SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 13, 1969 report needed for the 3 boat
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wuzthere2:

Here is a link to the damage report for March 13. Notice that is is for the 94 boat. This is from The Bandit's site, and he got it from the Kerry site.

http://idexer.com/misc/pcf94_damage.jpg

Comments?

There is a long, ongoing discussion about the Alston timeline and also about the 3/13 incident. Here's the link if you are interested:

http://idexer.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
Wuzthere2
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Boat positions and David Alston Reply with quote

baldeagl--David was the gunner but as I recall he was wounded seriously earlier and I don't remember him being on the boat that day...but I wouldn't swear to that. Almost two months had passed. As for the boats, the 93 was directly behind the 3 boat on the left bank. Running lead on the right bank was Kerry (94) followed by the 51 and 35. Not positive of the exact order, just that they were behind Kerry and abreast of us.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: 3 & 94 boat damage Reply with quote

Wuzthere2 wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy -- never saw a damage report for the 94...suspect that's because there was no second mine to do any damage. As I said in an earlier post, there are at least 20 guys out there that witnessed the whole thing. From what I've read, only the 5 guys on the 94 back Kerry's version. The question should be why? And Rassman's story is the biggest crock I've ever heard. Sounds like someone trying to protect some gedunked medals. Isn't it amazing no one else was awarded anything (that I know of)? We had our share of firefights...just not on that day.

Hope you've had a chance to look at the link for the 94's damage report.

Thank you so much for all the information.

Someone asked the other day if Thurlow had received any medals that day, and there wasn't a ready answer.

Oh, man - protecting geedunked medals - can you imagine the shame some of those guys must feel if that is part of what's at the root of this? It would mean that they've sold their honor for a coverup. I feel so sad for them if that's the case!

Rassman, I'd trust just about as far as I could throw him. HE couldn't even get his story straight when it came to explaining how he and Kerry happened to hook up, again! Rolling Eyes

We're all very glad you're here and hope you don't mind all the questions and attention.

Thanks, again!
Wuzthere2
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: appreciate info Reply with quote

yu gottabekidding-- thanks for the info. I can see how it gets confusing real fast. We weren't privy to damage reports etc and to be honest at the time didn't really care. One reason for it all is boats would operate together and then rotate to other areas or back to An Thoi. In other words, you could be out on the rivers while another crew was having a decorating ceremony back on the APL.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wuzthere2,

Does that damage report look reasonable for 94? IOW, do you remember Kerry's boat being damaged as the report shows?
Wuzthere2
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: 94 damage Reply with quote

ugottabekiddn - absolutely not. that's 3 boat damage.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wuzthere2,

Surely wish that the report on the 3 boat could be had. If it and the purported 94 boat damage report are identical other than the number, that would be really suspicious.

Would also be interesting to get a copy of the 94 report (or see if there is one).
Wuzthere2
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Paper trail gone cold Reply with quote

ugottabe-- Here's the deal. None of us knew Kerry was filing all these reports. And for those that did...they didn't question anything. I am an eyewitness. I was looking right at the 94 boat. As I remember it, his boat got sideways in his own wake. The twin 50 gunner was blasting away dropping hundreds of shell casings on the boathouse deck (not unusual to spend half an hour scouping brass over the side following a firefight). When his own wake hit his boat, Kerry slipped on casings and banged his forearm on the raised deck inside the cabin. It was actually kinda funny at the time. Who knew?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: