SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can a President receive the P. Heart while in office?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Can a President receive the P. Heart while in office? Reply with quote

Regan had an attempted assasination on him, where he was shot. Does he get a purple heart for this, granted we weren'y really at war (cold war maybe), but he was on duty as president when he received his injury? That being said, If, as president (hypothetical), Kerry gets wounded (God forbid it happen to anyone), and receives a purple heart, could he then request transfer ( Wink ) out of the white house?
CuriousGeorge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well?

Would an officer recieve a purple heart of a soldier tried to kill him? I am not sure.

I don't think he would as he is also a political figure.....
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know either, but I can think of one a few years ago I wish had received one. Wink
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Kerry's case, No. To qualify for a P/H it has to be the result of enemy fire and since the enemy of America wants Kerry elected they won't hurt him. He couldn't get one from friendly fire and that's the most likely fire that he would receive. Semper Fi.
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
In Kerry's case, No. To qualify for a P/H it has to be the result of enemy fire and since the enemy of America wants Kerry elected they won't hurt him. He couldn't get one from friendly fire and that's the most likely fire that he would receive. Semper Fi.

I wouldn't underestimate old JFKerry; didn't he get his first PH from a self-inflicted wound?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: