreach. The term should be qualified or explained.

Explained:

A self-inflicted wound is a self-inflicted wound, whether it's intentionally shooting yourself in the foot or launching a grenade that causes ricocheted fragments to fly back into your person.

There is nothing inherently derogatory about the phrase "self-inflicted wound."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: